Get Wavelab LE 8 for free

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:Anyone know why I don't see mp3 as a save format? The manual says that I should be able to, but I don't see it listed.
It becomes available when you have put the Lame encoder .dll in the Wavelab/system folder. See here for details: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... nts-7.html

And yes, it wasn't possible in Wavelab LE 7 which quite sucked, works fine in LE 8 though. I think the reason is that normally you have to also purchase the MP3 encoding license, which is licensed from Fraunhofer or so. Lame is better anyway though. :)

Thanks for the heads up Numanoid. :tu:
Much appreciated. :)

Gave them my email, never heard back from them?

I'm talking about steinberg here.
Funny, I'm considering buying cubase, but this doesn't inspire much trust.
Server down?

chk071 wrote:
robojam wrote:Anyone know why I don't see mp3 as a save format? The manual says that I should be able to, but I don't see it listed.
It becomes available when you have put the Lame encoder .dll in the Wavelab/system folder. See here for details: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... nts-7.html

And yes, it wasn't possible in Wavelab LE 7 which quite sucked, works fine in LE 8 though. I think the reason is that normally you have to also purchase the MP3 encoding license, which is licensed from Fraunhofer or so. Lame is better anyway though. :)
Strange that I couldn't find that searching the manual. Makes sense though - thanks.

I did wonder about that, but thought that a for profit company like Steinberg would have had that covered.

urlwolf wrote:Gave them my email, never heard back from them?
You mean, you didn't get an E-mail from Steinberg when you wanted to create an account?

Have you checked your spamfolder, could have ended up there.

chk071 wrote:Mainly the maker function. And a better GUI, more intuitive handling, transport functions work better. I don't know if you can even jump with the cursor to stuff like waveform start/end, start of selection/end of selection and so in Audacity. Oh, and i never found a way to display the volume peak in Audacity, while it's very easy in Wavelab.
Thanks for the heads up :tu:

Would be excellent to be able to install it to more than one computer, also my small laptop, but Steinberg only allows for 1 usage per eLicenser, or (hopefully) more than that?

Nope. You'll need a physical dongle to use it on 2 or more computers.

Cool tip. Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Thanks, Numanoid for the tip :)

Works fine here :)

Thanks for the heads-up. Feel slightly guilty getting something I wasn't really entitled to, but the upgrade fee from LE to Elements is an irresistible £44, so I suppose they're getting money from me that they wouldn't have otherwise at the end of the day.

I don't think they have a problem with it, as, like in your case, they will even benefit from it. :P It's rather Beat's sloppiness if they don't avoid stuff like that. (they ran out of z3ta+ license keys too, as they sorta gave it away for everyone... imagine the face expression of the people who bought the mag, and realized that they ran out of licenses. Don't know if those got a refund, or got a license after all)

Numanoid wrote:Go to Beat Serial Center and register for Wavelab LE 8 in issue no 1, 2014
Once more, Beat killing the market and pissing on other's turf.

I mean, what is this?
PPVMedien sold Wavelab and Cubase LE for 15EUR each back in the days, else this software is "bundle-ware" (hardware). Falkemedia obviously gives a friendly F for quite a while now and rather says "if people are eager enough to find it and login, they get it for free".

For me as paying customer(!), this is not only a slap in the face, but also very bold. I once wrote the CEO of Beat regarding their first "Beatdrive" attempt with software that was "mag-ware" (paid, IIRC z3ta+ - I paid my fair money for that back in the days for a regular license) otherwise before. He told me into the face pretty much "it's your fault - the serials are available on the net for quite a while now".

What the hell?!

I consider this release highly "grey zone".

And Falkemedia just lost even more of my respect (as former BEAT subscriber myself). Much like FutureMusic/Computer Music (Future Publishing Limited) with their constant "cracked software in videos" thing.

Promotion or not, that is not the first time they funked this up.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Well done everyone for picking up on this great offer. Yes 50% off to upgrade to elements is a no brainer.

Jamesville wrote:Well done everyone for picking up on this great offer. Yes 50% off to upgrade to elements is a no brainer.
What is the difference between LE and Elements?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”