Soundtoys Microshift is out with No ILOK Dongle required

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoboy and some of the others do soo many things so many tweakables under the hud. Soundtoys doesn't seem to want to do plugs like that anymore. Maybe their ethos is now simple few as possible knobs or maybe that's because they had to spend so much time on 64bit and mac formats they didn't have time for a complex plug. Soundtoys spent a year on Microshift since Little Microshift came out and it was the same for Radiator. Maybe they are few knobs but many complex things going on under the hood of these.

That one is a real gem.

Perfect on background vocals, and on synth pads. Makes them sound HUGE.

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Sounds pretty cool

To clear up any confusion you can only computer-authorise the Little MicroShift that comes free with MicroShift. The free copy that was given away previously still requires a iLok key.

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/p ... -computer-

Alternative for the anti-ilok-community (I am a member too :D ):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398285

(but now you might complain "no 64bit" ... :hihi: )

ImageImage

Yep :)

My biggest gripe with ilok isn't that it's needed (I have one) it's that now so many companies require "ilok2" which for whatever reason, grates my nerves. Not even sure I can explain it. Anyways, @plug, it sounds really nice. I'll likely not get it but I enjoy listening to people demos.

Kaboom75 wrote:Echoboy and some of the others do soo many things so many tweakables under the hud. Soundtoys doesn't seem to want to do plugs like that anymore. Maybe their ethos is now simple few as possible knobs or maybe that's because they had to spend so much time on 64bit and mac formats they didn't have time for a complex plug. Soundtoys spent a year on Microshift since Little Microshift came out and it was the same for Radiator. Maybe they are few knobs but many complex things going on under the hood of these.
Yes, totally agree. A 'tweak' button like on Echoboy, Crystallizer , that opens up for more parameters and extreme ranges is really missing.

Shame they didn't model the SPX90 pitch shift. It's one of the better algorithms. Heavily used in the 80's as the unit was available in every studio.

iLok dongle is only part of the problem. If it still uses PACE software, then it still has a problem.

Pace software never caused me a problem had ilok for three years and not a single problem easier than using serials or licence files. Pace brought out a new manager software a year ago which I stayed away from as it's as risky as installing a new released OS. I do think though if they used the same method as DMG Audio they would sell far more copies.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i don't even have an ilok, but installing pace drivers by themselves caused me to have to raise my audio block size = latency to avoid crackling in live, when i had the presonus 1818.

to be fair, i don't think it was necessarily pace's fault, so much that it was another driver in my usb stack (i also had to clean out a couple of others that i didn't really need, and it cleaned up the dropouts significantly). and probably some systems are more susceptible to this than others.

Kaboom75 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Actually, I still can't use this. :lol:

During Activation, I get a message stating 'SELECT LICENSE TO ACTIVATE You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available, or the deposited licenses require surrender of an existing license in order to be available for activation.

To complete the delivery of a license that requires surrender, please run iLok License Manager and complete the license delivery. After completing the delivery you can activate in iLok License Manager or come back and activate the license here.

You may need to visit the SoundToys web site to get a license deposited to your account"

So not sure if this is available to use w/o iLoks.. even if we have a license to the software in our accounts.

Update: I see the issue.. it is pretty funny.. in a sad way. Trying to see if Soundtoys will fix it for me! :hihi:
You need to get an ilok account then Soundtoys account and then Soundtoys can send the licence to your ilok account then it gets placed on your drive using the ilok manager.

See just as easy as DMG Audio's licencing. Joke.
Yes, I'm aware. The issue I'm having is that I had no iLok device at the time SoundToys offered their freebies.. so I punched in a random number on my ST's account for iLok ID not knowing what that number represented. Now, I'm seeing I need that number to correspond with the iLok account.. oops. :lol:

SoundToys have yet to respond...

The only problem I had with pace was that those plugs DEFINITELY took longer to load. Might be something that isn't like that anymore, it's been quite a few years since I've used it.

Waves (I think??) still installs pace. SOMETHING I have does anyways so it's not like I'm pace-free

hibidy wrote:The only problem I had with pace was that those plugs DEFINITELY took longer to load. Might be something that isn't like that anymore, it's been quite a few years since I've used it.

Waves (I think??) still installs pace. SOMETHING I have does anyways so it's not like I'm pace-free
Waves does NOT install Pace. Waves completely dropped Pace with V9 of their bundles and now uses their own system that is certainly way better than iLok or eLicenser as it leaves more control and choice to user. Also, in case you need to recover your stuff from hardware failure you can do it yourself without contacting support. And if support is needed then Waves is lightyears better (as long as you have WUP covered) than Pace.
Obviously it is still not as good as serial/regkey protection though.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”