KVR Forum Upgrade - Xmas 2013

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When editing the initial post in a thread, the Subject field seems to be reset to blanks instead of using the original Subject. Maybe this only occurs when editing a post created before the recent Forum upgrade.

Hello
Is it by design that we don't see the RSS feed like before ?
Now, if 4 replies have been posted on a topic, the RSS feed shows the 4 replies, instead of showing only single entry for each most recent topics.
I think it was way better before : I don't need to know how many replies did a thread got, i prefer to know which were the 15 most recents threads.
Will it stay like this ?

Also : is there an option anywhere to open a clicked link in a new window, like before ?

middle click/ctrl(or apple) click in the meantime

just joining in here... seems when i visit a different forum (i.e., going from 'instruments' to 'effects'...then BACK... i get an "Are you sure you want to send a Form again?" message (Safari, os x 10.9.1), and must click 'send' to proceed to that page.

never happened before the site redesign...

So is the upgrade considered complete or is there still work to do?

Gotta be honest, I've had almost no desire to browse the forums since the upgrade. I hate the color scheme and general look, there's so other way to put it. Sorry fellas. :( It's literally driven me away.

Err, the head of post says e.g. "by chk071;[...]". Now the username is written in white, which makes it virtuall impossible to read it. All the links in posts are in white now too, the links below the thread too, unreadable either. Is it just some temporary stuff while changing things?

Do a Ctrl+R / Ctrl+F5 to force your cache to refresh.

Ben,
Will the RSS feed still like that ?

Arglebargle wrote:Gotta be honest, I've had almost no desire to browse the forums since the upgrade. I hate the color scheme and general look, there's so other way to put it. Sorry fellas. :( It's literally driven me away.
Same here. :(
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Ben [KVR] wrote:Do a Ctrl+R / Ctrl+F5 to force your cache to refresh.
Everything back to normal now, thanks. :)

Hopefully this is temporary but the new color scheme has major issues.
The white text on light blue as used for Poster and web links links is unreadable.

I had previously used yellow text to mark things for emphasis in my posts and now that text is virtually unreadable as well.
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

Arglebargle wrote:Gotta be honest, I've had almost no desire to browse the forums since the upgrade. I hate the color scheme and general look, there's so other way to put it. Sorry fellas. :( It's literally driven me away.
Strangely enough, i get the same vibe. I haven't visited much since the make-over.
I also have George's old KVR dark blue userstyle installed but it's just not the same and many things are bad.
Those white and grey backgrounds with light blue characters are a pain to look at.
The big icons in front of every thread too.

TheSteven wrote:Hopefully this is temporary but the new color scheme has major issues.
The white text on light blue as used for Poster and web links links is unreadable.
Ben [KVR] wrote:Do a Ctrl+R / Ctrl+F5 to force your cache to refresh to fix the white link issue.
The dark theme will be coming soonish too.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Site Stuff”