What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Kirk Hunter Group Buy: NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

3124 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern California

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:13 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Bargain Center Update

I'm glad this group buy has been successful.

In the future, an improved business model might include periodic sale pricing on selected libraries during peak sales periods such as Black Friday, Holidays, etc.

Many vendors/devs do this on a routine/regular basis to boost profits and engender good will with new and existing customers (including pre-release discounts on new instruments/libraries for existing customers, etc.), resulting in greater public awareness and product exposure.

I know this is not news to anyone, but I haven't noticed any special sales from KH other than a couple of group buys. If there have been other sales, I don't think I was aware of any.
KVRian

1275 posts since 4 Dec, 2002, from Earth

Postby eDrummist; Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:16 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Musical Gym wrote:Bargain Center Update

I'm glad this group buy has been successful.

In the future, an improved business model might include periodic sale pricing on selected libraries during peak sales periods such as Black Friday, Holidays, etc.

Many vendors/devs do this on a routine/regular basis to boost profits and engender good will with new and existing customers (including pre-release discounts on new instruments/libraries for existing customers, etc.), resulting in greater public awareness and product exposure.

I know this is not news to anyone, but I haven't noticed any special sales from KH other than a couple of group buys. If there have been other sales, I don't think I was aware of any.

Kirk has done sales. But once a year or so, he does a big Group Buy that we team up on that gives people the biggest discounts possible and he gives his regular customers an extra discount to reward them for their loyalty. He also provides regular customers with loyalty discounts on additional purchases on a regular basis.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

eDrummist wrote:He also provides regular customers with loyalty discounts on additional purchases on a regular basis.
Good to know, thanks.
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:56 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

So, how is everyone enjoying their new libraries? Share your thoughts for others to see.
KVRian

619 posts since 11 Jun, 2004, from London

Postby Kraznet; Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:02 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

I'm having an problem with Spotlight strings. When I load a patch it only responds the first time I play it. Then it becomes silent. So it's rather frustrating as I can't really use them. Kirk is looking at the issue.
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:39 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Kraznet wrote:I'm having an problem with Spotlight strings. When I load a patch it only responds the first time I play it. Then it becomes silent. So it's rather frustrating as I can't really use them. Kirk is looking at the issue.

I'm confident Kirk will get you sorted. Keep us updated and let us know what you think once you're up and running.
KVRer

27 posts since 15 Sep, 2012, from Manitoba, Canada

Postby chibear; Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:51 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

I'm in the process of the Looooooong download of CS2, but have had SSS and CB2 for a few weeks now and have posted a few examples here. I'm loving it all. They offer a flexibility I have not experienced in any of the other libraries As an example, the variation of horn articulations I was able to use in my 'Bleeding Fingers' submission would only have been possible in my other libraries with layering in a multi-timbral. Beyond this I've been experimenting with assigning CC#s to various settings for even more realistically articulated instruments. Great Stuff!!
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft jBridge User. Kontakt 5, Miroslav, EWQL. http://soundcloud.com/clyde-lindman
KVRian

1016 posts since 14 Mar, 2013, from Germany

Postby CableChannel; Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

OK so first I tried out Solo Strings 1 and I am very disappointed with it. :? :( I discovered bugs and inconsistencies by the minute. I surely didn't expect such an immature product since it was advertised as a bestseller. But there are missing samples, very abrupt and bad velocity and vibrato layer fades, even missing layers, and all notes I play stop after a couple of seconds. Sorry, I would rather throw this thing right out of the window, very very disappointed. Well it was only 40$, but a bestseller shouldn't be that bad! :evil: :cry:

Hope I have better luck with Concert Brass. :scared:
|
|
| Win7 64 bit | Cubase7.0.6 64 bit
|
KVRian

1276 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:57 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

i've been playing with the three libraries i got (SSS, CS2, CB2) all evening yesterday. i lost count how many times i had a smile on my face. i encountered some phasing issues in Concert Brass (8-player trombones playing at full blast in particular) but i assume that's how real brass sounds as well, and i can kinda soften that with reverb, so no biggie. overall i'm extremely pleased with the sound AND versatility. exactly what i wanted.
From Russia with love
KVRian

Postby CableChannel; Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:27 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

What I noticed now with both CB2 and SS1: the Modwheel faded layers (brightness in case of CB2, vibrato in case of SS1) only blend well when you start from a velocity around 64. If you play a very quiet/dark/nonvibrato note with a velocity of 30 and then you try to blend in more loudness/brightness or vibrato via Modwheel it sounds artificial and/or levels are jumpy.

Edit: For brass brightness, a lowpass filter in addition to layer fading works well, but unfortunately it isn't included in CB2.
|
|
|
KVRian

915 posts since 25 Sep, 2002

Postby don1thedon; Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:40 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Kraznet wrote:I'm having an problem with Spotlight strings. When I load a patch it only responds the first time I play it. Then it becomes silent. So it's rather frustrating as I can't really use them. Kirk is looking at the issue.

Kraznet, I had a similar issue with the demo some weeks ago it was a problem with the authorisation process so I'm afraid Kirk will have to resolve it for you (it will be worth the wait though)
KVRian

619 posts since 11 Jun, 2004, from London

Postby Kraznet; Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:49 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Kraznet, I had a similar issue with the demo some weeks ago it was a problem with the authorisation process so I'm afraid Kirk will have to resolve it for you (it will be worth the wait though)

Thanks I had a feeling it would be the copy protection causing problems. I followed all the steps in the PDF. Although it is a rather weird and convoluted copy protection scheme so I'm not surprised it's a bit flaky.I bought CS2 during the previous group buy and that doesn't have any copy protection. It's a shame that it can't be as simple as that. But I understand that Kirk needs to protect his work. So we have to accept that as legitimate users have to pay the price for the inconvenience due to the proliferation of non-legit users.
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:54 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

CableChannel wrote:OK so first I tried out Solo Strings 1 and I am very disappointed with it. :? :( I discovered bugs and inconsistencies by the minute. I surely didn't expect such an immature product since it was advertised as a bestseller. But there are missing samples, very abrupt and bad velocity and vibrato layer fades, even missing layers, and all notes I play stop after a couple of seconds. Sorry, I would rather throw this thing right out of the window, very very disappointed. Well it was only 40$, but a bestseller shouldn't be that bad! :evil: :cry:

Clearly something is wrong (missing samples, layers, notes that stop after a couple of seconds, etc.). Are you sure you downloaded everything? Solo Strings has been out for several years, has thousands of satisfied customers and received positive reviews from publications like Sound on Sound. Email Kirk and he'll help you resolve the problems; you listed enough issues that you can be assured the library is not operating properly.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:13 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

eDrummist wrote:Solo Strings has been out for several years, has thousands of satisfied customers and received positive reviews from publications like Sound on Sound.
Speaking of reviews, I searched for reviews of Concert Strings II and kept coming up with the same review by soundsandgear on various websites. It was more like a tutorial since the reviewer didn't really express very much of an opinion. I'm looking for the most recent reviews if someone has links. I checked at KH studios in the Testimonials section, but not much mention of CS 2 specifically, although CS was mentioned and also Strings in general. Some of the composers only had their biographies posted with no testimonial (only "").
Last edited by Musical Gym on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRian

Postby CableChannel; Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:15 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

eDrummist wrote:
CableChannel wrote:OK so first I tried out Solo Strings 1 and I am very disappointed with it. :? :( I discovered bugs and inconsistencies by the minute. I surely didn't expect such an immature product since it was advertised as a bestseller. But there are missing samples, very abrupt and bad velocity and vibrato layer fades, even missing layers, and all notes I play stop after a couple of seconds. Sorry, I would rather throw this thing right out of the window, very very disappointed. Well it was only 40$, but a bestseller shouldn't be that bad! :evil: :cry:

Clearly something is wrong (missing samples, layers, notes that stop after a couple of seconds, etc.). Are you sure you downloaded everything? Solo Strings has been out for several years, has thousands of satisfied customers and received positive reviews from publications like Sound on Sound. Email Kirk and he'll help you resolve the problems; you listed enough issues that you can be assured the library is not operating properly.

Thanks for your reply. I had a broken zip file after my first download attempt, but the second try was ok (at least the zip file was not corrupt). I will download it again just to see if that changes something. If not than I'll contact Kirk.
|
|
|
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)