drum machine/music box automaton for Kontakt 4

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made this nonsensical drum machine in Kontakt scripting. It can generate random or randomly evolving rhythmic patterns. It looks like this:

and sounds like this:
http://soundcloud.com/fairlyconfused/psychodrumma1

You need full version of Kontakt 4 to run this. Details and download here: http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... nking.html

If you like it, or hate it, or fish, leave a comment. Thank you.

...beta note.
Last edited by Zombie Queen on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

what a gem :)

I'm was wondering, if this would be usable to anyone else but me...

I'm IN!!!
=]

Alright, this Saturday then. Kontakt 4 and free. I guess I will have to write a manual... :scared:

Here... and now.

:hyper: W000T!
I'll be taking this for a spin later this evening if the fates agree :D
thanks sooo much!!!

really looks fun - downloading now and looking forward to a play sometime soon(ish - I'm over busy at the moment :( )

Zombie Queen wrote:I'm was wondering, if this would be usable to anyone else but me...
i reckon i can make use of it :)

many thanks!

Holy thanks! Nice job.
You're skilled and much generous!
downloading...
thanks again.
:)

Looks really good, going to have to try this.

Thanks! I don't know, if anyone has got deep enough into it, to consider this, but I'm pondering on a way to make the random procedure repeatable. Now, the machine picks some random numbers as it plays, so it's quite impossible to re-play an evolving/randomized sequence, unless you record the out-coming audio. I have this idea to generate a group of random numbers beforehand and then use them while playing, this way the random sequence will be perfectly re-playable. I'm trying to implement such feature now. Any thoughts on the idea?

Thanks for this...I think it's a great idea to be able to save a random sequence, and have it recalled later. Please implement this feature. :)
Thank you for everything.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”