New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Plus, Peter outright promised us a Distressor!
Peter also once promised me to foward my FR's. Amongst them a some sort of MicModeler clone or concept for AT3, and maybe even an AVALON preamp clone.

I've yet to see that.

Like I've yet to see a "driver wrapper" version of ARC, and a surround version (which was promised in 2000's, the first time it was released at Musikmesse, and I've "tested" this thing at a booth).

And changes to the "Custom Shop" - wow... what can that be?
Surely not a drop of paying with "credits" and being locked out of "combining" Jampoints with sales.

OH WAIT! I have it!
It's an integration of the iPad to control the custom shop! Something I've always dreamt of.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Plus, Peter outright promised us a Distressor!
Peter also once promised me to foward my FR's. Amongst them a some sort of MicModeler clone or concept for AT3, and maybe even an AVALON preamp clone.

I've yet to see that.

Like I've yet to see a "driver wrapper" version of ARC, and a surround version (which was promised in 2000's, the first time it was released at Musikmesse, and I've "tested" this thing at a booth).

And changes to the "Custom Shop" - wow... what can that be?
Surely not a drop of paying with "credits" and being locked out of "combining" Jampoints with sales.
You saw the paragraph right after that where I admit Peter actually made no such promise right?

Since I answered to your post, and bragged about things, I did obviously not.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I was not here in 2000 so I have no idea what was promised, but not all gear or FRs get into the product line (or don't in a timeline that may satisfy the requestor(s)) and I can only say that they are relayed and I've done my best to also make suggestions about how these are stored/tracked/handled over time. I can only speak for myself saying that I do my best I can to help.

The changes to Custom Shop are not what you suggest, CompyFox but I'm pretty sure you know that as it seemed pretty snarky and not serious.

When will it be released?
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

I wonder if we'll ever see use of the amplitube effects in the T-Racks rack or vice versa..

VitaminD wrote:I wonder if we'll ever see use of the amplitube effects in the T-Racks rack or vice versa..
IMO that would be a logical progression - T-Racks FX are a PERFECT fit for Amplitube's rack FX. but if given the choice between T-Racks FX in Amplitube rack and ability to insert stomps into an FX loop - i would choose the latter without hesitation. i can't believe Amplitube is at version 3 and still has no FX loop. but i digress...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I was not here in 2000 so I have no idea what was promised, but not all gear or FRs get into the product line (or don't in a timeline that may satisfy the requestor(s)) and I can only say that they are relayed and I've done my best to also make suggestions about how these are stored/tracked/handled over time. I can only speak for myself saying that I do my best I can to help.
I don't disregard that. It's just that no matter what you write, or suggest... it sometimes (if not often) feels like developers don't care about users and their suggestions to improve things. Then again, my idea with a "global key" seems like it was ported over as "Custom Shop".

BTW:
IKM ARC v1 was released in late 2007. Since then people were asking for surround solutions, and also "driver" solutions. 6,5 years and a v2 later, still no dice.

And please don't let me get started on upgrade paths.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The changes to Custom Shop are not what you suggest, CompyFox but I'm pretty sure you know that as it seemed pretty snarky and not serious.
Good to know that at least someone got it. :tu:

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Is getting your post considered a good sign or a bad sign?? ;) Just teasing.

I do feel you'll be happy with the changes, and if we can get it out in a matter of days as expected, you shouldn't be waiting long to see them.

It's not like I can purchase anything currently - so I can wait.

Not that it matters much, but for the sake of passing correct information along I apologize that I misread your other post and didn't realize you said "2000's" I wasn't here in 2007 either, for that matter though. :) I understand your requests have been logged since I have been here as well as before my time, and explained that part already and thank you for understanding my role and expressing your feelings about it all. Hopefully you can purchase something that you will enjoy in the near future, because I do know that you enjoy the gear and enjoy what you do with the tools you have.

Oh, and I also missed the part about JamPoints used in sales but I should have pointed out that you can currently use JamPoints in our "AmpliTube Olympic Group Buy" now, which is a nice touch I think: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/atgb

Still can't pay for anything. And every time I could, other stuff had higher priority and I couldn't use my (probably reduced down to 6pts) Jampoints either.

I do still miss ARC2 in my collection, the British Bundle looks interesting (mainly the NEVE Comp, not necessarily the SSL4/9k modules), Black (1176) and White (LA2A) is also not in my posession still (though I have suitable alternatives by now). But the price politics, missing fair(!) upgrade paths, constant sales (which make other deals pretty much invalid) and what not... a real turn off for me as of late.

So currently I'm using what I have (unless Wavelab is like "nah - I run in demo mode unless you run Wavelab as Admin!"), I love the freebies for AT3 (learned a lot from fellow guitarists on KVR in the last year - and I do mix and match anyway). But that's about it for me.

I rather invest into something that I really need, or changes the game for me. For the rest, I'm covered with beta testing and tons of outstanding freeware tools.

But if IKM really drops "Gear Credits", I actually consider this as good move. Took IKM quite a while as well to listen to their customers. That system was hated since day 1.

Else... I really don't have any further interest in the currently iDevice focused market by IKM. And I also have way more EQ's than I will ever need. Unless it's a real rare gem, or a special device I always wanted in software form.

It isn't as nearly unanimous as dongle hatred was for IK (though I wasn't here then either, I've been exposed to the data on that one), even if the data from the segment here that posts an opinion either way would make you think everybody hates them. Until they ask for more Gear Credit mayhem sales or buy in bulk (or both) and save a ton. Horses for courses, to each his/her own, etc, though it would be great to give people multiple options at least in the long run. Also, one must note that the AmpliTube and T-RackS Custom Shop segments are different and we have certainly noted that and made appropriate changes.

Wow that interface looks like Polyana got eaten by someone's CAT (the Octave kind)!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
sonicpowa wrote:Yes of course ! Another EQ ! Why not, thousands of EQs !!
Where else is this sought-after EQ modeled? This is a major EQ for ITB mastering (because the real version is a force to be reckoned with), I hope you try it out when available. Thanks.
I did this in EQuilibrium last year. Though I modelled the 250 rather than the 432 (difference is gain range and steps off top of my head). Same topology/design, but you'd need to set the gain range to 6dB to get it to line up. I didn't do the dB step increments though.

I think this is a fantastic sounding EQ. Love it.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Return to “Effects”