Komplete 9 Upgrade

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just received my upgrade to Komplete 9 from Komplete 6. Should i uninstall K6 prior to initialling K9? If not, once K9 is installed, how do i remove the older K6 content i will no longer need like Battery 3 and Kontakt 4 etc?

I'm running OSX 10.9.

Thanks

You should keep the old content. For example Battery 3 has more sounds than battery 4.

Yep, what he said.

Thanks for your replies,

I should at least uninstall Kontakt 4 to save drive space, no?

Battery 3 has more content than 4 (though 4 will play 3) so if you were to do that, copy the battery 3 location in the library somewhere safe.

Also the latest battery update allows you to bulk import your battery 3 content into Battery 4. Then the kits and samples will show up as user content.

clivestretch wrote:Thanks for your replies,

I should at least uninstall Kontakt 4 to save drive space, no?
I don't think you will need Kontakt 4 any longer unless you have other tools that only work in Kontakt 4 like Gtak 4.
You might want to see if Kontakt 4 has any old content that isn't present in 5.

If you have old projects using, for example, Battery 3 or Kontakt 4, then you will need to keep them and their libraries installed. At least until you have replaced the plug-ins in the projects by Battery 4 and Kontakt 5.

How that is done, depends on your DAW host.

The new versions DO NOT automatically replace the old ones.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar is right, the first thing to worry about is whether any pre-existing DAW projects will be expecting your older plugins.

As far as the actual content goes, everything in the Kontakt 4 library is included in the Kontakt 5 library. If you manage to convert your Kontakt 4 projects to use Kontakt 5 (or don't have or care about that), you can safely blow away K4.

Same will go for Guitar Rig... Komplete 6 had Guitar Rig 4 I think? So if you ever used that in your projects, make sure you don't still need it installed before getting rid of it.

As far as Battery goes, I actually think Battery 3's a much better product than Battery 4. I'd plan to leave them both installed long enough for you to decide whether you like working with B4. Some people seem happy with it, but they removed a bunch of features I still use in B3 all the time, so I only ever use B4 for its new kits, never for my own kits.

The rest of the Komplete 6 lineup will be seamlessly updated, if K9 has any updates you haven't already installed.

Return to “Instruments”