Amplitube 3 Group Buy help me choose please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello :) Any help is appreciated. I would need advice and your expertise on 2 things.

1) Bass

I already own all of the Amplitube related "a la carte" items I thought I wanted for Bass guitar. Now that I can get Ampeg SVX for so cheap, maybe I really do need more? ;) I don't own the Ampeg SVX package but I have the Ampeg B-15R and SVT-4 Pro amps and the B-15R cabinet. Would owning the other Ampeg stuff be worth it? For bass, I also already have the Fender Bassman 300, TBP-1, and the Orange AD200 amps, the Fender Bass 810 pro cab and the Orange 1x15 OBC 115, 4x10 OBC 410 and 8x10 OBC 810 cabs.. I've really been happy with this Bass guitar setup but it wouldn't hurt to add to the collection if it's really worth it. I don't want to get things that are inferior to what I already have. Amplitube 3 has the Green BA250 and 360 bass preamp which I do not have.. no idea about those.

2) Guitar

I am also asking for advice about what is the best guitar stuff to get for non-distorted electric guitar sounds and for acoustic nylon string guitar (or for any other type of acoustic/electric strings such as violin, cello, etc..). Looking for "Cleaner" types of sounds that have character. I would like the less distorted sounding stuff: For Jazz electric guitar, chorus type guitar sounds, etc.. not metal/hard rock/heavy distortion. The collections like Hendrix, Slash and Metal sound like they would be more distortion related and not my thing but maybe some of the included stuff is cleaner and awesome? No idea..

Right now I can get 2 Amplitube collections for the price of 1. I notice I don't even need to actually get Amplitube 3 as part of this deal. I could get Fender and Orange and bypass Amplitube 3 altogether, or get Orange and Hendrix or even Amplitube 3+ Fender or Hendrix or Orange. Too many potential combinations. I have no clue. I am interested more in the quality than the quantity of included items.

Amplitube 3 is a little dated now, so I think perhaps the newer stuff is better? Am I wrong? Based on no info whatsoever, my gut tells me to get the Orange collection and Fender, but I don't know... At the same time Amplitube 3 comes with the most amount of stuff and maybe lot's of that stuff is great as well (even though older).

Argggg.. please help point me in the right direction. Give me some food for thought. Sorry for the long post.
Play it by ear

For clean guitar sounds, I think it would be tough to beat the Fender collection.
It's dated as well, but I remember when it came out (which was actually before Amp3) that the jump in sound quality over Amp 2 was substantial and impressive. I believe Amp 3 uses the same technology as Fender.

Funny you would mention that. I just found out on another site that Fender came before Amplitube 3. By the way I don't mind if something is older if it sounds good. It just seems that more recent plugins are getting better and better as they have more power they can access on our computers. Thanks for your feedback :)
Play it by ear

Any opinions on what the best sounding clean amp among Amplitube 3 & Amplitube Fender is? I was jamming around tonight and didn't find anything. Even American Clean sounded distorted!

With the promotion you can get 3 packages for the price of 1 now (2 extras). I got the basic Amplitube and Orange and Ampeg packages. With those I'm all set with bass and high gain tones. If/when we reach the next goal, I'll get the Fender package. It seems to offer the largest amount of goodies that aren't part of the basic package plus it would be good for clean guitar tones, possibly electric cello as well.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

Sweet! I think I'll start with Orange, Amplitube 3 and Fender :)
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:Sweet! I think I'll start with Orange, Amplitube 3 and Fender :)
I'll go with these also :)

(and add Slash if we reach the +3)

These are great choices... I bought Orange during their summer sale. This time I started with Fender and Ampeg and took Amplitube 3 as the freebie.

Fender is great. Not only the amps but the Fender Blender is my favorite octave fuzz of all time!

I was kind of bummed the Princeton isn't included in the Fender package though...

Solid choices. I'd add the Slash and then Hendrix AmpliTube Collections after if we hit 4+.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Since Fender is more expensive, do you have to buy that one first, and get the others free?

For the Group Buy we have changed the prices for all of them to be $99.99. You can find all the details on the Group Buy page.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

I already had the Fender for the cleaner sounds, I quite like it (try turning down the input level if it distorts too early and compensate with the output level knob).
With the current group buy I also got AT3, the Orange and the Slash. Just had a few minutes with them, but if you do the input level trick, you can get cleaner sounds from those. Not as clean as the Roland amp from AT3 though.
Now I am saturated with amp sims from IK. If they reach the next level, there's not much left apart from Ampeg and Hendrix. If they force me, I will have the Hendrix... :ud:

Don't sleep on the Ampeg SVX tones! I even use them on my synths!

If you buy SVX, you'll also get the effects.. that is the only reason I'd consider any of these (unless you had no amps and cabs which you do).

For bass, I'd pick SVX, Amplitube, Orange, and Fender in that order.. mostly for the effects.

I already own SVX, the Bass amp/cab combo from Orange, half of Fender, and around a third of A3.. so I'm skipping this sale again.. but it really is a fantastic deal if you're starting fresh or don't have much Amplitube 3 gear (and wanted it).

Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Useful info throughout.
Play it by ear

Return to “Effects”