Audio Programming Environment 0.3 - x32/x64 on win + mac (vst/au)!

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Updated the topic to reflect the new release (see changelog and 'whats new').
I will begin to work on the mac osx version now. If anyone has knowledge about scintilla/scilexer on OSx, please contact me. Also, dev's confident in IPlug will be a help
mystran wrote:
Mayae wrote: This also opens up another world of possibilites. So long as you through a set of .bat commands can produce a .dll, APE can run it directly. This means you can write in delphi/pascal if you have a compiler for it, or c/c++/asm if you have GCC or visual studio on your computer.
Yeah, that sounds like a great setup actually, as it also means it's possible to do custom preprocessing as well (essentially, C++ templates are not my personal favorite code-generation framework). :)
Yeah, it works like a charm :)

Looking forward to saving the editor text easier somehow.
It's not that I'm lazy, but everytime must make absolutely sure to save the code.

Save As is giving a kernel32 error

Everytime? I've noticed problems with it as well (vstgui has a bug there).
Current version is using vstgui 4.0 and doesn't have that problem.

I will eventually solve the ctrl+s problem but actually it is a fundamental limitation of the windows API.

Oh and autosave is going to happen.

e: as well as project recall

Just gave this a try and it's crashin on compile in Live 9 and Usine Hollhock... Sounds like a GREAT idea though, looking forward to seeing what that leads to!

Keep this project going. This is a great idea.

Clearscreen wrote:Just gave this a try and it's crashin on compile in Live 9 and Usine Hollhock... Sounds like a GREAT idea though, looking forward to seeing what that leads to!
Like crashes the host? Try to enable logging in the config.cfg file and see what it outputs (it writes to /logs/)
Thanks btw!
arkmabat wrote:Keep this project going. This is a great idea.
Trust me, I'm working day and night on getting the crossplatform model working. As of right now, all major bugs has been fixed and a whole new model with proper mutexes is guarding the code, which should allow flawless threading. Also, it's nearly 100% rewritten to support juce - which means it should work on all known platforms x32/x64 bit.

Sorry, I only just saw your reply, I'll generate a log and let you know...

Hmmmm. I've put log_console = true; in config.cfg but the log.txt file is coming out empty.

This is what the console is saying...
I tried changing where APE was looking for the compiler and removing the "\" but that didn't work either. Not sure what else to try...

Clearscreen wrote:This is what the console is saying...
I tried changing where APE was looking for the compiler and removing the "\" but that didn't work either. Not sure what else to try...
Sorry, i completely missed your response - this is btw a bug (both the console logging and the missing dll), and it should be fixed in...

*Drumrolls please*

Audio Programming Environment version 0.3.0!

APE has now matured, and changed to JUCE. This transition is intended to make APE usable, not only as a tool, but as an audio plugin useful in creation of music. The most important changes as of this release are complete 32 and 64-bit support on both Mac OSX and windows as VST 2.4 and Audio Unit. Also, project recall, proper saving, autosave and working hotkeys makes it less of a pain to work with.

Please see the topic for changelog and download links for source and binaries.

Thank you.

seems to be an intersting tool.
wanted to give it a testrun
but i get an error with every example i try to compile...
ape_error.jpg
p. s.: i hardly have coding/programming skills.

cheers,
tl.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Do a search of your computer for that file.
If you don't have it, you may need to download the C library, which comes with every C compiler.

tl wrote:seems to be an intersting tool.
wanted to give it a testrun
but i get an error with every example i try to compile...

p. s.: i hardly have coding/programming skills.

cheers,
tl.
Hey tl
It's a fault on my part, the release got packed with an outdated config file.

Inside the audio programming environment folder, open up the config.cfg file in notepad and change the arguments line here:

Code: Select all

compiler:
		{
			name = "Tcc4Ape";
			path = "/compilers/tcc4ape/tcc4ape.dll";
			arguments = ""; 
			exports:
			{

}
		}
to this:

Code: Select all

compiler:
		{
			name = "Tcc4Ape";
			path = "/compilers/tcc4ape/tcc4ape.dll";
			arguments = "-D_USE_TCC_HEADERS";
			exports:
			{

}
		}
This will be fixed in a new release coming up today or tomorrow, along with another bug (crash on exit, in windows)
camsr wrote:Do a search of your computer for that file.
If you don't have it, you may need to download the C library, which comes with every C compiler.
It should be there, no need to download anything :) But because of TCCs inability to compile standard headers, the library included is located here:
#include <tcc/math.h>
So it doesn't automatically try to compile system headers.. However, other compilers may not like those headers so includes are guarded with defines specific to TCC (and i forgot to define those in the release, hence his problem :))

e: new version uploaded fixing this bug and another one (crash on exit)

I will put it through it's paces soon,trust me :D

Great! I'm going to give it a try!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”