DPMP MIDI out to FL Studio

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!
Im (finally) testing out DPMP in FL Studio.
I want to send the midi out to various other plugin parameters in FL.
I was pretty sure I could figure it out... :oops:

Im assuming that it will work without an external midi channel being used. Maybe Im wrong there.
Are there any tricks to it you guys are aware of?
Thanks!!
ImageImageImageImage

Have you checked this video tutorial already (you may want to use the presets settings instead of the global settings though)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOcVMogzyX4

I did watch a few of your tutorials. They are great.
That one has some of the same set up for DPMP, but I dont think what is shown there is the part I dont get.

I can connect them through those Port settings in the FL wrapper, and the are connected, but I cant get it to connect to a specific control on the target.
I can go to the 'link to controller' in FL, and specify midi channel/control, but it doesnt catch.
ImageImageImageImage

I guess this depends on your target. Is it a Blue Cat Audio Plug-in you want to control, or is it a third party plug-in? If it is a third party plug-in and it does not support MIDI control, you can still wrap it into the Blue Cat's PatchWork plug-in and map its parameters to let them be controlled via MIDI. But that's maybe overkill for what you are trying to do...

Its not a BC plugin that I want to control, but Ive tried various and Im pretty sure they accept control.
Im back at the DAW now and Im gonna start kicking it around again.
ImageImageImageImage

Well it works great with things that have midi-learn, but Im lost with everything else.
I think theres something Im missing about the set up on the FL side.
Ive posted on the Image-Line forums for some tips as well.
Thanks.
ImageImageImageImage

I am not sure how FL handles parameter changes from VSTs, so maybe you have no choice but use MIDI and wrap plug-ins that do not support it.

Well thats ok. So far no one over at the IL forums knows either. :lol:

I mean, it works. With MIDI-learn in the plugin, it works as easy as ever.
But without the MIDI-learn it wont connect.

I will report back if I learn anything.
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks for the heads up. We''ll try to investigate further when we have time, but feel free to post here if you find a good way to do it differently :-)

Nucleon is a magic man :love: :love:
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 34#p887634

Dunno if anyone can see the download, but I think anyone can make an account.
Its a bit of Flowstone to convert a midi cc to an FL internal controller.
If you cant get at it I can upload it somewhere for ya if you want.

DPMP wont work in FL without that.
But with it, its supremely simple.
I think that with that, DPMP is going to be a big thing at my house. Thanks. :tu:
Now, to kick it around!
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks for the heads up!

By the way, had you tried to enable automation too for the parameters you wanted to use as controls?

Oh I think I just figured out what you meant;

It seems that DPMP continuously spits out parameter changes from 'Transformed2', even when nothing is playing. FL has an automation creation function that is sort of a shortcut, and assigns based on the 'last parameter tweaked'.
When attempting to assign automation to anything on DPMP, FL always thinks that the last thing tweaked was Transformed2.
FL's vst wrapper has a control to turn the parameter change reporting on or off.
So it can be turned off, but then FL does not get any of the parameter changes, and 'last tweaked' never shows anything.

Buuut, FL shows all VST/i parameters in its browser, so any automation assignments to DPMP can be done easily from there. :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”