Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

fmr wrote:Here is the link to my revised bank. Hope that the volumes are OK. When I play, sometimes the audio meters jump, but I lowered the volumes in all the patches to acomodate enough headroom to not clipping (and I usually play with heavy weight, because of the piano training).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuhgswn63mifg ... 20Book.fxb
I have other patches, but will make them available later :)
Hi Fernando,

many thanks. Will include into the collection ASAP. Hopefully sometimes tomorrow i could publiah the collection with alll corrected patches (and all new ones submitted since yesterday).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

FYI, Ingo, I'm completing my bank to 128 patches, but it won't be done before Friday... ;)

Breeze wrote:
bk wrote: [ducks] :hihi:
Where's the smiley for running after someone with a sledgehammer...

;)

Sorry, I'm kilometers back in the pages (now 56) but I send sometimes a smiling answer to the front...
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

idfpower wrote:
2DaT wrote: @idfpower :
Is it happens with other hungry synths e.g. Diva ?
Yes, but in a different way: CPU hogs usually drive my DAW into digital clipping. In OBXD's case, is more like a continuous cracking sound. I've experienced the same type of behaviour with a couple of other synths (most recently with SynthMaster Player - in Draft mode) and some were not even sucking all the CPU up, so I guess there's something in the codes of those plugins that don't click well with my version of FL Studio - do take notice this is an older version (9), not the current FL. So this might occure on ancient computers such as mine, most ppl with more up to date machines won't face such issues :)
Maybe you should try tweaking your OS (ASIO, turning off network drivers,etc).My friend tested obxd with ancient single core athlon and got 20-30% of cpu , but no glitches at all :)

BlackWinny wrote:
Breeze wrote:
bk wrote: [ducks] :hihi:
Where's the smiley for running after someone with a sledgehammer...

;)

Sorry, I'm kilometers back in the pages (now 56) but I send sometimes a smiling answer to the front...
:D

I personally would not read all that in hindsight. Life is short and I might regret not having done something more constructive with those hours... :?

fluffy_little_something wrote: (page 61) I am also in favor of a bend range knob as 2 notes is often too little, while an entire octave is often too much, which makes it hard to get a, say, 5 or 7 note interval.
Musically, the ideal should be a fifth up (a fourth down).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Where's the latest version?? Tge dropbox thing is not good for this...

2DaT wrote: Maybe you should try tweaking your OS (ASIO, turning off network drivers,etc).My friend tested obxd with ancient single core athlon and got 20-30% of cpu , but no glitches at all :)
Yeah, could be :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

I'm on an i7 and I find OBXD very reasonable on the CPU considering the sound quality. Even with all 8 notes sustained, OBXD's CPU usage is always below 30%. Certain Diva patches in Divine mode can consume 100% CPU of my PC.

@Debutante: I think 2DAT is keeping post #1 updated with the latest version.

Frantz wrote:I'm on an i7 and I find OBXD very reasonable on the CPU considering the sound quality. Even with all 8 notes sustained, OBXD's CPU usage is always below 30%. Certain Diva patches in Divine mode can consume 100% CPU of my PC.

@Debutante: I think 2DAT is keeping post #1 updated with the latest version.
i get by fine with 4 voices at half the cpu. 1 bass note and 3 finger chord :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

7 year old stock Acer with an AMD Athlon x64 dual core (2.4ghz), XP sp3 using Reaper 4.591 and 8 notes sustained on a patch with unison had cpu floating around 18%.
This is with a browser and iTunes both running in the background.
Now, that I'm not playing it...I see that the cpu is hovering around 15-17%.
Deleting the instance of OBXD (and the track) but keeping Reaper and the rest running the cpu is staying right around 0-3%.
So... I dunno.
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

Late to the patch party as usual, i present you 5 leads for OBXD

i hope to finish it off as a 32 or 64 patch leads bank. feel free to add for now, Ingo :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rve9nv
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I can't understand why many of these websites are obviously in the false when employing the expression "2DaT has released" (or present equivalent) even though... it is in fact not released but in a prerelease version. It's like they would hurry, speed up the developer without any consideration to his real plans, calendar, other activities... and freedom to decide himself.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

BlackWinny wrote:I can't understand why many of these websites are obviously in the false when employing the expression "2DaT has released" (or present equivalent) even though... it is in fact not release but in a prelease version. It's like they would hurry, speed up the developer without any consideration to his real plans or decision to decide himself.
Yeah, that's sacrilegeous

I don't care whether it is an official release. What I find irritating though is that these days press releases are usually copied and pasted all over the internet while there is very little real information. That is a general remark that applies to almost any product :P I wish Google were clever enough to hide all links with identical text...

Return to “Instruments”