What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Waves Element - Worth buying?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

2252 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:59 am Re: Waves Element - Worth buying?

osiris wrote:Pass. Waves plays not pretty with FL.....

Nor with Mulab, has to do with that proprietary Waves platform I suppose...
KVRAF

2652 posts since 21 Oct, 2002, from "somewhere between digital and analog"

Postby DHR53; Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:39 am Re: Waves Element - Worth buying?

Waves is a PITA but if you have an iLok and you get in on some of the deals there offering, they do make some great stuff. I wish they'd just offer the plugins and get over the subscription nonsense… I think there's a market for them with bedroom producers if they'd wise up. :roll:
KVRAF

3670 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 am Re: Waves Element - Worth buying?

DHR53 wrote:Waves is a PITA but if you have an iLok...

Waves no longer requires an iLok.
KVRian

1095 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:02 am Re:

WhySoLazy? wrote:Its now on sale for 89$ and I have 50 $ voucher ,

So I get it for only 39$

Can someone recommend it?

I have Komplete9Ultimate so Synthwise I have lots of 'em .

Is there anything special about Element that its worth buying it?

Thanks

Its definitely worth 39$. GO FOR IT... :)
KVRAF

38394 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:12 pm Re: Waves Element - Worth buying?

Those prices are old. Sorry I neckrobumped,

It's 99 bucks currently. I guess maybe AD has it cheaper? I'd rather pay 85 than 99. It's worth 99 for me. I've just been having a blast.
KVRian

814 posts since 28 Jun, 2005, from La La Land

Postby Orbit-50; Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:23 pm Re: Waves Element - Worth buying?

Waves Element is really cool. I have just about every synth under the sun, but I really feel something for Element. I really love the layout of it. There's just something about the plugin that makes it very special. It's very friendly on the brain as well as the eyes. Try the demo. For some strange reason that you probably won't be able to exactly put into words, you'll keep thinking about it and you'll want to buy it, or it's possible that you'll hate Element with a passion and curse the day that this wretched plugin was designed and you'll be scarred for life because you will never be able to replace the moments you wasted trying the demo. Let us know how that turns out. Thanks. :)

.-.
Intel Core i7, Cubase 7, Ableton Live 9 + Push, Halion 5, NI Komplete 9, Waves, Nexus 2, Spire, FXpansion, Alchemy, Waldorf Largo, z3ta+2, Rapture, Synthmaster 2, Ohm Force, GForce, D16 Group, Sylenth1, ArtsAcoustic, FabFilter and more...
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:53 pm Re: Waves Element - Worth buying?

There is a good, short review of Element:
http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/wave ... wed/152599
KVRist

54 posts since 14 Aug, 2006

Postby MetroSonus; Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:37 pm Re: Waves Element - Worth buying?

I really like element. A different while still being simple and capable. I've made tons if blade runner style sound in it.

It definitely is one if the more unique and overlooked synths.
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:28 am Re: Waves Element - Worth buying?

On their site it says they have development centers in India and the Ukraine. Makes me wonder why their products are so expensive, I mean, even Element is cheap compared to their other stuff...
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments