What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How to react in case of an unfair sale?

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

218 posts since 6 Mar, 2012

Postby Skorpius; Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:05 am How to react in case of an unfair sale?

Since I haven't found any appropriate examples for this in the Feedback Thread, I'd like to ask a general question:

In case of unfairness, misbehavior, or fraud by a KVR seller, are we allowed, expected, and/or morally obliged to issue a warning to other KVR members? And when doing so, should we mention more than just the KVR nickname of the person (e. g. the real name and the Paypal address)? Regarding the last part, I would certainly think so, because anyone can register a new KVR name within minutes, whereas a Paypal address can't be changed that easily.

I'm looking forward to answers from serious and honest KVRers. :wink:
Last edited by Skorpius on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRian

626 posts since 17 Sep, 2007

Postby SAW75; Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 am Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

I'd say first try to contact the seller within and outside of KVR with the contact info you have... perhaps there is a misunderstanding if you are talking about a specific sale.
KVRAF

7321 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:13 am Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

If it's really a fraud, an official warning might make sense. But if it's only a misunderstanding, I'd contact him/her via PM to clarify everything...
KVRist

Postby Skorpius; Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:14 am Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

SAW75 wrote:I'd say first try to contact the seller within and outside of KVR with the contact info you have... perhaps there is a misunderstanding if you are talking about a specific sale.

That goes without saying. I was talking about sales where the seller doesn't react and refuses any sort of cooperation or settlement.
KVRian

Postby SAW75; Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 am Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

I'd hit your bank up... My bank is like the KGB. They don't put up with anything.

But if you just want to hang the guy out to dry, then go for it.
KVRist

161 posts since 25 Mar, 2008

Postby blue monk; Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:17 am Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

SAW75 wrote:I'd hit your bank up... My bank is like the KGB. They don't put up with anything.

But if you just want to hang the guy out to dry, then go for it.

www.kgbank.com ? ...oops, blank page. So they are secretive, too. Who could have guessed?
KVRist

67 posts since 1 Aug, 2013, from USA

Postby superscan; Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:30 pm Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

You can dispute via Paypal if you used that medium for transfer and did not do a personal sale.
KVRian

1484 posts since 19 Sep, 2011

Postby AstralExistence; Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

i saw that one audio damage sale in the marketplace where that guy pretty much scammed a user. man if that was me i would make a paypal dispute and get my money back cause i would be beyond angry. would. not. take that bullshit.

i don't chose to do business like that, and i CERTAINLY don't expect that from a business transaction. the way i do business is, the satisfaction of my buyer is AS important to me as my own satisfaction and vice versa when i buy things from other people. this is very important to me and how i view myself as a good person.

were not doing multi billion dollar deals where hidden agendas, savvy lawyers, and smart businessman, try to outsmart each other with sneaky paperwork to save money on a deal.

this is kvr. what we use is paypal. have a dispute? file a dispute. it could not be simpler.
something special

7721 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from gone riding

Postby bluedad; Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:14 pm Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

Skorpius wrote:In case of unfairness, misbehavior, or fraud by a KVR seller, are we allowed, expected, and/or morally obliged to issue a warning to other KVR members? And when doing so, should we mention more than just the KVR nickname of the person (e. g. the real name and the Paypal address)? Regarding the last part, I would certainly think so, because anyone can register a new KVR name within minutes, whereas a Paypal address can't be changed that easily.

I'm looking forward to answers from serious and honest KVRers. :wink:

I would say the feedback thread is for giving feedback. I think it's important to know when someone has done a bad deal.
KVRAF

7321 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:20 pm Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

Seriously, should people read 740 pages (!) feedback thread before they're selling (or buying) something just to see if the buyer (or seller) has done something wrong in the past? :o

If feedbacks were saved in the user profile, it would be much easier!
something special

7721 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from gone riding

Postby bluedad; Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:30 pm Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

Tricky-Loops wrote:Seriously, should people read 740 pages (!) feedback thread before they're selling (or buying) something just to see if the buyer (or seller) has done something wrong in the past? :o

If feedbacks were saved in the user profile, it would be much easier!

then what is the point of the feedback thread?
KVRian

Postby SAW75; Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:33 pm Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

you can search the user's name and get a pretty complete history of his/her feedback. I've done that.

Pretty much though, you really should only buy from me. That way you are safe. :hihi:
KVRAF

3691 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:56 pm Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

If someone is scamming people, then I sure as hell want to know, at a minimum, that person's KVR name and his/her paypal ID so I can avoid that person. And, if that person tries to sell something else in the MP, then I would hope that the people he/she scammed before would post in the thread telling others to avoid this seller. If there are no such safeguards in place because we're all being too PC for our own good, then that just sends a nice and clear message that we welcome the scammers.
KVRist

Postby Skorpius; Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:56 am Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

Tricky-Loops wrote:Seriously, should people read 740 pages (!) feedback thread before they're selling (or buying) something just to see if the buyer (or seller) has done something wrong in the past? :o

This is not at all necessary. Simply enter a few keywords plus the KVR user name into your favorite search engine, and you'll see the seller's/buyer's feedback within seconds.
Beware the Quoth

20649 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:58 am Re: How to react in case of an unfair sale?

You do know there's a 'search this topic' box dont you?
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)