What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

JDPB
KVRer

6 posts since 23 Jul, 2011

Postby JDPB; Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:40 pm Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

Numanoid wrote:But where is the sale?

Can somebody post the link to the activation code on sale.

To get the deal you have to download the trial of whatever synth you want, then unlock the trial using the valentines promo code to get the 50% off.
billcarroll
KVRian

1155 posts since 9 Dec, 2011

Postby billcarroll; Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:44 pm Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

Retrologue is actually a great synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKh5FJoLCys
SODDI
KVRAF

2552 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:46 pm Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

Teksonik wrote:
SODDI wrote:Monark is far superior to Retrologue. I own them both. Monark has a far stronger sound, better filters, better articulation.

Monark is also Monophonic whereas Retrologue is Polyphonic.......

I don't know... maybe there's some obscure reason for that. :dog:
manandmusic
KVRist

92 posts since 21 Nov, 2008

Postby manandmusic; Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:10 pm Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

SODDI wrote:Monark is far superior to Retrologue. I own them both. Monark has a far stronger sound, better filters, better articulation.

The opener did not ask, if Monark is better than Retrologue! The question is: "On sale now, worth getting?"
Teksonik
KVRAF

8643 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:26 pm Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

SODDI wrote:
Teksonik wrote:

Monark is also Monophonic whereas Retrologue is Polyphonic.......

I don't know... maybe there's some obscure reason for that. :dog:

You can pound your head all you want but nobody asked for your opinion of Monark....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Muziksculp
KVRian

870 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Postby Muziksculp; Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:29 pm Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

Retrologue is one of the most underrated VST synths.

It is one of my favorite VST synths.

I highly recommend it, especially at the special low price :tu:

Cheers,
Muziksculp
db3
KVRist

179 posts since 22 Aug, 2012, from UK

Postby db3; Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:34 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

Muziksculp wrote:Retrologue is one of the most underrated VST synths.
I highly recommend it, especially at the special low price :tu:

Absolutely...just a pity it's not got the super special 50% off price...otherwise it would be a no brainer :)
Armadillosound
KVRian

709 posts since 28 Aug, 2013

Postby Armadillosound; Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:46 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

Retrologue is definitely underrated.
The Vintage Classics soundset for Retrologue is nice too.
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/sounds_loops/vst_sound_instrument_sets/vintage_classics.html
PatchAdamz
KVRAF

1550 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:10 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

Great price for a nice sounding synth.
4damind
KVRAF

3447 posts since 17 Aug, 2004, from Berlin, Germany

Postby 4damind; Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:30 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

It's a very good VA with a great sound and great features. I use Retrologue very often and it replaced for me some other VA synth. Retrologue supports VST3 Note Expression, so with a host supporting this feature you can do very interesting things (per note automation).

I made a video for this some times ago...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGhAaxk ... e=youtu.be
Frank Arnold Musician & IT Freelancer

Visit me on:
Facebook | Soundcloud | 4damind.com
Numanoid
KVRAF

8009 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:42 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

JDPB wrote:
Numanoid wrote:But where is the sale?

Can somebody post the link to the activation code on sale.

To get the deal you have to download the trial of whatever synth you want, then unlock the trial using the valentines promo code to get the 50% off.

Where do you see it?

I got to this page, and click on buy Retrologue licence: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/tr ... _days.html

I am then forwarded to this page, but I can't see an option to buy Retrologue licence there?:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/access ... rials.html

Can somebody please post the direct link to that?
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:37 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

chk071 wrote:
db3 wrote:So I downloaded the Halion Sonic 2 trial only to find you need the USB eLicencer to run it. :x

Hm, it has been written probably a dozen times now or so but again. :D You don't need the USB-eLicenser. You need to install the eLicenser software though.

Sorry, I'm not getting it to work?

I install Halion Sonic 2, rescan my plugin folder, it finds Halion Sonic 2 there.

When I try to load it, I get this error message:

"No Valid licence detected for HALion Sonic. Please connect your eLicenser and click 'Retry'"

I have updated (maintenance) the eLicencer a couple of times, but that doesn't change anything.

:help:
chk071
KVRAF

2835 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:46 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

I corrected myself 2 posts after, because it indeed does need a USB-eLicenser. Sorry for the confusion
BasariStudios
KVRist

354 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from New York

Postby BasariStudios; Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:47 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

I don't know, i love Retrologue, here is a link to a comparison i did yesterday:

https://soundcloud.com/basaristudios/se ... oft-synths

It is a great synth and has character of his own, i would compare it to Monark.
http://www.basaristudios.com
Definition of a Musician:
A man who puts 5000$ worth of Music Equipment into a 500$ Car and then drives 100 Miles to play music for 100$.
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 am Re: Steinberg Retrologue - Worth getting?

chk071 wrote:I corrected myself 2 posts after, because it indeed does need a USB-eLicenser. Sorry for the confusion

Maybe you could edit that post, and just delete it?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments