Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

PhaseMistress - set start phase?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

4 posts since 11 Feb, 2014

Postby some1; Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:06 am PhaseMistress - set start phase?

I have a question about Soundtoys PhaseMistress. I don't know if this is the right term, but does anyone know if it's possible to set the "start phase" ? Let's say if I have PhaseMistress set up to sync with the tempo, but the phase effect sounds off, because it starts at the wrong position. In a couple of other phasers I've tried - like MeldaProduction MPhaser for example - there's usually an option for setting the start phase in a 0-360 degrees range. Does PhaseMistress not have this? I've gone through the manual, and unless I'm misunderstanding something it's not described there....

5120 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Postby Shy; Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:36 pm Re: PhaseMistress - set start phase?

It doesn't have that option.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi
447 posts since 7 Mar, 2009, from MerseySide/Stockholm

Postby TIMT; Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:57 am Re: PhaseMistress - set start phase?

swerve phasers and just automate a couple of allpass filters.i got kind of annoyed with all the random phase lfos being implemented in phaser plugins.it´s cool sometimes having some unwieldy phasing but most of the time i´d prefer the control which most phasers don´t provide and if they say they retrigger it´s unlikely they don´t,atleast most of the ones i have tried don´t atleast

Get kilohearts disperser and be done with it :D

If your insistent on using phasemistress you´re going to have to render it out till you strike lucky and get a sequence that is in phase with your other elements

It's all about the chef not about the kitchen

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects