What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Rad Grandad

24571 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:33 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

virtualmark wrote:
spaceman wrote:Would this host be useful if you're not into bleep blop tweeng twong doing-some-random-crap-here wobble wobble music?

By the looks of it, I would guess not.

Never go full retard...

and your reaction was better how? educate yourself...you dont know the people reading your posts :shrug:
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate
-George Harrison
KVRAF

40088 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:50 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

What do we got here, about 6 1/2 weeks?
KVRist

69 posts since 4 Jan, 2010

Postby gwok; Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:11 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

can anyone say if bitwig supports altered grid subdivisions for midi and audio? like 7tuplets, 5tuplets etc

cheers
KVRian

1160 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:18 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

Seems like it according to this shot:
KVRAF

8473 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:56 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

hibidy wrote:What do we got here, about 6 1/2 weeks?

of waiting...

KVRist

Postby gwok; Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:05 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

cool good to know, thanks!

too bad it's limited to 3,5,7. hopefully they implement a way to choose a subdivision via text input. lest we forget the beauty of the 9,11 and 13, and all the other subdivisions

Ogopogo wrote:Seems like it according to this shot:
Last edited by gwok on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRian

1059 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:07 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

there is this custom grid mode, i gues you can do whatever you want with the grid..
KVRist

Postby gwok; Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:27 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

Suloo wrote:there is this custom grid mode, i gues you can do whatever you want with the grid..

well I could be wrong, but it looks like the custom grid is those choices below, not any sort of input dialogue. Hence my deduction that it's limited to 3,5,7
KVRian

1059 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:28 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

yea, you might be right there..
KVRist

148 posts since 27 Apr, 2002, from Canada

Postby toby; Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

Can somebody answer this:

Can I assign a vst parameter to a macro and then add "timbre" modulation to that macro therefore getting per note automation of vst parameters?

I hope they post a better resolution screen of the included generators / fx soon as the other ones are a bit hard to see the details.
KVRAF

Postby pdxindy; Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:00 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

gwok wrote:
Suloo wrote:there is this custom grid mode, i gues you can do whatever you want with the grid..

well I could be wrong, but it looks like the custom grid is those choices below, not any sort of input dialogue. Hence my deduction that it's limited to 3,5,7

That is my impression from the graphic also...
KVRAF

Postby pdxindy; Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:01 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

toby wrote:Can somebody answer this:

Can I assign a vst parameter to a macro and then add "timbre" modulation to that macro therefore getting per note automation of vst parameters?

No...
KVRAF

1843 posts since 9 Dec, 2008, from Berlin

Postby ThomasHelzle; Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:29 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

pdxindy wrote:
toby wrote:Can somebody answer this:

No...

To slightly elaborate this: you can't make a parameter that is monophonic polyphonic by just re-routing it somehow. ;-) The parameter has to be polyphonic in the VST in the first place.
And Macros are monophonic in that sense too.

Almost all parameters in VSTs and in Midi are still monophonic and change all playing notes. VST 3.5 changes that with Note Expression but there are no non-Steinberg VSTs that use it yet AFAIK.
The only polyphonic variable per note parameter Midi has is Polyphonic Aftertouch.
I hope we will be able in the future to route freely between timbre and PT, since several VSTs already support that even in VST 2.x

Cheers,

Tom
KVRian

1160 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:35 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

What about this stuff at the very beginning of the instruments clips video where they have velocity routed to filter cutoff so that it changes with each new note?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBU_IDrSgEE

Since he said "per note automation" it seems that is the kind of thing he is thinking of? I dunno.
KVRAF

1843 posts since 9 Dec, 2008, from Berlin

Postby ThomasHelzle; Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:44 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation T

Velocity is per note, but not a controller/automation type parameter. Like note on and off it's a one time single value.
You can use velocity in this way for ages in every synth and DAW worth it's name ;-)
Or did I miss the point of your question?

Cheers,

Tom
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)