GForce Oddity going for a silly price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did a search with my super strength googly string:

Oddity inurl:http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1+

And didn't come up with much.

Now I own Imposcar from them so got a heads up, but maybe others that don't won't have.

So, just putting it out there:

This is a very time limited offer:
http://www.gforcesoftware.com/gshop/pro ... ek-special

Where you can pick up Oddity for less than 50 quid.

I'm tempted. I'm open to suggestions why I should. And also reasons why I shouldn't.

Anyway, for the rest of you, this should be a no brainer if you have the cash.

:-)

Got this email as well and pondered it.

Oddity 2 imminent?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Got this email as well and pondered it.

Oddity 2 imminent?

No Idea.

Could be.

Still, that is an excellent price.

And I'm sure there would be an upgrade plan for early adopters, unless I am very wrong. It's how I got my Imposcar 2 at such a cheap price. I had to wait a year or two.

It was worth it though. If I wasn't so skint I would have just bought it, but you know, it was nice to get it full version, legally, eventually.

Sorry, you just lost an order.

I spent about 10 minutes jumping through the hoopsl

Happy, I had got to the end, you then want me to fill it all out again?

No can do.

This was an impulse buy. I don't really need it. Can't really afford it, but was going to jump for it anyway.

Just so you know. You have my details anyway for the Imposcar that I bought off you. It is not like I am unknown to you.

Really, with paypal, as much as i hate it, i can get an order through in five minutes. I spent 10 minutes with your system only to have to spend another 10 minutes.

I am not going to spend twenty f**king minutes to pay you money when you already have my details.

It was an impulse buy. But no deal. No offense.

I always have problems with these. Using linux. Using paranoid amounts of security.

I just spent over an hour trying to buy this.

But buy it I did.

That is two whole ******* hours to buy something that was supposed to be an impulse buy. Who am I trying to kid.

I got it eventually.

Had to boot out of Linux, did not like that at all your shop.

Wouldn't work in Firefox or Internet explorer either in win7. When I finally go my long lost forgotten password mailed back to me in chrome, it was all go. It was only another 20 minutes from there to actually installing the thing.

Well, well over two hours from deciding to buy to gettting it loaded on my system.

All bitching stops here however.

My god, what a beast. A beauty. A thing of wonder. This is fatter than, you know, things I can't call fat anymore. But it's smooth like butter. It is simply gorgeous.

Take all my bitching as a mark of a moron. Thanks for letting us have this for this silly price. I've spent three minutes with it and fell in love. It's insane you are giving this away for less than fifty quid!

Wow. Thanks. This is a truly wonderful piece of software.

Too many plugs I got.

Nice to have more

but

83 bucks is still a bit of dosh

Numanoid wrote:Too many plugs I got.

Nice to have more

but

When you say 'bucks' I am assuming you are talking literally and mean 'dollars'.
I would agree with you.

I've gone that much further into debt to pay for this.
It's ok. It's not a problem. Yet. Sniff. ;-)

I have way too many plugs. But 49 quid seemed a good deal.

I really like this company. I respect their coding as second to none being an owner of Imposcar2.

I'll eat, I'll survive. I might even be able to play the martyr and say it was a bit of a sacrifice, which it was, to the big hairy vst coding gods. I guess they like to eat sometimes too, and they have bills to pay. I still have debts to pay to other people, but it's all in balance. I can't do too much more of this though. I really am at the end of the line with it all.

But my money went to a good home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this synth. But yeah, things are getting tighter and I am probably not the only one at the end with it all.

Anyway. Just a little openess and honesty on the subject of finances. I feel like I got a good bargain and will cherish my new toy. But don't feel too bad if you couldn't afford it - it's just a thing that makes sounds, and there are lots of things that do that.

If you'd like some more Oddity patches, I have two free banks here:

https://www.audiobombs.com/items/283/mr ... dity-banks

Mr Arkadin wrote:If you'd like some more Oddity patches, I have two free banks here:

https://www.audiobombs.com/items/283/mr ... dity-banks
Thanks a lot.

I saw your Imposcar banks too.

Unfortunately I could find no way to down load them in windows 7.

I spent about 10 minutes trying to do this and gave up.

Maybe I willl give it a go in Linux later.

Numanoid wrote:Too many plugs I got.

Nice to have more

but

There's no VAT if you are outside the EU. So It's about 69 bucks. Still. This one seems a bit dusty. I was underwhelmed by the demo presets. I know it's a fave, but I have so many of these things that if I can't press the keys and say "Wow", I tend to pass. Even if I say "Wow" I tend to pass. Wow.

companies are so predictable. its not a silly price, its a price a company sets for a product that isn't selling anymore. who even uses the oddity anymore? not to many i assure you. companies love to put there products on heavy sale and then tell everybody, jump! look at this great deal were offering! the reality is companies never put there there best selling products on any kind of real sale. the exception, 'anniversary' sales. often times those are where a company will offer its flagship for a great price.

nobody wants the stupid oddity we want imposcar2. ive been wanting that synth since it came out but it never goes on sale ever. and with the euro price is just to expensive. so unless there offering what people really want. who cares.

I don't know, I'd like an Oddity. But the price is not yet at silly level, according to my standards.

Zombie Queen wrote:I don't know, I'd like an Oddity. But the price is not yet at silly level, according to my standards.
Oddity definitely gets pretty good respect around here. However, it's not really my cup of tea, but a number of folks really like it.

AstralExistence wrote:nobody wants the stupid oddity we want imposcar2. ive been wanting that synth since it came out but it never goes on sale ever. and with the euro price is just to expensive. so unless there offering what people really want. who cares.
Funny that you say that... I agree about imposcar2, I've been waiting for a good buy on it. Although I don't need it. :)

So, after seeing this thread yesterday I went and bought oddity. First impressions is that it is tired, and the GUI is too small for a high resolution screen. This is only after a brief test, but I wish I had bought the VSM expansion pack instead. Totally my fault for not trying the demo. I'm afraid it will be about as useful to me as IK samplemoog.

I've played with the Oddity before and it's pretty good for a virtual instrument that came out 12 years ago. However in terms of analog synthesis emulation it is outdone by stuff like Diva, synthsquad, Monark etc.
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”