What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Image-Line 64bit Plugins

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian
 
1334 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:32 pm Re:

artificial wrote:Thank you so much for the 64bit versions of your plugins! :)

+1

Been looking forward to this for some time.

BIG THANKS
KVRer
 
23 posts since 28 Jan, 2009

Postby Valimesh; Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 pm Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

All I really need is a 64 bit FL Studio.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2623 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:04 pm Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

Numanoid wrote:Now also DirectWave :tu:


Where? The IL dowload page ( http://www.image-line.com/downloads/downloads.html ) only displays the 32 bit version.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2849 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:26 pm Re:

breakmixer wrote:
Image-Line wrote:
breakmixer wrote:I will now take back what I previously said about the 'free lifetime updates' being not true in another older thread, but I have not had an email with this information, you are sending them out I hope?


Yes we will be sending out a Newsletter in the next few weeks.

Why did you say LFU were a crock?

Regards Scott


Because a thread about non tranfering licenses because IL offer 'Free Lifetime Updates', because I had never heard of any of the plugins getting updated(bug fixes etc even). I thought this(FLU's) only applied to your host software. I felt like you released plugins as is and never touched them again. I own licenses for Drummax, Harmless, Toxic Biohazard and Vocodex btw.

So I take back what I said, even though I don't use 64bit(yet) - you are future proofing your plugins for all customers...


Most IL stuff is mediocre in my view, not to mention ugly and overpriced. 64-bit doesn't change anything about that. I wish they really updated plugins, adding features, improving the sound engine, reducing CPU load (Sawer comes to mind), etc. Even Arturia do that with their ancient plugins from time to time. I assume IL still have that horrible patch manager, hated that thing...

I have several IL plugins as well, unfortunately. But I never use them, uninstalled all things IL a long time ago. Sawer seemed OK, but there is freeware today that sounds better and uses less CPU. If I could swap Sawer for Poizone I would not mind, should have bought Poizone back then, has a nice GUI at least.
That whole life-time free update thingy is more of a marketing bait than a blessing because you are stuck with IL stuff even if you don't want it anymore. It's like getting married without there being the possibility of getting divorced 8)
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2181 posts since 3 Aug, 2003, from Narnia
 

Postby Andywanders; Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:38 pm Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

I wish Drumaxx was 64 bit. I used to love playing around with that. I could get lost in it for hours, just tweaking and experimenting - yeah, not always the most productive thing to do, but lots of fun.

Maybe one day ;)
User avatar
KVRAF
 
7602 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:16 am Re: Re:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Most IL stuff is mediocre in my view, not to mention ugly and overpriced. 64-bit doesn't change anything about that. I wish they really updated plugins, adding features, improving the sound engine, reducing CPU load (Sawer comes to mind), etc. Even Arturia do that with their ancient plugins from time to time. I assume IL still have that horrible patch manager, hated that thing...

I have several IL plugins as well, unfortunately. But I never use them, uninstalled all things IL a long time ago. Sawer seemed OK, but there is freeware today that sounds better and uses less CPU. If I could swap Sawer for Poizone I would not mind, should have bought Poizone back then, has a nice GUI at least.
That whole life-time free update thingy is more of a marketing bait than a blessing because you are stuck with IL stuff even if you don't want it anymore. It's like getting married without there being the possibility of getting divorced 8)

So you haven't tried Harmor then?
Racing the clouds home
User avatar
KVRAF
 
7602 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:18 am Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

SODDI wrote:Where? The IL dowload page ( http://www.image-line.com/downloads/downloads.html ) only displays the 32 bit version.

Good point, but it says so in the KVR news announcement?: http://www.kvraudio.com/news/image-line ... -bit-25057
Racing the clouds home
User avatar
Beware the Quoth
 
21190 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:28 am Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

Andywanders wrote:I wish Drumaxx was 64 bit. I used to love playing around with that. I could get lost in it for hours, just tweaking and experimenting - yeah, not always the most productive thing to do, but lots of fun.

Maybe one day ;)


There was an x64 beta somewhere on their site last year (via a forums post). Think it might still be there.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
User avatar
Mr KVR
 
1152 posts since 22 Oct, 2000, from Newport Pagnell, UK
 

Postby Ben [KVR]; Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:23 am Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

Numanoid wrote:
SODDI wrote:Where? The IL dowload page ( http://www.image-line.com/downloads/downloads.html ) only displays the 32 bit version.

Good point, but it says so in the KVR news announcement?: http://www.kvraudio.com/news/image-line ... -bit-25057


The installer contains the 64-bit version too.
KVRAF
 
2273 posts since 4 Mar, 2004, from Portugal (Lagos)
 

Postby Ja.x; Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:04 am Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

Any 64 plans for Drummaxx?
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2849 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:16 am Re: Re:

Numanoid wrote:So you haven't tried Harmor then?


No, it is an advanced version of Harmless, which I have, but never liked, sterile cold sound somehow...
And why would I buy even more IL stuff that I can never get rid of anymore? I still have a FL and 3 plugin licenses, 200+ bucks wasted...
User avatar
Beware the Quoth
 
21190 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:18 am Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

Ja.x wrote:Any 64 plans for Drummaxx?


<cough>

viewtopic.php?p=5655155#p5655155

;)
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRAF
 
2273 posts since 4 Mar, 2004, from Portugal (Lagos)
 

Postby Ja.x; Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:22 am Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

whyterabbyt wrote:
Ja.x wrote:Any 64 plans for Drummaxx?


<cough>

viewtopic.php?p=5655155#p5655155

;)


We aren't supposed to read every post in the thread, are we :oops: ?

:hihi:
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.
User avatar
Beware the Quoth
 
21190 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:27 am Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

Ja.x wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Ja.x wrote:Any 64 plans for Drummaxx?


<cough>

viewtopic.php?p=5655155#p5655155

;)


We aren't supposed to read every post in the thread, are we :oops: ?

:hihi:


clearly not mine. :cry:

:lol:
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRAF
 
2683 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:21 am Re: Image-Line 64bit Plugins

The NFR thing has a lot to do with keeping me from buying. I do still watch them though and a couple I think I might consider buying during some 'stupid deal'. I have seen three hit that and ended up deciding against them though, even at $30.00 they seemed not quite special enough to warrant the price. There's only two I really consider at this point of being worth having and only one I may get during a stupid sale. The confusion of whether it really is 64 bit or 32 bit keeps me only watching for more definitives on DirectWave, no sale yet.
Oddly enough, the last Steinberg sale got me to try PadShopPro and Dark City and not only did I not buy them, but finally removed their demos and the last of the IL demos I had on my system.
They seem like nice VIs, but overpriced.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments