VST3 not working in JUCE-based hosts

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

Had some reports about your plugins not showing their GUIs in Tracktion and other JUCE-based hosts. Having tried to debug this, I can't really see any mistakes in our code, and think you'll need to take a look from your end to see what's going on.

The problem only seems to be for VST3 on OSX. I've not tried Windows, and the AU versions work fine. It seems to be the same in all your plugins.

From the host side I can see that we're calling IPlugView::attached(), and the parameters it provides are definitely valid.. It's gives you an NSView to use, but your plugin just returns kResultFalse, and doesn't create any subviews. The type argument is being correctly passed as kPlatformTypeNSView, and since your plugins return true for isPlatformTypeSupported (kPlatformTypeNSView), I'd expect that to work.

Assuming that you must have tried this in some other hosts, then I guess there's probably something simple that your code isn't happy about, but it's impossible for us to guess what that might be from the host side, I'm afraid.

It's easy for you to test/debug the whole thing yourself with the juce demo host, or just run it in Tracktion - let me know if you need any other information.

Hi Jules,

please let me know via email, this isn't really a good place to work. Anyway the new major update will have quite better kernel and there have been changes in VST3, so maybe it will work. After all if I'm not mistaken I have actually been talking to someone implementing VST3 for Juce, and I suppose we solved that somehow.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks! There's really nothing else for me to tell you.. just wanted to give you a heads-up about it.

If you're working on the problem, that's good - we can tell our users that you're planning to release a fix for it at some point.

I checked and the new version seems to be working fine ;).

(though it took me quite a while to find out how on earth to insert a plugin in that thing :D, very specific approach really :D )
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Good stuff, thanks!

Jules is support for VST3 presets going to be added at some point as I can't load presets for plugins that rely on the host to handle it?

aMUSEd wrote:Jules is support for VST3 presets going to be added at some point as I can't load presets for plugins that rely on the host to handle it?
Yeah, we know about that - will do it when we get chance.

Cool thanks - what would be great would be having plugin presets load from the browser

No a good topic for this though :D. Anyway we have our own preset system anyway ;).
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”