Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

The demo video sounds really nice!
I just downloaded the demo a few days ago, so I guess I'll have to redownload it :)

Thanks!

Cheers
Dennis

Amazing update. Little tip, to drive the filters harder (especially the new ones), simply raise the volume of the oscillators. They do respond to input level :) Might be nice to have a dedicated oscillator drive level or similar so that you can drive the filter even harder than is currently possible. Absolutely LOVE this synth!!!! :)

What a surprise!
I was excepting a little update about the preset browser,
but this is HUGE!

Great sounding new filters, warm and soft modes, a lot of fun with the LFOs,
the level boost also very handy :tu: :clap:

Many things to discover again :love:

Hi,

Great to see a new update, and features for Spire. :)

Did they improve CPU efficiency in Spire v 1.0.10 ?

I still find Spire a bit of CPU hog. But I have not yet updated to v 1.0.10 . Hopefully its a bit less of a hog now. (Any feedback on this ?)

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Tried it again. Nice sound but still too cpu heavy for me. Will try again in the summer!

CPU usage is just right here.. and the sound is fantastic. Good job!! 8)

VitaminD wrote:CPU usage is just right here.. and the sound is fantastic. Good job!! 8)
+1.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Tried it again. Nice sound but still too cpu heavy for me. Will try again in the summer!

what is your processor type?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=402995
I've uploaded a small preset bank I was working on. Maybe I'll finish it if I get Spire again. I hope it works in the new version. Enjoy.
It';s an attachment on the first post.

Phase47 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:CPU usage is just right here.. and the sound is fantastic. Good job!! 8)
+1.
+2 :arrow: :tu: :phones:

ATS wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Tried it again. Nice sound but still too cpu heavy for me. Will try again in the summer!

what is your processor type?
it's an issue on os x, and/or logic. i have the problem too, but it's been better since the last spire update. (there are still some pads i can't use...) :(

but spire is great, and will use it as i can (and look forward to the summer update)..!

Surprisingly CPU usage is very high for this plugin. I can use all presets, but some are really not CPU friendly. But it's not as bad as Synthmaster which has a bunch of presets that I literally can't fire off more than one note without catastrophic CPU spiking. I never got why these plugins do this.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:Surprisingly CPU usage is very high for this plugin. I can use all presets, but some are really not CPU friendly. But it's not as bad as Synthmaster which has a bunch of presets that I literally can't fire off more than one note without catastrophic CPU spiking. I never got why these plugins do this.

.-.
just complex functions, to create complex sounds. requires more processing power...like comparing the needs of iMovie to final cut... but programmers can find ways to strip down code, reduce the app's needs. so....summer 2014, hopefully we'll be able to use more of spire (and i can play some of those 'deep' pads...)

Amen to that brother.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:Surprisingly CPU usage is very high for this plugin. I can use all presets, but some are really not CPU friendly. But it's not as bad as Synthmaster which has a bunch of presets that I literally can't fire off more than one note without catastrophic CPU spiking. I never got why these plugins do this.

.-.
Are you recording at 88.2khz or 96khz?? You've got a better CPU than me (i5 2500 here) and I've never got this with Synthmaster.. though I believe it will bog down if I play chord/string progressions on some of them.

In any case, fisherking is right.. the sound requires more complex math and thus more number crunching by the CPU. It sounds GOOD because it is doing more; the detail costs more to process. :)

I just hope the developers don't cave to the few still wanting more efficiency that they start to reduce the sound quality to appease... that is, if there is no more efficiency to squeeze out of the code.

Return to “Instruments”