33%
Diva
41%
Spire
25%

Total votes: 135

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I'm looking to get my next vst and i've got my eye on these 3, I'm not a big fan of presets but i also dont like having to fiddle for an hour just to get a decent sound, so i was wondering if i could have some opinions on which of these would be best and why? The style i'm looking at making mainly is modern punchy-bassy sort of trance, heres an example track of what i'm interested in:
https://soundcloud.com/twilightmusic/tw ... igher-mind

These are considerably different from each other, IMO. What sound exactly are you looking for?
Fernando (FMR)

I'd wait for DUNE 2 and then make your choice after trying the demos.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:I'd wait for DUNE 2 and then make your choice after trying the demos.
Are you a beta-tester?

As for the OP, I would recommend to test-drive all three and see what you like the most.

Synthmaster has arguably the best sounding supersaw patches I've ever come across in any synth (I have Ayin Zahev expansion which I highly recommend), but it uses insane CPU for that. Really, much more than Spire or Diva. It also has the most tonal variety of the three.

Diva and Spire are much easier to program than Synthmaster. Diva has much more "warmth" and "presence" in its sound than Spire, the latter tends to sound harsh and thin sometimes. On the other hand, Spire sounds more "modern", the kind of sound I associate with modern transe.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

IMO non of the three for the most part of the "Twilight - Higher Mind". Most of the sound is "cold digital" which I think NI Massive would do it for you. It comes with many presets and programming it is not that difficult.
For the analog part, I think Diva is a great synth if you have a good cpu. Otherwise there are really so many good choices (including Spire, SynthMaster, DCAM Squad, Dune, Retroloque, Sylenth1, Monark ...etc.) Although I read somewhere that many EDM producers prefer this combo (Massive + Sylenth1), but no rules whatsever especially if you want to program your sounds.

recursive one wrote:
Karten wrote:I'd wait for DUNE 2 and then make your choice after trying the demos.
Are you a beta-tester?
Yes.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Spire for that sort of sounds suits best, because it's made for that market, yeah you can make your f(((ing "warm" sounds with it too, but I can make "warm" sound with my refrigerator too, though for some reason it isn't my go to machine for "warm" sounds, hm wonder why :scared: .
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Listening to the music you posted, I'd probably go for Spire, but if a DUNE 2 release is not too far away it may be worth the while and try that one too.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

One synth for all... this will not work. Spire is good for trance (Virus like modern VA sound) but Diva is good for analog (bass) sound (Minimoog). Many trance guys using also FXpansion Strobe for this analog bass...

to chuck another one in...

http://karmafx.net/?id=1

An excellent choice for punchy psytrance type sounds
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I find Diva to be the most CPU eating of the three. Synthmaster gives you more range of sounds, especially for the price. And you can load your own samples and waveforms into it for further expansion. I never lighted up to Spire, so I can't recommend it, especially since you can only have the waves it gives you. But in those 'closed' type synths, since someone suggested Massive, you might look at Z3ta+2 also. Especially if you can pick them up used or during a sale.

Out of the three though, for your particular use, I vote SynthMaster.

I own Diva and Synthmaster2.
Diva is as awesome as most people regularly state. Almost a must have vsti.
Synthmaster has a good sound, but the gui is uninspiring and I hardly use it for that reason.

recursive one wrote:
Are you a beta-tester?
Promise not to sell sound banks for Dune 2 and your opinion will carry much weight :roll:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

I have Spire and Synthmaster, and have tried Diva. Spire is really great. Wide range of sounds, and well supported by the makers. Synthmaster is the same except as many mention the interface is just a mess. With a facelift this might attract more customers. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong at all with the way it sounds.

Diva is a CPU hog...but has great analog sounds. I have enough other synths (Arturia, Korg, etc.) that Diva emulates so that I am not concerned (YET) with owning it. Though if they get the CPU thing under control, I may dump them all for Diva.

I like Dune, and I own Antidote (a RE in Reason) and it is fantastic! So Dune 2 might be very much worth a look when it hits!

For trance stuff I'd rather choose Spire. Synthmaster and Diva are great if you want to make all kind of sounds, no matter which music style...

I chose Spire, not because its better per se, but for your time of music I'd say it'd dot the trick. Good for bass and pads, etc.

Diva rocks for analog emulation and does kicking bass as well.

But if you want modern bass then why not take a look at Tone2's Nemesis as well. It's class also.

Synthmaster is a great all rounder. Great for pads, organs strings, SFX but not too heavy in the bass department imo.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”