Released-"The Ambient Zebra" for Zebra 2

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Just got this and some nice sounds but why are all patches in 2.3 mode?

Thanks aMUSEd,

Very glad you like the presets. :)

A lot of work went into the completion of Ambient Zebra.
In fact, it took over a year to complete.

Since the project began over a year ago, many were started in 2.3.
ALL the presets were completed in 2.7.

Thanks again for the feedback! :)

I think Zebra has been at version 2.5 since 2009 though - it's just if you switch them to 2.5 mode you can hear how much better many of them sound so I don't know why you didn't just do that or why they are all in 2.3 mode.

aMUSEd wrote:...why they are all in 2.3 mode.
You seem to have missed something, let me clarify.

(look at the previous post)
Feel free to email at support if you have further questions.

PatchAdamz wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:...why they are all in 2.3 mode.
You seem to have missed something, let me clarify.

I didn't miss that, I'm not questioning that you finished them in 2.7, I'm just trying to understand why when you did that you didn't make use of 2.7's features - if they are running in 2.3 mode they are still using the older filter models for example - why limit yourself to the old XMFs etc?

The most current release, 2.7 does not degrade the quality of previous releases as implied.
The majority of factory presets in the 2.7 from the manufacturer are from version 2.3 (no quality lost).

ALL of the presets in Ambient Zebra were completed in Version 2.7 (many started) and many use the new modules.
I have PMed you and feel free to PM me also if you want to further discuses the history of U-he Updates. :)

No it's OK this is my last post on this, I just wanted to be clear because I'm not sure how you can be using all the new features of the updated modules if you are in 2.3 mode:

From the Zebra manual:
Right-clicking on the display lets you toggle between normal 2.5 (and later) and 2.3 com- patibility modes (in which case ‘2.3’ will appear in the righthand side of the display). If you’re editing a 2.3 preset, please note that this mode does not support the more recent features and improvements. Note also that the sound can change when you switch over to 2.5 (recommended anyway!), mainly due to the improved ‘XMF’ module.
So it's not a case of "degraded" quality - I didn't imply any such thing, the older patches still sound great, just that you are limiting yourself to what the pre 2.5 Zebra could do which seemed an unusual decision for a modern bank. If it was a conscious design choice - maybe you prefer the older filters - just say, I don't know why you want to discuss this privately. I'm not flaming you, just curious and I will probably be going through the whole bank and switching to the new mode and seeing if it makes a difference - if it does I'll be resaving them anyway.

aMUSEd wrote:
So it's not a case of "degraded" quality.... the older patches still sound great,
Exactly, and the collection includes both newest and older technology.
BOTH have aesthetic advantages and sound great.

Return to “Soundware”