What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Kirk Hunter Group Buy: NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

399 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:24 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

gerryp650 wrote:Purchased Concert Strings 2 a week ago and all I can say is, wow! Even without the discount I would be happy.

:-D
KVRAF

3141 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:42 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

gerryp650 wrote:Purchased Concert Strings 2 a week ago and all I can say is, wow! Even without the discount I would be happy.
That's good to know. How easy are they to use? Do you find that they can be used in a wide variety of styles, or are they more suited to a particular style?
I plan to get Spotlight and CS2, but I'm wondering if CS2 is more than I really need and whether Spotlight might be able to cover most of what CS2 can.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:06 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

Just 12 more sign-ups needed to get to 40% off the already low new retail prices.

Solo Strings will be less than $50 at that point and are still a best seller.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:07 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

+1 for reaching my 3 thousandth post. This one's for a worthy cause.
KVRer

19 posts since 25 Oct, 2013, from France

Postby Vardaro; Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

Apart from the GB, can one still buy CC2, Quarter Division only, for 150 dollars?
This is the sound I need for many classical demos, (Vivaldi etc.) and using Spotlight to "construct" chamber strings, will be too much for my computer. (The "ripieno" is too big and creamy..)
I still want spotlight, though..
KVRer

19 posts since 25 Oct, 2013, from France

Postby Vardaro; Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:27 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

...or would Pop-Rock Strings (now at 116 dollars!) give me a "classical" sound?
KVRist

140 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:09 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

Is my iMac 2009 3 GHz 8 gb ram computer powerful enough for

(1) Spotlight?
(2) Pop/Rock Strings?

And, which of the two is less taxing on the cpu?
KVRist

291 posts since 13 Aug, 2012, from Location: Location: Location: Location

Postby TheKid; Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:45 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

Looks like stuck at 35%. I had high hopes that this group buy would make it to 300+ participants. :(
KVRian

1278 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:13 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

we still got a few days, and i'm sure it's more now since this 235 has been that way since what, friday?
From Russia with love
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:02 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

dbender wrote:Is my iMac 2009 3 GHz 8 gb ram computer powerful enough for

(1) Spotlight?
(2) Pop/Rock Strings?

And, which of the two is less taxing on the cpu?

Pop Rock Strings is less taxing. But you should be able to use Spotlight ok, even though you're going to get better cpu performance with Pop Rock Strings
KVRer

3 posts since 17 Feb, 2014

Postby scarletjerry; Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:34 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

I have a Kirk Hunter "what should I buy before the group buy expires" question.

I am new the using VST's, and I've always dreamed about becoming a film composer. I have a semi-pro music background (Church director of music many years ago) and I was a music minor in college. I'm currently working as a computer teacher at a public school district, so I have a strong technical background.

Here's my dilemma:

I would like to purchase one of Kirk's libraries to help complete my collection of instruments. I am interested in Concert Brass 2, Spotlight Strings, Concert Strings 2, or Diamond Orchestra.

I am leaning toward Concert Brass 2. Here's why:
I'm looking to compose orchestral scores, and I think I can somewhat decent sounds from string and woodwind sounds my library. I can't get realistic brass sounds (except from the Embertone trumpet) and I LOVE the French horn sound in the CB 2 demo. Here's my basic question - Are the brass sounds in Concert Brass 2 better (more expressive and more realistic) than the brass sounds in Diamond Orchestra? If not, it would make sense for me to spring for the Orchestra and get the other sounds as a bonus. What do people think?
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:36 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

scarletjerry wrote:I have a Kirk Hunter "what should I buy before the group buy expires" question.

I am new the using VST's, and I've always dreamed about becoming a film composer. I have a semi-pro music background (Church director of music many years ago) and I was a music minor in college. I'm currently working as a computer teacher at a public school district, so I have a strong technical background.

Here's my dilemma:

I would like to purchase one of Kirk's libraries to help complete my collection of instruments. I am interested in Concert Brass 2, Spotlight Strings, Concert Strings 2, or Diamond Orchestra.

I am leaning toward Concert Brass 2. Here's why:
I'm looking to compose orchestral scores, and I think I can somewhat decent sounds from string and woodwind sounds my library. I can't get realistic brass sounds (except from the Embertone trumpet) and I LOVE the French horn sound in the CB 2 demo. Here's my basic question - Are the brass sounds in Concert Brass 2 better (more expressive and more realistic) than the brass sounds in Diamond Orchestra? If not, it would make sense for me to spring for the Orchestra and get the other sounds as a bonus. What do people think?

There is no question that the brass in Concert Brass 2 are superior to those in Diamond. Both in sound and in programming.
KVRer

3 posts since 17 Feb, 2014

Postby scarletjerry; Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:54 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

Thanks for the fast response, Kirk. I assume the same would be true for Concert Strings 2 vs. Diamond. Based on your response and my needs, I'll purchase Concert Brass now and Concert Strings 2 (or Spotlight Strings) later on.

By the way, thanks for reducing your prices and making these instruments more accessible to the hobbyists like me.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:19 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

scarletjerry wrote:By the way, thanks for reducing your prices and making these instruments more accessible to the hobbyists like me.

Amen to that. I don't know if I ever would have been able to justify purchasing CS 2 at $799.
Kudos to Kirk for the new lower retail pricing structure and Peter (eDrummist) for helping put the Group Buy together for even lower prices.
Only 50-60 more needed for the 50% off level.
KVRist

75 posts since 29 Nov, 2011

Postby Ryan99; Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! EXTENDED DEADLINE!

I'm a bit confused about the Group buy right now. On the first post of this thread, it's written that there is now 251 people with a discount of 35%, but with this number of persons it should be 40% off. Also, if I click on the link to the Group Buy page, the number is at 235 for a while.

Anyone care to give the real numbers please? At 3 days from the deadline, it could make a difference for people like me that are on the fence...
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)