Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Joel Bisson's 2DaT OBXD Synthesizer Preset's
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/c474c0a3

there's 41 presets from me now, i will make more, i will try to emulate my favourite presets in other synthesizers.

BlackWinny wrote:
I can't understand why many of these websites are obviously in the false when employing the expression "2DaT has released" (or present equivalent) even though... it is in fact not released but in a prelease version. It's like they would hurry, speed up the developer without any consideration to his real plans, calendar, other activities... and freedom to decide himself.

Technically, it has been released, as a public alpha/beta...

Either it was released or it leaked, otherwise I would not have it on my computer :hihi:

Kriminal wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
I can't understand why many of these websites are obviously in the false when employing the expression "2DaT has released" (or present equivalent) even though... it is in fact not released but in a prelease version. It's like they would hurry, speed up the developer without any consideration to his real plans, calendar, other activities... and freedom to decide himself.

Technically, it has been released, as a public alpha/beta...
I wonder how much time it will take until the Omega :hihi: It's an entire alpha-bet(a) of letters to go through. :)
Fernando (FMR)

Say what you want... the only person who is in right that HIS product is released... is the developer himself. Nobody else. It is a question of respect to each other. For any reason, personal, professional, familial, health, studies, priorities of all other kinds... the only person empowered to declare that a product is ready to distribute is the author himself. Fine if tomorrow 2DaT says "OBXD is now released"... but it hasn't yet said so. Anybody within ourselves and elsewhere can't decide at his place and worse... declare it publicly in webpages or anywhere else!!!

All that have been shared here are versions of development, for voluntary testers, sound designers, and the quite few persons who incidentally stumble upon this thread discussing the evolution, features and bugs of a product in development. That's all! Until today it remains a product which has never been declared publicly by the developer, simply because only himself can say "I am now ready to distribute it because I consider that all the features are complete, all the first important bugs are closed, and the product is ok for a distribution of its first version". Freeware or not, the developer of a product is its only owner and himself only may decide what he wants to do with it... and when. It is his baby, not ours. We have repeated this enough times during all the 95 pages of this thread, do you remind?

Would you accept yourselves a public declaration of release of one of your products by someone else other than yourselves? You could have many personal reasons to delay a date of release and without having to justify these personal reasons to others!

The owner of OBXD is 2DaT, not us nor Rekkerd nor any other one! Only 2DaT! Anybody is allowed to declare the birth of his baby at his place. It is a question of politeness, of courtesy, of fair, and of respect to the person.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I guess you are taking this too formally :) Read the first post in this thread. If he had not released it yet, he would not have written "Stable Build" and that it is available in 32 and 64-bit versions...

BlackWinny wrote: The owner of OBXD is 2DaT, not us nor Rekkerd nor any other one! Only 2DaT! Anybody is allowed to declare the birth of his baby at his place. It is a question of politeness, of courtesy, of fair, and of respect to the person.
Welcome to the internet where everyone says and does as they please.

I agree it would be nice if people waited for 2DAT to declare it ready. Unfortunately, websites are all trying to get the scoop and be the first to break the news.

Yes Fluffy. But he has said that only for us.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Frantz wrote:Welcome to the internet where everyone says and does as they please.

I agree it would be nice if people waited for 2DAT to declare it ready. Unfortunately, websites are all trying to get the scoop and be the first to break the news.
Yes Frantz. But it's not a reason to accept this lack of respect. It is a question of principles about the respect due to each others. And Internet or not...

Well, this is a public message board, he might as well have posted a bill in the Tube :D

It ain't over until 2Dat sings :)
Now seriously - I think it's semi-released. He didn't packaged it properly for distribution (it has no manual, AFAIK, and no official factory library, for example). So, it's semi-released. IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:It ain't over until 2Dat sings :)
His name is 2DAT, not 2FATLady. :D

There seldom is a manual for free stuff, there is none for Charlatan, either afaik. And really, this synth is quite simple, just like Charlatan.
Nor do I think he will make factory presets when we have already made hundreds of free patches...

Frantz wrote:
fmr wrote:It ain't over until 2Dat sings :)
His name is 2DAT, not 2FATLady. :D
It was a joke, and a twister, obviously. But I can't be sure. He (she?) may very well be a lady, and fat. I never met him (her?) :hihi:
@ 2Dat. Please don't be offended - it's just me trying to be funny :D
Fernando (FMR)

If 2dat were a woman, that would be a miracle, sometimes I feel like there are only men on KVR, especially among the nerds, um, developers/programmers :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”