Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

BBFG# wrote: About ST3? Why? Have you got something to release? ;)
Yes, we do. We'll release more videos (from Stephan for sure - he recorded a few more) and audio demos soon. And then the product, of course. :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote: About ST3? Why? Have you got something to release? ;)
Yes, we do. We'll release more videos (from Stephan for sure - he recorded a few more) and audio demos soon. And then the product, of course. :)
So then all off topic comments are game since you still have nothing definitive to say. At least mine was about IKM products already here. ;)
Seriously though. This has now officially become to time consuming to continue.
Moving on?

(Btw, I've reduced my signature to only the things I tend to program. It's not a reflection of the other things I use. And I do use ST2 and MSO fairly regularly).
Shame about A3 though.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

BBFG# wrote: Moving on?

This pops up under my "my forum topics" so it's omni present, but yeah I'm not sure I'm hip to it anymore.

firepile wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...not in the most recent entry where our Support Manager has stepped in to try to help you out. Please make sure you are referring to that and if you provide the requested information it will likely help avoid further issues and move your ticket forward.

So, about SampleTank 3... ;)
Yes, about SampleTank 3: When will it be released and what is the upgrade price?
It will be released as soon as it is ready to be released, and we have not yet disclosed the upgrade pricing yet - only that there will be a deal for long-time users too. Details will come as soon as I can share them.
4 Years ago: SampleTank 3 coming soon!
2 Years ago: SampleTank 3 is under way!
Last year: SampleTank 3 will be out before the end of the year!
Dec. Last Year: SampleTank 3 will be shown at NAMM (assumed release)
NAMM 2014: SampleTank 3 will be out in March-April (maybe)
Now: SampleTank 3 will be released as soon as it is ready to be released (whenever that is)

firepile wrote:4 Years ago: SampleTank 3 coming soon!
Now: SampleTank 3 will be released as soon as it is ready to be released (whenever that is)
Clearly, IK is learning not to over-promise. They had a working version at the NAMM show and I can't imagine it'll be very far off.

Uncle E wrote:
firepile wrote:4 Years ago: SampleTank 3 coming soon!
Clearly, IK is learning not to over-promise. They had a working version at the NAMM show and I can't imagine it'll be very far off.
To be fair, the 'working version' did seem to have some problems still. But I think it was mostly because some idiot decided to put it on the weakest laptop they could find instead of something strong enough to show it off.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Look, IK has done some wonderful things for me in the past. I'm not bashing, but this is kinda sorry. Not that life stands still for me w/o it or anything. But if you promise or imply a promise then it's natural for people to feel let down.

It's a forum, some people are going to overreact, some are patient, some will agree, others will disagree, some will feel hurt. I'm no expert but I suggest the "light" version and for people not to get too bent. It's not like they are unaware of the dissatisfaction.

This whole issue sounds familiar (meaning I've seen it in circumstances from other developers). Here's my take on the subject:

None of us really know the truth regarding their Return On Investment (ROI) on their other products vs Sample Tank. If it is true that the ROI is greater on those than it is for ST3, then diverting resources towards ST3 development is counter productive from a business point of view. Factoring in the problem of "tight" resources, extending the ST3 development cycle becomes a rational business decision.

To further complicate matters though, management then had to consider the risks of losing customers due to the extended ST3 development cycle.

So, based on the above hypothesis, IKM's Cost Risk Analysis led them to the current situation. The question now is: will there be enough new customers to offset the lose of some old customers?

The answer to that question may lie in the timeliness of the ST3 release date AND the update/upgrade price!

(PLEASE NOTE: NONE OF THE ABOVE IS BASED ON INFORMATION FROM IK MULTIMEDIA. IT IS PURE SPECULATION FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY)
"...Save the bones for Henry Jones, 'cause Henry don't eat no meat..."

nvm

firepile wrote:
first ile wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...not in the most recent entry where our Support Manager has stepped in to try to help you out. Please make sure you are referring to that and if you provide the requested information it will likely help avoid further issues and move your ticket forward.

Yes, about SampleTank 3: When will it be released and what is the upgrade price?
It will be released as soon as it is ready to be released, and we have not yet disclosed the upgrade pricing yet - only that there will be a deal for long-time users too. Details will come as soon as I can share them.
Maybe they are delaying the release because they are trying to obtain a license to bundle it with Duke Nukem!
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

gmontano wrote:
firepile wrote:
first ile wrote:

Maybe they are delaying the release because they are trying to obtain a license to bundle it with Duke Nukem!
Man there are thousands of reasons why it got delayed but we know how the internet works. If its not perfect then its bullshit. The net is mad at IK for not releasing it years ago when maybe they really didn't see a reason to improve it years ago. The comments many have made would make it seem like they would be perfectly happy with 2.5 if it was 64 bit. To me that says IK made a great product that was useful for a long time.

With the magic of Extreme Sample Converter, I must admit that SampleTank (2.5 xt) is the most stunning engine I have EVER heard. Sounds WAY better than the original Instrument (Horn)... Wow..

Can't wait for Sampletank 3 now... Will there be an upgrade special for XT owners?

They hype continues.

When the only thing that people really care about now is Price and Availability.

Return to “Instruments”