Roland FA -Series Vs. Computers

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:
elwoodblues1969 wrote:
meldavid wrote:No aftertouch.
You can use an expression pedal for after-touch.
That's not nearly the same thing.
I've never been overly concerned with after-touch in general and I have zero experience with expression pedals,so I'll take your word for it.
Curious though....isn't this option better than no after-touch at all?Especially considering that most,if not all budget workstations completely exclude after-touch?
For Drakan:The Ancients Gates fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9XUSiE7f4

No, because aftertouch is aftertouch. It's not foot-touch. If you don't care much for it, shows you haven't found many uses for it, like a lot of other players did. Aftertouch is EXTREMELY important, especially when your other hand is busy with something else than holding pitchbend or modwheel. And especially when standing up on a gig, expression pedal is not really the easiest thing to use, ESPECIALLY if you have to work the sustain pedal at the same time.

So yes, aftertouch is a big deal. And "budget workstations" excluding it is a very big minus in my book.

Is polyphonic aftertouch possible when you use a pedal? I don't think so?

EvilDragon wrote:No, because aftertouch is aftertouch. It's not foot-touch. If you don't care much for it, shows you haven't found many uses for it, like a lot of other players did. Aftertouch is EXTREMELY important, especially when your other hand is busy with something else than holding pitchbend or modwheel. And especially when standing up on a gig, expression pedal is not really the easiest thing to use, ESPECIALLY if you have to work the sustain pedal at the same time.

So yes, aftertouch is a big deal. And "budget workstations" excluding it is a very big minus in my book.
big +1

An indispensable tool.
Last edited by miden on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Melodyshine wrote:Is polyphonic aftertouch possible when you use a pedal? I don't think so?
Of course not.

The sequencers in Synths still have not got a full interface for computers. They still have more or less the same integration found on the Korg M1 and the Roland D20 back in the 80s!. Until then they are too slow for real editing. I still don't understand why nobody has done it yet. The latest Maschine is the closest yet. Also AKAI are heading there too. Why have Roland and Korg still not given editing of the sequencers to the PC/iPad/Apple?

I am betting ACCESS will bring out something. They are way ahead of everybody else in invention.

When the synth gets a fully integrated DAW on board its OS then there will be a new ERA. The FA01 is no where near this I am afraid.
Anonymity has it's benefits
VirusTIKB,Korg M50,Roland SH-201,RM1x,05R/W,ZeroSL,Sylenth,CubaseS4, GroveAgent3,Ableton Live8,Launchpad

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”