In the Grip of Ice (piano+orhestra)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Winter bares its icicle fangs! Last week Slovenia was struck with nothing less than a time warp to the Ice Age - with just the right fatal combination of heavy snow and close to zero temperatures, everything and I mean everything got covered with thick ice. Some towns were literally frozen solid and cut away from all civilization, with power line pylons collapsed many houses still don't have electricity as I write this. (we in the bigger cities are lucky and, let's admint, spoiled - no serious trouble). Half of the trees seem to be damaged everywhere you look, and this impression was the inspiration for the latest piano song, a contribution to the PianoCloud Winter Landscapes challenge.

Featuring TruePianos, Garritan Personal Orchestra and Miroslav Philharmonik.

Direct download:

In the Grip of Ice

SoundCloud link:
https://soundcloud.com/aziraphal/in-the-grip-of-ice

Cheers Matt
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

In a word "Evocative".

Oh, err, that was 4 words :P
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Heh. I can totally relate. I live in a northern location, but this winter has been much colder and snowier than we've had in a long time. Since Dec, high temps have rarely risen above 20 degrees farenheit.

The song was quite dramatic and definitely gave off a cold, icy vibe. I enjoyed the piano performance. Nice work.

Many thanks Folderol and Ecamburn :)

Cheers Matt

Well in London it's a wind and rain fest! I think I will have to make a tune that reflects that. But your work here is excellent. Very emotive. Will there be a video to go along with it?

Great playing ! nice touch, I mean.
This is a very original (and therefore interesting) composition
I enjoyed it

Cheers

Thank you Johnny and Laguna :)

I'd make a montage of pics to go with it, but none of my photography-inclined friends dared to enter the woods. Sensible thing, as they warned on the radio every day that going there could be life threatening. Pretty scary thing to hear

Cheers Matt

Return to “Music Cafe”