What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

drum machine/music box automaton for Kontakt 4

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

3209 posts since 1 Aug, 2005, from where butter flies

Postby Zombie Queen; Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:33 pm drum machine/music box automaton for Kontakt 4

I made this nonsensical drum machine in Kontakt scripting. It can generate random or randomly evolving rhythmic patterns. It looks like this:

and sounds like this:
http://soundcloud.com/fairlyconfused/psychodrumma1

You need full version of Kontakt 4 to run this. Details and download here: http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... nking.html

If you like it, or hate it, or fish, leave a comment. Thank you.

...beta note.
Last edited by Zombie Queen on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
KVRist

385 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:40 pm Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... coming s

what a gem :)
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:50 pm Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... coming s

I'm was wondering, if this would be usable to anyone else but me...
KVRAF

2553 posts since 20 Sep, 2004, from Atlanta

Postby blortblort; Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:54 pm Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... coming s

I'm IN!!!
=]
boogie 'til ya puke! soundclicks | A LA KART
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:45 am Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... coming s

Alright, this Saturday then. Kontakt 4 and free. I guess I will have to write a manual... :scared:
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 pm Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... K4 and f

Here... and now.
KVRAF

2553 posts since 20 Sep, 2004, from Atlanta

Postby blortblort; Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:36 pm Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... K4 and f

:hyper: W000T!
I'll be taking this for a spin later this evening if the fates agree :D
thanks sooo much!!!
boogie 'til ya puke! soundclicks | A LA KART
KVRist

385 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:42 pm Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... K4 and f

really looks fun - downloading now and looking forward to a play sometime soon(ish - I'm over busy at the moment :( )
addled muppet weed

33872 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:52 am Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... coming s

Zombie Queen wrote:I'm was wondering, if this would be usable to anyone else but me...

i reckon i can make use of it :)
something special

7716 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from gone riding

Postby bluedad; Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:10 am Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... K4 and f

many thanks!
KVRAF

2367 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:34 am Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... K4 and f

KVRian

1155 posts since 28 Mar, 2002, from Salt Lake City, Utah - U.S.A.

Postby toine6; Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 am Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... K4 and f

Looks really good, going to have to try this.
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:25 am Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... K4 and f

Thanks! I don't know, if anyone has got deep enough into it, to consider this, but I'm pondering on a way to make the random procedure repeatable. Now, the machine picks some random numbers as it plays, so it's quite impossible to re-play an evolving/randomized sequence, unless you record the out-coming audio. I have this idea to generate a group of random numbers beforehand and then use them while playing, this way the random sequence will be perfectly re-playable. I'm trying to implement such feature now. Any thoughts on the idea?
KVRist

34 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Chicago

Postby snowman; Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:33 am Re: machine for blinking lights and making noise... K4 and f

Thanks for this...I think it's a great idea to be able to save a random sequence, and have it recalled later. Please implement this feature. :)
Thank you for everything.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries