Soundtoys Microshift is out with No ILOK Dongle required

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it´s still ilok, not good. I don´t want iLok.com account and that crap on my PC.
But they are going the right direction. Why not go all the way though.

realmarco@sound-designJob wrote:few months ago this plugin was free for a limited time
Not exactly. That was Little MicroShift, a cut down preview/freebie version.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

sonicpowa wrote:So it´s still ilok, not good. I don´t want iLok.com account and that crap on my PC. But they are going the right direction. Why not go all the way though.
Who wants iLOK-crap on their computers?? :hihi: :hihi:
All those scary elitist software developers aren't making better software than others… it's just a matter of appearance.

Delfinoverde wrote:
sonicpowa wrote:So it´s still ilok, not good. I don´t want iLok.com account and that crap on my PC. But they are going the right direction. Why not go all the way though.
All those scary elitist software developers aren't making better software than others… it's just a matter of appearance.
iLok, attracts the Trolls, repels the Pirates. Fair trade.

As for the plugin, I picked up the free Little Microshift and for $49 the upgrade to MicroShift is going to be damn hard to resist. Yeah, gonna buy it.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote: iLok, attracts the Trolls, repels the Pirates. Fair trade.
:lol:

OMG, I'm playing around with this plugin on a mono vocal track and it.is.awesome. :hyper:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

billcarroll wrote:
Delfinoverde wrote:

As for the plugin, I picked up the free Little Microshift and for $49 the upgrade to MicroShift is going to be damn hard to resist. Yeah, gonna buy it.
I think I won a Microshift license back when there was that viral marketing thing going on. I need to try it out in the next few days.

4 knobs and 3 pushbuttons. Nice. That's minimalism for ya.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
Delfinoverde wrote:

I think I won a Microshift license back when there was that viral marketing thing going on. I need to try it out in the next few days.

4 knobs and 3 pushbuttons. Nice. That's minimalism for ya.

Sean Costello
Have you tested out the Kush Clariphonic? Between MicroShift and Clariphonic you should be able to feel some breath off vocals in a mix, and with only a totals of 6 knobs between the two plugins.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

cryophonik wrote:OMG, I'm playing around with this plugin on a mono vocal track and it.is.awesome. :hyper:
So.. it´s actually a good plugin? Is it better than Schwa CMX? Do you have a sound clip of it?

sonicpowa wrote:
cryophonik wrote:OMG, I'm playing around with this plugin on a mono vocal track and it.is.awesome. :hyper:
So.. it´s actually a good plugin? Is it better than Schwa CMX? Do you have a sound clip of it?
I've never used CMX, so I can't compare, but I'm impressed by MicroShift. I pm'ed you a sample.

At first I was like "meh, ilok" then I was like "OMG, I have an ilok account!" :hyper:

I'll look into this tomorrow.

So there is no demo.

What are the functions that it could be used for things like guitars/keys/synth?

cryophonik wrote:I've never used CMX, so I can't compare, but I'm impressed by MicroShift. I pm'ed you a sample.
Thanks for the sample! Hmm very interesting.. much more versatile than CMX for sure. It is effective sound when used sparingly.

realmarco@sound-designJob wrote:few months ago this plugin was free for a limited time
The smaller one knob version was free for a limited time that was called Little Microshift. They spent another year on it to make Microshift with four knobs. It's a great sounding plugin for making tracks wider and it can add a bit of chorus to that effect lots of fine tuning now that they added more controls.

The three style buttons switches Microshift to the hardware emulations. Explanations of these are from the manual:-

STYLE I: Modeled on preset #231 from the H3000. We’ve pretty closely matched the delay and pitch variation (which isn’t exactly what the front panel says), and even emulated the sound of the analog saturation.

STYLE II: Modeled on preset #519 from the H3000, which was based on a different pitch shifting algorithm, and has a slightly different sound due to different amounts of delay variation and a different frequency response.

STYLE III: Modeled on a favorite setting from the AMS* DMX 15-80. This style has much wider delay variation, different saturation characteristics, and a different, harder, ‘de-glitching’ circuit

Soundtoys used to work for eventide and programed the H3000. So I imagine it's close.

I can only find a video of the one knob version Little Microshift. It's not free anymore. Video not by me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYb04Q_03T4
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Although I like this effect, it's a bit of a one trick pony for almost $100. I'd probably opt to spend more and get the H3000 Factory plugin instead. So much more versatile!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Bought on the strength of the Little MicroShift. Did not disappoint.

It's pretty spectacular when it works; a great addition to the toolbox.

Return to “Effects”