New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

Very interesting info Peter. I thought I was imagining things when I tried the 670 just now. It indeed does sound smoother when you push it. I've always avoided hot signals into that thing but it does indeed get dark and mushy in a nicer way now.

Haven't tried the black or white yet though.

How about the Bus Compressor in it's "grit" mode or the SSL channels? Abusing SSL desk channels is a pretty common technique, especially in the hiphop world where they push the console into red on most drum hits, on purpose.

Anyhow, thanks for the awesome update. The new EQ is very transparent and nice as well. Haven't compared it to the DMG Audio curves yet but will do at some time. I do notice the harmonic distortion though.. or whatever nonlinearities are going on. They are subtle but noticeable. The unit being slightly "bright" even when everything is set to flat. Anybody wanting to hear this tonality change only needs to insert something like 10 copies of the plugin in series and you start to really hear the effect.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

How do we re-install the new versions again? I seem to remember it was "restore my gear" in the custom shop but when I click that it keeps bringing me to the "My Gear" page. A bug?
I have upated to the latest version of custom shop.

bmanic wrote:Very interesting info Peter. I thought I was imagining things when I tried the 670 just now. It indeed does sound smoother when you push it. I've always avoided hot signals into that thing but it does indeed get dark and mushy in a nicer way now.

Haven't tried the black or white yet though.

How about the Bus Compressor in it's "grit" mode or the SSL channels? Abusing SSL desk channels is a pretty common technique, especially in the hiphop world where they push the console into red on most drum hits, on purpose.

Anyhow, thanks for the awesome update. The new EQ is very transparent and nice as well. Haven't compared it to the DMG Audio curves yet but will do at some time. I do notice the harmonic distortion though.. or whatever nonlinearities are going on. They are subtle but noticeable. The unit being slightly "bright" even when everything is set to flat. Anybody wanting to hear this tonality change only needs to insert something like 10 copies of the plugin in series and you start to really hear the effect.

Cheers!
bManic
Glad you feel the same about the new EQ.

To me, it's without a doubt one of the best native mastering equalizer plugin. Clearly in the same league as my beloved UAD Massive Passive, IMHO.

I'm glad IK keep improving with each release. Please continue to deliver, it's worth it !

Ahh interesting. Enhancements are always welcome :D

lotus2035 wrote:How do we re-install the new versions again? I seem to remember it was "restore my gear" in the custom shop but when I click that it keeps bringing me to the "My Gear" page. A bug?
You should simply need to install the latest version of T-RackS in your IK User Area which it seems you have done, and you'll have the latest version of everything.

This Sontec emulation is now my new favorite Native eq. Izotope Ozone's eq is still a beast but I give the edge to IK's 432 for Native eq's I've tried and which I prefer sonicly. I still favour SCOPE dsp platform's dNa hybrid stereoeq the most but IK's is definitely amongs the best imo, and is definitely my new favorite Native eq. This Sontec emulation was the perfect addition to T-Racks and addresses the Mastering side of T-racks wich is what T-Racks was originally designed for. Very clean, smooth and open sounding eq. And ofcourse IK's cheap prices and no dongle give them more then the edge over competition for people like me. IKM and Izotope are definitely top-dogs in Native-land IMV. And as time passes their price,flexibility, algorithm improvements, all-in-one-plugin-concept ratio becomes more and more beastly. Peter you guys at IKM have definitely turned into Mad Scientists somewhere down the line at IK. Great job with this latest 432 eq! I have left over credits so I will be buying it. I hope IKM do change their no-resale policy cause if they do I'm sure I'd buy a lot more from you when my current credits run out.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:How do we re-install the new versions again? I seem to remember it was "restore my gear" in the custom shop but when I click that it keeps bringing me to the "My Gear" page. A bug?
You should simply need to install the latest version of T-RackS in your IK User Area which it seems you have done, and you'll have the latest version of everything.
Ok thanks, it's just that I expected to see an installation of the plugins aside from the main custom shop install and I didn't so I couldn't be sure if the plug-ins were in fact updated. Now to scrounge together the money for that new EQ. :)

Thanks, T-RackS Custom Shop (the installer you find in your User Area) is a combination of both T-RackS and Custom Shop but also installs the "single" versions so they are more readily available. More in this video on the Custom Shop changes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_u48xAEm3A

Peter - the main website says the 432 is at a special introductory price - does that mean it's going to be more than 240 credits in the near future?

Paulnz wrote:Peter - the main website says the 432 is at a special introductory price - does that mean it's going to be more than 240 credits in the near future?
It should be 120 credits/$149.99/€119.99 now (not 240, FYI) but yes it is a special introductory price.

Peter, any response on the large cash, credit disparity?
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

I installed the new Tracks CS and it seems harmless, greatly improved!
The video you posted Peter and other users experiences helped a lot.
It auto-magically updated my white, black,670 and classics to version 4.5.
Without going into the Custom Shop (eg clicking the CS button on a plugin) it seems a little similar to Waves installer except Custom Shop installs all plugins while Waves allows selection of individual plugins. I would rate CS easier in comparison.
Custom Shop seems a lot simpler now - great!
Now on to the sound...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Paulnz wrote:Peter - the main website says the 432 is at a special introductory price - does that mean it's going to be more than 240 credits in the near future?
It should be 120 credits/$149.99/€119.99 now (not 240, FYI) but yes it is a special introductory price.
Any more details on this? i.e. The standard price and when it kicks in?

And... that's it. I won't buy anything from IKM anymore.

Prices are now a total ripoff. Modules that formerly cost 80EUR + VAT (in gear credits, 120 credits) now cost 99EUR + VAT. I'm curious what will happen to 5 Credits modules (microphones) which are about 4EUR + VAT (roughly 4,80 EUR) after the final switch to "regular money" again. 10 EUR + VAT per module? And still no "clean/transparent" preamp/cabinet.

Way of an inflation - and actually worse than what Microsoft did with their switch from micro-transactions to regular money.

Furthermore, there is still not a "get everything" function for T-Racks. "Grande" could at least be updated every half year or so - like Waves does, and then includes stuff that was released within the last year or so. But we're talking about IKM, not Waves. And the "packs" are useless to me, since the "British Bundle" doesn't feature the NEVE 33603 (I don't want another SSL!), and the "Vintage Comp" bundle includes both Opto and the Fairchild on top of the LA2A/1176 - but I have the former two already.

There is no custom bundle discount pricing. Either - just "take it or leave it".

The only price that remained stable, was ARC. Even the AT3 bundles rose in price - only to be "slashed" for the Group Buy. Not to mention that these Group Buys mostly make it impossible to sell tools at a later state.

Sorry - as long as I'm an IKM user by now... I'm now looking at different places. No matter how much IKM improves the code or whatever. All news good and fine - but an actual price raise(!) on their tools that have issues in Wavelab, can't even be oversampled (internally, mostly) and now also change the "sound" drastically the harder you drive your material?

Enough... The competition isn't standing still - thankfully.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

What benefits does a 'Mastering' EQ have over any other EQ out there? What sets it apart?

Usually, when I hear the term 'Mastering' I think of taking a group of songs and getting their 'sound' balanced between one another for inclusion as/on an album... to make it one cohesive unit.

Oh some suggestions for IKM... For both the Amplitube and T-Racks Custom Shops -- an option to buy remaining items in store that you don't own in some kind of discount bundle.

Many of us, I'm assuming here (yikes), have piece-mealed from various A3 and T-R collections.. so an option to buy what is left versus having to buy individual packages (and thus paying for duplicates) would be valuable.. especially if you can swing a 10-20% discount in doing so!

Other suggestion.. please consider including more plugins in the 'Grand' package. I also think IKM needs some kind of 'Master' bundle for all of the T-Racks plugins now and in the future. Buy once, get all (or at least most).

Return to “Effects”