Padshop Pro for £32 - Worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Without Halion though looks like the edibility is very limited - more of a rompler really
Halion costs over 10 times as much as Dark Planet (at this sales price), I guess there is a reason for that ;)

i tested dark planet last year and must admit it sounds great and for that price it's a bargain!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Numanoid wrote:
zArt wrote:Hi guys,
I installed Padshop trial but i can't get Sonar X3 and Reaper to 'see' it, it's installed in the right vst directory i checked.
SofteLicenser was installed but since i don't have to activate a trial version this is not the issue right?

I would like to jump on this deal like you guys but if i can't even use it well...

Any thoughts?
Which version of the plug did you install, 32 or 64 bit?
I installed 64bit version on a Win 7 64bit, Sonar X3 Producer 64bit, should i try 32bit Padshop?

Thanks.

If it's the same installer as Retrologue, then it didn't ask you for your VST folder location right? It installs to the path which is specified as the default VST plugin path in the registry. You can check what is the default location by opening the registry, and checking what the value of the following key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath. You need to add that folder to your plugin folders in Sonar then.

chk071 wrote:If it's the same installer as Retrologue, then it didn't ask you for your VST folder location right? It installs to the path which is specified as the default VST plugin path in the registry. You can check what is the default location by opening the registry, and checking what the value of the following key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath. You need to add that folder to your plugin folders in Sonar then.

Alternately, track down where the .dll has been installed and you should be able to move it, and everything else in the padshop folder, into your regular vst folder. That's probably better for hosts which don't allow multiple vst folder paths.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Alternately, track down where the .dll has been installed and you should be able to move it,
Yes, that will work fine.

Thanks guys for the help but the .dll is installed into the right folder, Vstplugins folder inside Sonar.
I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

zArt wrote:Thanks guys for the help but the .dll is installed into the right folder, Vstplugins folder inside Sonar.
I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling again.
Re-scan the VST plugins, then close Sonar and start it again. Mostly you have disabled the background scanning (I did too). It will appear under the VST3 folder.

Oh, you might have a problem browsing the presets in Sonar (not a problem in Live). So, the workaround for that is opening Windows Explorer and drag and drop the presets from this location:C:\ProgramData\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\Padshop into the main screen of Padshop (the wave view).

[Edit]
The above red font applys when using the VST3 version of the plugin, but with VST2 there is no problem browsing the presets as they'll show in the bottom of the plugin.

To enable the VST2 version in Sonar, go to Preferences/VST Settings and uncheck the options of VST3 Migration. Scan if you didn't already done that.
Last edited by EnGee on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Without Halion though looks like the edibility is very limited - more of a rompler really
Halion costs over 10 times as much as Dark Planet (at this sales price), I guess there is a reason for that ;)
If I get this with Halionsonic would I be able to edit it more fully? HS is on sale too - very tempted as I have Hypersonic 2 already, if it's anything like that it would be cool

aMUSEd wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
If I get this with Halionsonic would I be able to edit it more fully? HS is on sale too - very tempted as I have Hypersonic 2 already, if it's anything like that it would be cool
It sounds like it. I watched a review on youtube and dude opened an instrument panel for Dark Planet inside of HALion and there were a dozen or so knobs there for tweeking the presets. I don't know for sure that you can't tweek stuff if you use it outside of HALion but someone else mentioned that it wasn't as customizable that way.

The price is too good. Just bought it myself.

Edit: After opening the sounds of Dark Planet in HALion Sonic and as a standalone, at least at first glance, I see no difference between the two. It looks like the standalone has the same functionality as best as I can tell.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacqueslacouth wrote:I wasn't buying anything for a while, but I already have Padshop which I absolutely love…Damn, too good to pass up on this, Triebwerk, Dark Planet, Hypnotic Dance, HalionSonic 2, and Zero Gravity for Padshop…Total price $180 AU….that's a fair buy in my estimation.
Absolutely a great buy!

Dark Planet is pretty tempting at this price.

k, here me out, i know i was all on a big steiny rant and when it comes to cubase i so still am as its buggy as hell. (who knows maybe my new pc will prove otherwise) but, and there is a but, ive always wanted a big 'do it all' need nothing else, vsti reason like solution for a daw. and that was for the longest time since i tried hypersonic 2 back in the day but of course, the price of admission was very high. ive had the halion sonic 1.5 dvd forever never even dared opened the dvd slot as again, halion sonic is close to 300 usd. i finally decided to act, and buy halion sonic.

when i first loaded it and played some sound that was cool and all but once i delved deeper into it. really, this shit is awesome. no words really. its like having reason in your synth rack or a big yamaha motif. i remember when i bought m1, man that thing put out some beautiful layered sounds but the synth itself was pretty archaic and so i sold it. halion sonic 1.5 is amazing everything is editable! its very complex but very easy to understand. i cant wait to load up halion sonic 2 that thing is a frigging beast from what ive seen from the steinberg videos.

look at this beauty http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/vs ... nic_2.html this is seriously the only vsti you need it even does granular synthesis. i don't think its possible to exhaust all the possibilities of sonic 2 in a lifetime. its 250 usd new so for steinberg to offer it up for a peasley 100 usd is really really generous. i say jump while you still can, because there really aren't a lot of sounds you CANT make with with it. this is one synth that i wont ever sell.

you need a steinberg dongle to use it though.

another thing to note, the vsti plugin works in all hosts. im using it in studio one and studio one recognizes it immediately even though you cant chose where to install it as it only installs in steinberg vst folder that it creates. as far as i know anybody can use it as its not actually locked to cubase as we all thought.

Return to “Instruments”