The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

virtualmark wrote:
spaceman wrote:Would this host be useful if you're not into bleep blop tweeng twong doing-some-random-crap-here wobble wobble music?

By the looks of it, I would guess not.
Never go full retard...
and your reaction was better how? educate yourself...you dont know the people reading your posts :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

What do we got here, about 6 1/2 weeks?

can anyone say if bitwig supports altered grid subdivisions for midi and audio? like 7tuplets, 5tuplets etc

cheers

Seems like it according to this shot:

hibidy wrote:What do we got here, about 6 1/2 weeks?
of waiting...

cool good to know, thanks!

too bad it's limited to 3,5,7. hopefully they implement a way to choose a subdivision via text input. lest we forget the beauty of the 9,11 and 13, and all the other subdivisions

Ogopogo wrote:Seems like it according to this shot:
Last edited by gwok on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

there is this custom grid mode, i gues you can do whatever you want with the grid..

Suloo wrote:there is this custom grid mode, i gues you can do whatever you want with the grid..
well I could be wrong, but it looks like the custom grid is those choices below, not any sort of input dialogue. Hence my deduction that it's limited to 3,5,7

yea, you might be right there..

Can somebody answer this:

Can I assign a vst parameter to a macro and then add "timbre" modulation to that macro therefore getting per note automation of vst parameters?

I hope they post a better resolution screen of the included generators / fx soon as the other ones are a bit hard to see the details.

gwok wrote:
Suloo wrote:there is this custom grid mode, i gues you can do whatever you want with the grid..
well I could be wrong, but it looks like the custom grid is those choices below, not any sort of input dialogue. Hence my deduction that it's limited to 3,5,7
That is my impression from the graphic also...

toby wrote:Can somebody answer this:

Can I assign a vst parameter to a macro and then add "timbre" modulation to that macro therefore getting per note automation of vst parameters?
No...

pdxindy wrote:
toby wrote:Can somebody answer this:

No...
To slightly elaborate this: you can't make a parameter that is monophonic polyphonic by just re-routing it somehow. ;-) The parameter has to be polyphonic in the VST in the first place.
And Macros are monophonic in that sense too.

Almost all parameters in VSTs and in Midi are still monophonic and change all playing notes. VST 3.5 changes that with Note Expression but there are no non-Steinberg VSTs that use it yet AFAIK.
The only polyphonic variable per note parameter Midi has is Polyphonic Aftertouch.
I hope we will be able in the future to route freely between timbre and PT, since several VSTs already support that even in VST 2.x

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

What about this stuff at the very beginning of the instruments clips video where they have velocity routed to filter cutoff so that it changes with each new note?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBU_IDrSgEE

Since he said "per note automation" it seems that is the kind of thing he is thinking of? I dunno.

Velocity is per note, but not a controller/automation type parameter. Like note on and off it's a one time single value.
You can use velocity in this way for ages in every synth and DAW worth it's name ;-)
Or did I miss the point of your question?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”