Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any recommendations for trouble-free web browser to use for playing SoundCloud tunes?
I'm having problems with all the browsers I've tried using on my Windows 8.1 computer.

I have 8.1 and use Google Chrome without a hitch. Soundcloud songs are normally completely buffered before the first note plays.

I just tried firefox, chrome, safari, opera, and ie and they all say Sorry Something Went Wrong.

Is there some setting I'm missing?

Then it's not the browser.

SoundCloud has had periods of very poor performance somewhat recently but I'm not seeing anything today. You could be having ISP issues, or perhaps have weird DNS settings that are throwing SoundCloud off. (I don't know how SC do their hosting, but some content networks, like Akamai serve up content geographically based on your DNS settings, and some common public DNS servers result in really poor performance for a lot of people.)

Until almost a year ago Firefox used to be terrible with SoundCloud; songs would stop playing or never buffer, and this was definitely a browser-specific issue. But for at least the past 9 months it's worked fine for me with all my devices and all my browsers.

Thanks much for replies.

I got it to work in Chrome. I had too many things blocked and basically unblocked all that I thought would potentially interfere. I must have done similar blocking in the other four browsers since they didn't work. I haven't tweaked those anymore. I'm happy I got one to work.

While I get it to work with every browser, the old Soundcloud had a much better performance than the new one, at least with Opera (browser)... :(

Dude, I thought I was doing good with almost 3,000 posts in almost 10 years and you crossed the 6,000 mark in less than two years. Congratulations!!

Musical Gym wrote:Dude, I thought I was doing good with almost 3,000 posts in almost 10 years and you crossed the 6,000 mark in less than two years. Congratulations!!
Is there a competition? If I would earn $1 with every post, I'd post some 6,000 more... :P

yodle lay ee hooh, so would everyone else

There's a big banner on mine that says they are having streaming problems, so I don't think it's your browser

osiris wrote:There's a big banner on mine that says they are having streaming problems, so I don't think it's your browser
I got Chrome to work (see above).
Thanks for info on banner. I would have thought it was on my end if I saw it.

speaking of soundcloud, is there a way to sort the songs in a group by newest, most listened, etc? I can't find a way

Personally Chrome is a nightmare.

Firefox works wonders.

Internet explorer works ok (not a fan).

Maybe something on your system streaming?

I use firefox on my PC and the Soundcloud app on my smartphone. The app works great most times.

I remember when there was all that Oracle ActiveX hoohaw and they were telling people to disable it until Oracle could update it, SC would absolutely not work in Chrome.
I hate Oracle (and Adobe)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”