What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Ascendant // New Land

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

User avatar
KVRian
 
806 posts since 21 Aug, 2011
    

Postby Phase47; Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:24 am Ascendant // New Land

Hey Guys -

Ascendant's EP is out today - New Land. Stream it here, and let us know what you think.

http://ambientascendant.bandcamp.com/album/new-land

Thanks!
KVRian
 
1431 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:04 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

Very Nice, right up my alley!
Good sound, good tunes, good vibe. :)
Thanks for sharing and best of luck to both of you.
User avatar
KVRian
 
806 posts since 21 Aug, 2011
    

Postby Phase47; Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:07 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

Thanks PatchAdamz! Here's a different link for the more SoundCloud inclined:

https://soundcloud.com/ambientascendant ... t-of-water
User avatar
KVRian
 
806 posts since 21 Aug, 2011
    

Postby Phase47; Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

Many humble thanks to everybody who pre-ordered and purchased New Land. We're presently up to #7 on the Bandcamp Discover chart for Ambient!
KVRian
 
549 posts since 29 Jun, 2012
 

Postby ontol; Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:41 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

great work!

congrats on the success!
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2532 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York
  

Postby Frantz; Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

Minimal, soothing, hypnotic. Good work. :tu:
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
User avatar
KVRian
 
806 posts since 21 Aug, 2011
    

Postby Phase47; Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:20 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

Thanks guys, for the positive comments.
User avatar
KVRian
 
806 posts since 21 Aug, 2011
    

Postby Phase47; Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05 am Re: Ascendant // New Land

We've somehow made it up to #2 on the Ambient Discover chart for Ambient digital sales, so again, my thanks to all who may have purchased or helped to spread the word - seriously my most humble gratitude for continuing to support independent electronic music.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
6531 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK
  

Postby seismic1; Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:32 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

Congratulations on this release, guys. I still haven't listened to the entire EP, although I have heard the first 3 tracks now. I think my favourite so far is Summoning the Element of Water. I love all of the component sounds on here, and they add up to a fine immersive listening experience. Great mix too.

Good work :)
User avatar
KVRAF
 
4896 posts since 28 Mar, 2003, from Location: Location
 

Postby annode; Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:19 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

Phase47 wrote:We've somehow made it up to #2 on the Ambient Discover chart for Ambient digital sales, so again, my thanks to all who may have purchased or helped to spread the word - seriously my most humble gratitude for continuing to support independent electronic music.


Page 12 @ bandcamp at this moment.
Nice, but simplistic atmospheric soundscaping. Twenty six minutes total time? I know $5.00 is not a lot, but it is for 26mins of simple imo. Hell, each 'free' cut of mine is at least 25mins. :shrug:


Guess you haven`t had too much time between the two of you for this project? Well, whatever you earn on it...Godspeed. :)
"It`s difficult to work in a group when you`re omnipotent." Q
My SoundCloud
User avatar
KVRist
 
389 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Postby ecamburn; Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:57 am Re: Ascendant // New Land

Listened to summoning the element of water. Really peaceful chilled out stuff. I really like dynamic of really slow dynamic builds and fades coming in waves. Nice stuff.
User avatar
KVRian
 
806 posts since 21 Aug, 2011
    

Postby Phase47; Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:16 am Re: Ascendant // New Land

Thanks guys, for the comments! :)
User avatar
KVRian
 
806 posts since 21 Aug, 2011
    

Postby Phase47; Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:19 am Re: Ascendant // New Land

annode wrote:I know $5.00 is not a lot, but it is for 26mins of simple imo.


If you think that is overpriced... You'll really hate this - 1 track for $7!

https://phase47.bandcamp.com/album/mercury
User avatar
KVRAF
 
4896 posts since 28 Mar, 2003, from Location: Location
 

Postby annode; Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:10 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

Phase47 wrote:
annode wrote:I know $5.00 is not a lot, but it is for 26mins of simple imo.


If you think that is overpriced... You'll really hate this - 1 track for $7!

https://phase47.bandcamp.com/album/mercury


I have no problem with $7.00 for a 51:44min production.
EDIT - although, it seems clear you 'stretched' something a few minutes long out to 51:44mins long. I wouldn`t charge for that, but that doesn`t mean you shouldn`t. Knowing this I still listened to the whole track and enjoyed it. :) :shrug:
"It`s difficult to work in a group when you`re omnipotent." Q
My SoundCloud
User avatar
KVRian
 
806 posts since 21 Aug, 2011
    

Postby Phase47; Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:22 pm Re: Ascendant // New Land

annode wrote:
Phase47 wrote:
annode wrote:I know $5.00 is not a lot, but it is for 26mins of simple imo.


If you think that is overpriced... You'll really hate this - 1 track for $7!

https://phase47.bandcamp.com/album/mercury


I have no problem with $7.00 for a 51:44min production.
EDIT - although, it seems clear you 'stretched' something a few minutes long out to 51:44mins long. I wouldn`t charge for that, but that doesn`t mean you shouldn`t. Knowing this I still listened to the whole track and enjoyed it. :) :shrug:


Re: Mercury. It wasn't a small piece that was time-stretched -- rather, it was composed, like any piece of music. Stretching isn't my thing. I'm glad you liked it.
Last edited by Phase47 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe