Commercial soundsets...always Massive and Sylenth...

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sound designers would sell more and we would get a more accurate view of the market if they all went to selling sounds ala carte, as with an iTune/Amazon way of selling - individual patches. Then we wouldn't have to fill up a bank with 96 underwhelming EDM patches to get the three or four they did well.

BBFG# wrote:Sound designers would sell more and we would get a more accurate view of the market if they all went to selling sounds ala carte, as with an iTune/Amazon way of selling - individual patches. Then we wouldn't have to fill up a bank with 96 underwhelming EDM patches to get the three or four they did well.
I don't think it's ever going to happen. Some artists refuse sell separate tracks because they think the album should be listened to as a whole.
In a similar manner, I'm sure the most popular soundbanks contain no fillers.
I can only speak from my experience but I can garantee there are no fillers in mine. If I don't really like a preset I've made, it gets ditched before making it into the bank. And that's partly why I don't release more of them.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Sound designers would sell more and we would get a more accurate view of the market if they all went to selling sounds ala carte, as with an iTune/Amazon way of selling - individual patches. Then we wouldn't have to fill up a bank with 96 underwhelming EDM patches to get the three or four they did well.
I don't think it's ever going to happen. Some artists refuse sell separate tracks because they think the album should be listened to as a whole.
In a similar manner, I'm sure the most popular soundbanks contain no fillers.
I can only speak from my experience but I can garantee there are no fillers in mine. If I don't really like a preset I've made, it gets ditched before making it into the bank. And that's partly why I don't release more of them.
As I said, I usually get four out of a hundred of usable patches. Mainly because they are filled with EDM patches. It's like when Coke sells Dr. Pepper to the stores, but tells them for every case of DP to buy, you are required to buy four cases of Coke so we can truthfully tell the world Coke is our number one seller (to the retailer). So the argument being made here is that EDM sells more, but the truth is, many of us are stuck buying the crap patches (although I do understand that is what some people want) just to get the handful of decent and good patches in it. And most artists sell through iTunes & Amazon individual songs. Beyonce just tried selling all or nothing and it may or may not work for her. Most sound designers don't have the same pull as Beyonce though. (Unless you can get Jordan or Hans to endorse it). ;)
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

It would be interesting to hear what Nori Ubukata would program for Sylenth1. A whole bank of prog-rock influenced sounds would be nice for a change.

Would any of the sound designers turning a profit describe any of their work as "ghost writing"?
ImageImageImageImage

I am planning a release of Leap Into The Void Massive unlimited as separate downloads apart from the subscription which includes the complete collection and future "Clusters" (as I call them). Every cluster contains roughly 10-20 presets and have a specific focus, technique or style etc. As the Massive unlimited collection grows this more and more became an obvious alternative that will be launched eventually.
Wether it's a good solution or bad, time will tell. For this specific collection though, it is sort of already pre-made and I can only see a good thing coming out of it.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Why not sell individual patches with minor break points at certain quantities?
Then a designer would accurately know the sounds that sell and the ones that don't.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

It's all with the assumption lower prices + increased sales = better profits, which is definitely not something to be confident about.

The only thing you can be relatively confident is increased customer satisfaction, which may lead to sales and may not.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

liv wrote:
I am planning a release of Leap Into The Void Massive unlimited as separate downloads apart from the subscription which includes the complete collection and future "Clusters" (as I call them). Every cluster contains roughly 10-20 presets and have a specific focus, technique or style etc. As the Massive unlimited collection grows this more and more became an obvious alternative that will be launched eventually.
Wether it's a good solution or bad, time will tell. For this specific collection though, it is sort of already pre-made and I can only see a good thing coming out of it.

I wish you all the best with this approach. I've tried it several times, like for example with our Korg Monopoly Grand Bundle ( 400 presets ), that I have splitted in 5 themathic banks.

Less than 6% of our customers choose to purchase one or several thematic banks. Otoh hundreds of people did get the Monopoly Grand Bundle. This invalidates the choice, at least for me, for even smaller soundsets, not counting the fact that with paypal or similar systems minimal fees per sale, it's not worth the trouble for micro commands ( You could even loose money when selling something at the extreme )

Thats the point with our users : Usually they want ALL our patches for a certain synth :oops: Thanks to them :hail:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

aciddose wrote:It's all with the assumption lower prices + increased sales = better profits, which is definitely not something to be confident about.

The only thing you can be relatively confident is increased customer satisfaction, which may lead to sales and may not.

Exactly this : There's no mass market for VSTI themselves. And therefore even less with soundsets for VSTI. Only solution is the satisfaction of your users.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
liv wrote:

I wish you all the best with this approach. I've tried it several times, like for example with our Korg Monopoly Grand Bundle ( 400 presets ), that I have splitted in 5 themathic banks.

Less than 6% of our customers choose to purchase one or several thematic banks. Otoh hundreds of people did get the Monopoly Grand Bundle. This invalidates the choice, at least for me, for even smaller soundsets, not counting the fact that with paypal or similar systems minimal fees per sale, it's not worth the trouble for micro commands ( You could even loose money when selling something at the extreme )

Thats the point with our users : Usually they want ALL our patches for a certain synth :oops: Thanks to them :hail:
Thanks for the heads up and for sharing your experience. :tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Return to “Soundware”