Turnado iPad Edition

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Can you please make it possible for this to be a remote controller for the plugin version (like the Alchemy app does for Alchemy proper)? That would be awesome.
I suh-suh-suh-second this!

audientronic wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Can you please make it possible for this to be a remote controller for the plugin version (like the Alchemy app does for Alchemy proper)? That would be awesome.
I suh-suh-suh-second this!
Not using my vst(i) all that much lately, but in the same idea, it would be neat to configure and play Turnado from another iPad. Would be nice to play a synth and tweak the fx at the same time.
Maybe this could be done by simply sending NRPN on a given channel using MIDI.

I realize this would be a bunch of extra work with all the parameters Turnado has, time to figure out how these in-app purchases work ;)

Thanks for the recent update that allows landscape mode! :D
Dave

I tried to copy the cc presets (Default.sbm) from one ipad to the other, which crashed it, could re-open but didn't get the new settings.
Any idea ?

I had to use ifunbox, with itunes you can only export a full directory, but you can add only files, leaving them in the root dir.

I wouldn't mind to see some better ways to exchange midi settings and presets between ipads, when you have a couple of them it's a real pain to set them up again, and now I fear that on each crash, Turnado will just erase all my hard work.

Help !!!

Edit:
It would be neat that the XY pads get updated as well, when receiving external Midi.

Nice app.

Stupid question:

How do I save user settings to create a new preset - either within an effect or for the whole effects rack?

Sorry, I'm just not finding save functionality. What am I missing?

It's at the top of the presets menu. For individual presets you need to enter edit mode.
Btw, I just had a crash trying to save a main preset, if you did intense work you may want to take a screen picture first.

Thank you. I had already sketched everything, but I knew there had to be a save somewhere. Hiding in plain sight apparently. ;)

Sugar Bytes:

On iPad 2 latest iOS non JB. If I make a preset, open the preset menu press user and then save the new preset into the user menu it will _always_ crash out to the iOS dashboard. It does save the preset though, but it always crashes and you can replicate it every time. Just a bug I thought you wanna know about (its been there in every version btw).
------------------------

Soundcloud:
https://www.soundcloud.com/chris1a-1

Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

chris1a wrote:Sugar Bytes:

On iPad 2 latest iOS non JB. If I make a preset, open the preset menu press user and then save the new preset into the user menu it will _always_ crash out to the iOS dashboard. It does save the preset though, but it always crashes and you can replicate it every time. Just a bug I thought you wanna know about (its been there in every version btw).
iOS 5.x? Not reproducible here on an iPad4 with iOS 6 (latest version). iPad2 shall be available next week.

best
Vincent

Nope, as I said iPad 2 latest iOS (6.1.3). Saving a new user preset always leads to a crash (it does save the preset tho). Tried deleting and reinstalling.

Anyone else on ipad 2 with ios 6 that can test out saving a new user preset?
------------------------

Soundcloud:
https://www.soundcloud.com/chris1a-1

Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

tremolounge wrote:
mozzatron wrote:Agreed...double/triple awesome
Another vote for remote capability -- hope you reconsider....
I couldn't agree more! Come on, SugarBytes, you can do it. Remote iPad control of Turnado VST/AU would be amazing!

hallo sugar!

yesterday i plugged my brand new stratospheric fireface ucx to my ipad, first of all i launched turnado... well, i still have to do some adjustments (i find it very annoying the fact that i can't turn off the "monitoring" of the clean signal thru the ipad, even if the "dry/wet" is totally turned "wet", how is this not possible?? it adds latency, noise, low quality and phase problems to my clean signal... no way to seriously gig with this routing, when i launch turnado... i just want to hear effects from it!! no signal routed thru the ipad can pretend to be clean)

but my today's concern is: first times i plugged ucx in my ipad, i could find in settings -> outputs listed the 18 outputs available in my ucx. but now turnado only shows out 1/2 ...nothing bout the other 16!

where did they go??

i did a hard reset, but no luck. is there anything i can do to see my 18 outputs listed? the 18 inputs are all listed and available.

thanks a lot!! i'm really amazed for this software being for ios platform. what a great decision! like the rme guys when decided to make fireface class compliant to work with ios, this is changing the way we make music. yeah

Return to “Sugar Bytes”