PRODUCTS
BrainStormer

i just came across this new synth and it looks and sounds very nice! :o

check it out... non se/sm 32 and 64bit :party:
looks like PC only though, sorry! :shrug:

version 0.89.1 download here:
http://roazhondsp.storm-mastering.com/test

Version 0.87 (17/03/2014)

Added 8 new waveforms (4 Steps, 33 Square, Asym Square, Trapezoid, SmoothSaw1, SmoothSaw2, Rectified, Half Rectified)
Added matrix as modulable (now 84 destinations for modulators)
Changed filter ENV amount to bipolar
Fixed slow GUI drawing and cpu spikes when knobs are moving or automated
Fixed noise/glitch at the start
Added double click on knob to set default value
Added mouse wheel control on knobs for fine tuning
Set linear knob mode by default (host mode can still overwrite it)
Changed linear mode knob sensitivity to have a finer scale
Changed precise linear mode knob sensitivity to have a finer scale (SHIFT + left click)
Added instant circular relative knob mode (ALT + left click)
Fixed OSC fine tune displayed value
Reordered filter GUI section in a logical way
Fixed dll loading issue on some old hosts (main entry point missing)
Patches from v0.86 versions remain compatible

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/brainst ... oazhon-dsp
Last edited by layzer on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Spikes hellishly when turning knobs, but soundwise not bad at all.

Has a nice Saw and Square, Oscs can be inverted and either free running or retriggered, (very useful), filter on high Q with high EnvAmount CAN get critical but not more so than most others, (actually its rather on the good side because it doesnt get tweeter-rippingly aggressive), the Stretch and Stereo params are great to give the sound some instant width, and theres quite a bit going on with regards to modulation capabilities as well.

Seems like a solid base with a lot of potential. Only negative i can see after a very quick test is that theres not enough gain reserves for quieter sounds. First impression is definitely good though, curious to see where this one goes over time.

Thanks for sharing. :tu:

It might sound good but with a GUI that is this "heavy" and only 1 slot in the patch bank, it's not going to get much use as it is.

Very interested - it's a simple clean layout but feature packed with excellent mod options for insane possibilities in such a small package = a thinky dev

Loaded in FL and as soon as the GUI showed I got an access violation. I didn't even get to hear a peep out of it. Looking forward to updates...

eidenk wrote:It might sound good but with a GUI that is this "heavy" and only 1 slot in the patch bank, it's not going to get much use as it is.
Its a beta, so we will have to give it some time.

Couple of things i found:

- Env Decay Slope needs tweaking; goes down to aggressively towards the end

- Env Release Slope seems to be linear; should be exponential

- Osc Octaves dont properly restore after save/reload if the knob wasnt (re-)set to a specific value before saving. This is because the synth does not reload the precise value of the Octave knob position that was set upon saving. Effect: If you save at -1, then reload, then save again, Octave will be on 0.

- As mentioned above; no preset manager, hence no naming of presets and no compiling of banks

All in all it works very well though, and it is definitely capable of very nice sounds. I think we should get the dev in here so we can have a direct dialog...

Nice freebie :)
I'm playing it on the Ableton Live 9 and Studio One 2.6 64bit.

i been playing with this for a few hours, can confirm the saving bugs ENV1 mentioned. and yes, this thing is a modulation beast! and the osc's detune very nicely. dev requests bug reports so i'll inform him of this thread.

Looks similar as LinPlug MORPHOX! :o
Sadly no MAC version there…… :dog:
Anyway there's plenty good stuff there.

Delfinoverde wrote:Looks similar as LinPlug MORPHOX! :o
Sadly no MAC version there
Dang !
[signature]
Please port your VST plugins
to the Mac AU format
Please :)

FL Studio couldn't recognize it in plugin search :(

Why does this happen?

worth free but not if it doesn't work at all...

am sad

Debutante wrote:Loaded in FL and as soon as the GUI showed I got an access violation. I didn't even get to hear a peep out of it.
Same here (FL Studio 9). Shame, it looks really good (both featurewise and lookwise - IMO the GUI is awesome).
Also the fact that it has no preset manager/onboard presets makes it unusable for me. I hope this will be added in the future ;)

Anyway, congratz for creating the synth & sharing it, it has potential ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

it doesnt make a sound in savihost under winxp sp3 32bit. but works fine in energyXT2 v2.7
it is in beta and i got a reply from Oliver(the dev) that he will look over this thread. with a patch manager and the kinks worked out, i think this one could be a winner.

It crashed FLStudio 11 in both win7 x64 bit and windows xp x86 pc's, i wish they would fix this it has a beautiful GUI, i love the fact that it's non synthedit, i looks great but there is no sound and then you click on the GUI you get this error in the picture attached to my post. cheer joel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey guys,

Nice to see that you started playing with it. As you know it's still a beta version, and I didn't have a chance to test it on all hosts in 32/64 bits. I mainly tested it on Cubase, Live and vsthost.

For the FL bug, I think a workaround is to go to "processing" and set "Use fixed size buffers" to "Use block size as buffer size", then you can press play and start using it. This host feeds different buffer sizes than the ones I've used. I'll correct this in the next release.

An user reported me that it was not working on Sonar. I found the root cause and correction is on the way.

Mac port is also planned. Someone is gonna give me a Mac so that I can do it :).

I'm aware about the lack of preset features. I plan to code this for the 1.0 version. BTW if you have nice presets, do not hesitate to send them to me. I will need a set of nice ones.

I have not reproduced the octave preset issue. Did someone have the same issue than ENV1?

Thanks for your feedback,

layzer wrote:looks like PC only though, sorry! :shrug:
Does that exclude FL Studio 11, get an error when I try to load the 64 vst 2 version in that DAW?

Also cool that this comes as 32 bit vst3 as that is the only format Sequel accepts for external plugs. But there the GUI opens, but I get no sound out of the synth :help:

Return to “Instruments”