What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Musical Gym
KVRAF

3427 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:04 pm Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

Any recommendations for trouble-free web browser to use for playing SoundCloud tunes?
I'm having problems with all the browsers I've tried using on my Windows 8.1 computer.
Shangsean
KVRist

446 posts since 8 May, 2012, from Shanghai

Postby Shangsean; Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:15 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

I have 8.1 and use Google Chrome without a hitch. Soundcloud songs are normally completely buffered before the first note plays.
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:19 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

I just tried firefox, chrome, safari, opera, and ie and they all say Sorry Something Went Wrong.

Is there some setting I'm missing?
UltimateOutsider
KVRist

352 posts since 4 Oct, 2009, from Portland, OR

Postby UltimateOutsider; Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:47 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

Then it's not the browser.

SoundCloud has had periods of very poor performance somewhat recently but I'm not seeing anything today. You could be having ISP issues, or perhaps have weird DNS settings that are throwing SoundCloud off. (I don't know how SC do their hosting, but some content networks, like Akamai serve up content geographically based on your DNS settings, and some common public DNS servers result in really poor performance for a lot of people.)

Until almost a year ago Firefox used to be terrible with SoundCloud; songs would stop playing or never buffer, and this was definitely a browser-specific issue. But for at least the past 9 months it's worked fine for me with all my devices and all my browsers.
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:58 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

Thanks much for replies.

I got it to work in Chrome. I had too many things blocked and basically unblocked all that I thought would potentially interfere. I must have done similar blocking in the other four browsers since they didn't work. I haven't tweaked those anymore. I'm happy I got one to work.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8330 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:12 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

While I get it to work with every browser, the old Soundcloud had a much better performance than the new one, at least with Opera (browser)... :(
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:30 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

Dude, I thought I was doing good with almost 3,000 posts in almost 10 years and you crossed the 6,000 mark in less than two years. Congratulations!!
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8330 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

Musical Gym wrote:Dude, I thought I was doing good with almost 3,000 posts in almost 10 years and you crossed the 6,000 mark in less than two years. Congratulations!!
Is there a competition? If I would earn $1 with every post, I'd post some 6,000 more... :P
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

yodle lay ee hooh, so would everyone else
osiris
KVRAF

7265 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:05 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

There's a big banner on mine that says they are having streaming problems, so I don't think it's your browser
Musical Gym
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:08 pm Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

osiris wrote:There's a big banner on mine that says they are having streaming problems, so I don't think it's your browser
I got Chrome to work (see above).
Thanks for info on banner. I would have thought it was on my end if I saw it.
Mike777
KVRist

342 posts since 8 Oct, 2005

Postby Mike777; Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:53 am Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

speaking of soundcloud, is there a way to sort the songs in a group by newest, most listened, etc? I can't find a way
MFXxx
KVRAF

1977 posts since 27 Mar, 2010, from UK

Postby MFXxx; Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:58 am Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

Personally Chrome is a nightmare.

Firefox works wonders.

Internet explorer works ok (not a fan).

Maybe something on your system streaming?
Rintrah roars & shakes his fires in the burdend air...
...nothing special just my noodles :
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

16543 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:01 am Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

I use firefox on my PC and the Soundcloud app on my smartphone. The app works great most times.
osiris
KVRAF

7265 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:10 am Re: Best Web Browser for SoundCloud?

I remember when there was all that Oracle ActiveX hoohaw and they were telling people to disable it until Oracle could update it, SC would absolutely not work in Chrome.
I hate Oracle (and Adobe)
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)