u-He Diva - FM Lead ?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hellos Guys I've tried to replicate an Albino FM Lead for HiTech psy sound with u-He Diva. I know they are both totally different synth but given Diva has an FM module, why not try to explore that possibility?

Here is a patch I made yesterday, the sound is not the same but it's has the idea, please users with more experience try it oeut and let me know what you think, develop it further. Why not trying to bring the best analog soft synth into the Hi Tech realm?? Everything is possible, is about dreaming it into existence. I know a low of people would say that Diva is not the synth for FM synthesis but the sound is too good, there should be a way to make it sound as a Virus TI or so. Please let's discuss this topic constructively.

Diva patch : https://db.tt/DxerQQCt

Let me know your thoughts! all the best!

Marcos

For FM and virus sounds, try zebra.

Kriminal wrote:For FM and virus sounds, try zebra.
Hey Kriminal, I've tried Zebra, I like it but the idea of this post is exploring Diva's capabilities of producing a proper FM lead like Albino, I just like its sound engine too much, its marvellous :pray:

Too bad, I couldn't get your patch to work. Loaded but parameters were at default. Dunno if I did something wrong.

spacecult wrote:Too bad, I couldn't get your patch to work. Loaded but parameters were at default. Dunno if I did something wrong.
Do you have Diva updated to version 1.3? Cheers

Just wondering what's the difference between HiTech psy and LoTech psy?

mdpianelli wrote:
spacecult wrote:Too bad, I couldn't get your patch to work. Loaded but parameters were at default. Dunno if I did something wrong.
Do you have Diva updated to version 1.3? Cheers
Yeah. Downloaded patch again, works fine. Dunno, I had some random problem, I guess.

FM kinda works via the lfos, too, for more linear/hz tuned modulation sound (whatever it's called). The lfos don't go amazingly fast, but pretty fast. Maybe rectify an lfo to get higher frequency modulations. Can do some bells and fm 'noise' bass/leads that way. Tends to still sound a bit analogish softer and a little grainy/glitchy compared to more proper fm for that type of stuff.

(tuning is wacky enough to make that technique maybe better for effects, though)

Return to “Production Techniques”