What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Need your opinion

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

ab1
KVRer

10 posts since 14 Jan, 2014

Postby ab1; Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:44 pm Need your opinion

Hey everyone,

I posted a new track (PUT YOUR HANDS UP) that I am working on, and would love to get your opinion of the song.

Do you thing its good or bad Track, can you dance to this track at a club or a big event.

I know the track has no real intro or nice ending yet, but this is a work in progress track.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you

AB1

https://soundcloud.com/ab-1-1
KVRer

6 posts since 1 May, 2013, from Houston

Postby krish rula; Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:31 pm Re: Need your opinion

Dude this is good, nice job.

If others don't feel it, it may be a lack of human elements, consider more vocal snippets, I thinks it's great though
ab1
KVRer

Postby ab1; Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:52 pm Re: Need your opinion

Thanks Krish, I appreciate your comment. I hope everyone else here feels the same way :)
KVRist

336 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Postby ecamburn; Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:51 am Re: Need your opinion

I think you have a strong start here. The tune has a nice structure. I like your use of dynamics. I found the high pitched "woop" sound to be a little too present in the mix. ;-) I also thought you lost a little energy in the section beginning at 1:31. But in general, this was well put together.
ab1
KVRer

Postby ab1; Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:20 am Re: Need your opinion

Thank you ecamburn, I agree 100% with what your saying. It's funny, my friend had the same exact comment as you :). I will work on the mix of the woop sound, although i'm almost thinking of taking it out and maybe put a sweeping woosh sound instead. what do you think?
KVRian

723 posts since 12 Jul, 2007, from Sweden

Postby suecae_sounds; Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 am Re: Need your opinion

I kind of agree as to the woop synth, it gets kind of tedious as a percussive element - maybe let it work less often. Its very polished, all in all. I think youre getting there.
ab1
KVRer

Postby ab1; Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:26 am Re: Need your opinion

Thank you Suecae.. I appreciate your thoughts and i'm working on fixing the track..

AB1
KVRer

29 posts since 26 Mar, 2013, from Canada

Postby iffy; Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:00 pm Re: Need your opinion

I like the track, one minor point that I think might make it bang a little harder (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming you want a nice dancey track) I would put some sidechaining on the snare when you do the snareroll into the drop, and then I would play with some sidechaining on the kick. That being said, don't just drop sidechaining on it and call it a day, make it evolve with the track, and pick up the sidechaining when you drop your track into the harder parts. You're almost there with this track, I feel like you just need to take it a little further. :tu:

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe