What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

jethrobull
KVRian

1186 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK

Postby jethrobull; Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:28 am Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

It's going to be tough to please everyone because of the price fluctuations and the length of time this upgrade has taken.
I completely understand very early adopters being slightly miffed .I would suggest a free upgrade for customers who purchased within the first 2 years :hihi:
As for someone like me who purchased St2 at a no brainer, another $99 is definitely worth it!
All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
myfeebleeffort
murnau
KVRAF

2703 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:43 am Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

hmm.. when it can't go lower than $99 (for the really early adopters) i think the majority of people will be deeply frustrated with their price (and i dont talk about the people who bought ST2 in the last group-buy).

we'll see.. :D
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
sodbuster-ca
KVRer

23 posts since 17 Jul, 2010, from Ranch land in California, of course!

Postby sodbuster-ca; Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:55 pm Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

basslinemaster wrote:
gamecat666 wrote:will ST2.5 and its expansions remain on sale when ST3 is released? or is it being officially discontinued. (just wondering because ST3 is 64 bit only)

That's a very good question. Presumably ST3 doesn't come with the ST2.5 libraries, nor the expansions, nor Sonik Synth's libraries, nor the Miroslav libraries...

That seems reasonable. I was told at Winter NAMM 2014, "unofficially", to expect the ST3 included library to be composed of 90% - 95% new samples. At over 30GB, one would expect the new library to cover all the basic ground of their previous VI's plus some new instruments/kits/sounds/loops.
"...Save the bones for Henry Jones, 'cause Henry don't eat no meat..."
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

3736 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:52 am Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

I've been given the go-ahead to post a release estimation on our forum at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... 047#p40047 and I'll check to see if we'll keep the ST 2.x line available after SampleTank 3 is released.
24MTS
KVRist

39 posts since 19 Oct, 2013, from Romania

Postby 24MTS; Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 am Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

Thanks Peter!
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!
thejonsolo
KVRist

203 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:51 pm Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

June 2

100 posts BOOYAH!
Windows 8.1 Pro | Intel i7 4770 | 24 GB RAM | Scarlett 6i6 | Dual 27" monitors
Cubase 7.5.20 - Reason 7.1 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Korg Kronos 88 | Blue Baby Bottle
Bitwig 1.0.11 | FL Studio 11.1 | Launchpad S

http://www.solosounds.net
gigadreamer
KVRer

17 posts since 9 Jun, 2003

Postby gigadreamer; Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:51 am Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

So, Sampletank 3 will be only sampleplayer/ROMPLER??

There's no sample mapping mapping and editing?
BBFG#
KVRAF

3036 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

Of course.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 am Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

Uh oh, the labeling/naming thing took quite a detour in one of the other threads... Anyway, SampleTank is moving forward with its strengths as a ROMpler workstation at heart, with the ability to import samples and also having an Edit section where you can sculpt those samples (as well as the included library of sounds) with three playback engines, 14 filters, LFOs, and 5-stage envelopes. There are also the many available effects to aid in sound design within SampleTank 3.
basslinemaster
KVRist

214 posts since 20 Sep, 2012

Postby basslinemaster; Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:52 pm Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Uh oh, the labeling/naming thing took quite a detour in one of the other threads... Anyway, SampleTank is moving forward with its strengths as a ROMpler workstation at heart, with the ability to import samples and also having an Edit section where you can sculpt those samples (as well as the included library of sounds) with three playback engines, 14 filters, LFOs, and 5-stage envelopes. There are also the many available effects to aid in sound design within SampleTank 3.

Doesn't that sound remarkably like Sampletank 2.5?
Import samples
Three playback engines (Resamp, PS/TS, Stretch)
LFOs
5 stage envelopes

So far we have seen nothing really new... except for 14 filters. We have video demoes that sound no better than ST 2.5 (because ST 2.5 already sounded really good), and little else.
ST 2.5 already has an edit section where you can 'sculpt' samples, and the included library.

We want to know what ST 3 does that ST 2.5 can't do.
tosvus
KVRer

16 posts since 20 Aug, 2013

Postby tosvus; Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:56 pm Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

I think $99 is a fair upgrade price, though I hope that it applies to newer customers as well, especially when we have all the previous software (i.e. SampleTank, Sonik, Miroslav, Moog Tron) and several of the collections.

It may sound silly, but anything less than a hundred I can buy without debating with the mrs... Once it starts creeping over that, it's always a discussion. (okay, I'm whipped, I admit it.. ;) )
jethrobull
KVRian

1186 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK

Postby jethrobull; Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:01 pm Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

tosvus wrote:I think $99 is a fair upgrade price, though I hope that it applies to newer customers as well, especially when we have all the previous software (i.e. SampleTank, Sonik, Miroslav, Moog Tron) and several of the collections.

It may sound silly, but anything less than a hundred I can buy without debating with the mrs... Once it starts creeping over that, it's always a discussion. (okay, I'm whipped, I admit it.. ;) )

Hey,I'm in that very same club. :tu:
All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
myfeebleeffort
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:11 pm Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

Another great FX unit from SampleTank 3:
BBFG#
KVRAF

3036 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:54 pm Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Uh oh, the labeling/naming thing took quite a detour in one of the other threads... Anyway, SampleTank is moving forward with its strengths as a ROMpler workstation at heart, with the ability to import samples and also having an Edit section where you can sculpt those samples (as well as the included library of sounds) with three playback engines, 14 filters, LFOs, and 5-stage envelopes. There are also the many available effects to aid in sound design within SampleTank 3.

I still prefer to think of it as a sample player. When I think rompler, I think of my M1. Besides, 'RompleTank' has a completely different sound to it, a rather 'Grimm Tale' of a sound I would imagine. ;)
Burillo
KVRAF

1526 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:28 am Re: SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

sampletank 2 can't do keyswitching, round robins, midi patterns. that's from the top of my head.
From Russia with love
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments