What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Ingonator
KVRAF

8029 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

fmr wrote:Here is the link to my revised bank. Hope that the volumes are OK. When I play, sometimes the audio meters jump, but I lowered the volumes in all the patches to acomodate enough headroom to not clipping (and I usually play with heavy weight, because of the piano training).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuhgswn63mifg ... 20Book.fxb
I have other patches, but will make them available later :)

Hi Fernando,

many thanks. Will include into the collection ASAP. Hopefully sometimes tomorrow i could publiah the collection with alll corrected patches (and all new ones submitted since yesterday).

Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Studio One / Reaper / Pro Tools // Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + other plugins
Breeze
KVRAF

1658 posts since 13 Oct, 2002

Postby Breeze; Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:25 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

FYI, Ingo, I'm completing my bank to 128 patches, but it won't be done before Friday... ;)
BlackWinny
KVRAF

1839 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

Breeze wrote:
bk wrote: [ducks] :hihi:

Where's the smiley for running after someone with a sledgehammer...

;)

Sorry, I'm kilometers back in the pages (now 56) but I send sometimes a smiling answer to the front...
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
2DaT
KVRist

277 posts since 21 Jun, 2013

Postby 2DaT; Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

idfpower wrote:
2DaT wrote:@idfpower :
Is it happens with other hungry synths e.g. Diva ?

Yes, but in a different way: CPU hogs usually drive my DAW into digital clipping. In OBXD's case, is more like a continuous cracking sound. I've experienced the same type of behaviour with a couple of other synths (most recently with SynthMaster Player - in Draft mode) and some were not even sucking all the CPU up, so I guess there's something in the codes of those plugins that don't click well with my version of FL Studio - do take notice this is an older version (9), not the current FL. So this might occure on ancient computers such as mine, most ppl with more up to date machines won't face such issues :)

Maybe you should try tweaking your OS (ASIO, turning off network drivers,etc).My friend tested obxd with ancient single core athlon and got 20-30% of cpu , but no glitches at all :)
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

3553 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:41 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

BlackWinny wrote:
Breeze wrote:
bk wrote: [ducks] :hihi:

Where's the smiley for running after someone with a sledgehammer...

;)

Sorry, I'm kilometers back in the pages (now 56) but I send sometimes a smiling answer to the front...
:D

I personally would not read all that in hindsight. Life is short and I might regret not having done something more constructive with those hours... :?
BlackWinny
KVRAF

Postby BlackWinny; Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:37 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

fluffy_little_something wrote: (page 61) I am also in favor of a bend range knob as 2 notes is often too little, while an entire octave is often too much, which makes it hard to get a, say, 5 or 7 note interval.

Musically, the ideal should be a fifth up (a fourth down).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
Debutante
KVRAF

2650 posts since 15 Jan, 2005, from Ottawa, Ontario

Postby Debutante; Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

Where's the latest version?? Tge dropbox thing is not good for this...
idfpower
KVRian

1062 posts since 13 Sep, 2012

Postby idfpower; Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:11 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

2DaT wrote:Maybe you should try tweaking your OS (ASIO, turning off network drivers,etc).My friend tested obxd with ancient single core athlon and got 20-30% of cpu , but no glitches at all :)

Yeah, could be :)
telurica.eu5.org
Frantz
KVRAF

2657 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:17 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

I'm on an i7 and I find OBXD very reasonable on the CPU considering the sound quality. Even with all 8 notes sustained, OBXD's CPU usage is always below 30%. Certain Diva patches in Divine mode can consume 100% CPU of my PC.

@Debutante: I think 2DAT is keeping post #1 updated with the latest version.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
layzer
KVRAF

1693 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:00 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

Frantz wrote:I'm on an i7 and I find OBXD very reasonable on the CPU considering the sound quality. Even with all 8 notes sustained, OBXD's CPU usage is always below 30%. Certain Diva patches in Divine mode can consume 100% CPU of my PC.

@Debutante: I think 2DAT is keeping post #1 updated with the latest version.

i get by fine with 4 voices at half the cpu. 1 bass note and 3 finger chord :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - YAMAHA TX802]
SW [Z3TA+ - CHARLATAN - SYNTH1 - DUNE BE - MICROTERA - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK XPSP3 PC/MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
MachFront
KVRist

423 posts since 11 Jul, 2006, from Fayetteville, GA

Postby MachFront; Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:35 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

7 year old stock Acer with an AMD Athlon x64 dual core (2.4ghz), XP sp3 using Reaper 4.591 and 8 notes sustained on a patch with unison had cpu floating around 18%.
This is with a browser and iTunes both running in the background.
Now, that I'm not playing it...I see that the cpu is hovering around 15-17%.
Deleting the instance of OBXD (and the track) but keeping Reaper and the rest running the cpu is staying right around 0-3%.
So... I dunno.
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos
layzer
KVRAF

1693 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:23 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Late to the patch party as usual, i present you 5 leads for OBXD

i hope to finish it off as a 32 or 64 patch leads bank. feel free to add for now, Ingo :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rve9nv
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - YAMAHA TX802]
SW [Z3TA+ - CHARLATAN - SYNTH1 - DUNE BE - MICROTERA - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK XPSP3 PC/MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
BlackWinny
KVRAF

Postby BlackWinny; Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:14 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

I can't understand why many of these websites are obviously in the false when employing the expression "2DaT has released" (or present equivalent) even though... it is in fact not released but in a prerelease version. It's like they would hurry, speed up the developer without any consideration to his real plans, calendar, other activities... and freedom to decide himself.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Numanoid
KVRAF

8648 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:26 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

BlackWinny wrote:I can't understand why many of these websites are obviously in the false when employing the expression "2DaT has released" (or present equivalent) even though... it is in fact not release but in a prelease version. It's like they would hurry, speed up the developer without any consideration to his real plans or decision to decide himself.

Yeah, that's sacrilegeous
Halb Wesen und halb Ding
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

3553 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:37 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

I don't care whether it is an official release. What I find irritating though is that these days press releases are usually copied and pasted all over the internet while there is very little real information. That is a general remark that applies to almost any product :P I wish Google were clever enough to hide all links with identical text...
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments