Dynamic Frequency Responder?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Came across this video and thought it was very interesting and something I was trying to do in some of my mixes. Is this released yet or something similar to this?

http://vimeo.com/kennedymotif/dfr

Here is small excerpt from video and tells a little what it does

With the Dynamic Frequency Responder in our Arsenal of Audio Apparatuses, we have the ability to interpret the frequencies of an incoming signal, in real-time, and then determine what we do with that information. In our case here, the DFR is reading the frequencies of our lead, and then attenuating or reducing those same exact frequencies in the music bed. The result is a series of dynamic valleys being created in real-time based purely off the lead instrument.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Great idea...can someone contact him?

Maybe I don`t fully understand what`s happening in that video but couldn that be done with TB FlX using its sidechain? http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-flx/
External sidechain

FlX comes as a set of two plugins. The first, FlX, has stereo inputs and outputs. The second, FlX4, has four inputs to allow for external side chain inputs. The external side chain allows an EQ curve to be controlled by another track. For example, in this way certain frequencies in one track can be automatically attenuated or amplified when another track becomes active. This can help in bringing forward certain elements of a mix, or can be used as an artistic effect.

There is also Wavesfactory TrackSpacer: http://www.wavesfactory.com/trackspacer.php

I think the Melda MAutoDynamicEQ can also be set up to either match a sidechain signal's frequency curve or use it to notch out the peaks in the sidechain.

Okay, great misconception going on here.
Lowering competing frequencies does not increase headroom.
The frequencies present are almost always uncorrelated, which makes them sum to max irregardless of phase.
But the technique should improve clarity and dynamic.

All the melda plugins have pitch detection as a modulator option so you can map it to any parameter.

I don't understand the above post stating lowering the volume of frequencies doesn't increase headroom. Surely removing energy gives more room for others.
Or I misunderstand the definition of headroom?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

There's a slightly less automatic version of this in the free "5orcery" plugin. It's a multiband compressor/dynamic EQ with external side chain, meaning that if you set the frequencies you'd like to cut and side chain it to (in this case) the lead, you can achieve a similar effect. For instance, cutting the mids from a distorted guitar based on the input of a vocal could make both parts clearer.

just another SpaceBoy clone? :shrug:

The idea sounds really good. However I tried TrackSpacer and I didn't like it. As long as you keep it subtle, there is barely any benefit noticeable. And when you dial it in stronger, it doesn't sound good. I prefer other ways to achieve dynamics and clarity. Golden rule: fix it in the mix :)

kvaca wrote:just another SpaceBoy clone? :shrug:
Thanks for reminding me of this one.
I've got so many damn plugins I forget what I've bought over the years!!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

MAutoDynamiqueEQ but not in realtime

That's too bad, I was hoping this thing was already released and someone could share a link. I will try out the other links in this thread as well. Also I read that vocoding can also acheive a similar effect if done properly.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Any news for this plugin or something simlar come out?

TTU Youtube

Return to “Effects”