Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

D.J. wrote:
I downloaded it from the link posted here a few days ago. Is the one you downloaded a different build, perhaps? Can you post the direct link to that one?
Here, plugins & presets :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/80yioc2e7f4qp ... x.zip?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqmn9z2p566ty ... s.zip?dl=1
Bonsoir D.J.
Hi D.J.

Il y avait d'autres liens dans ton post ?
There were other links in your post ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
arkmabat wrote:How did I miss this Synth?!?!! :D :D :D
Because it's new.
:D :D :D
This thread with the first version started around 7 months ago... :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

BlackWinny wrote:
arkmabat wrote:How did I miss this Synth?!?!! :D :D :D
Because it's new. :D :D :D
Because it's too small. :P

But the sounds are definitely usable. I'm not as enthusiastic as some other guys here but it's one of the better free synths, for sure.

mind = blown

this was awesome! :love:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
mind = blown

this was awesome! :love:
The download of 17 patches is available at the Soundcloud link.
Have not played with those patches yet.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

They used so many effects on that demo that it is not very useful in my view...

fluffy_little_something wrote:They used so many effects on that demo that it is not very useful in my view...
Please not that discussion again...
We had that every time i posted demos with using FXs, even if i also publushed a version of the track without at the same time.

Is it officially forbidden to use FXs with OBXD?

That track above seems to be done by professional musicians so i do not expect that they post dry examples. Anyway they also posted 17 patches at the corresponding Soundcloud page so you could check those yourself.

This is from the official description of OBXD in the KVR database:
... Also, like many synths of the OB-X's generation, the Obxd has no internal effects so its sounds and textures can be greatly enhanced by the use of additional processing like chorus, reverb, delay, etc.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:They used so many effects on that demo that it is not very useful in my view...
We had that every time i posted demos with using FXs, even if i also publushed a version of the track without at the same time.

That track above seems to be done by professional musicians so i do not expect that they post dry examples. Anyway theey also posted 17 patches at the corresponding soundcloud page so you could check those yourself.

Ingo

the point is, the synth itself doesnt have any FX, so you* are trying to show of the synths raw sound. Drowning stuff in reverb and delay detracts from the sound IMO...a little goes a long way :wink:

*anyone making an audio demo

Ingonator wrote:

That track above seems to be done by professional musicians so i do not expect that they post dry examples. Anyway they also posted 17 patches at the corresponding Soundcloud page so you could check those yourself.

Ingo
sure he used effects, but the character and dynamics of the oscillators and filter still cut through. and yes, ingo i was happy to see they have a dl link. i snatched it up :D
Last edited by layzer on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ingonator wrote:

Ingo
I don't remember demos of yours...
I am not saying that some of those sounds in the demo do not sound impressive (though hardly any are to my liking), all I am saying is that they could have used any decent synth for that demo, one could not tell the difference because of all the effects...

Kriminal wrote: the point is, the synth itself doesnt have any FX, so you* are trying to show of the synths raw sound. Drowning stuff in reverb and delay detracts from the sound IMO...a little goes a long way :wink:

*anyone making an audio demo
So far with the few demos i posted i also included versions without FXs. The last time you commented you seemed to overlook that my comment there was releated to the dry audio demo.

The synth is free and the patches too so if needed people could also check the raw sound themselves. Besides that my demos were no official product demos. My demos i do for commercial projects like the last Nemesis soundset usually are submitted dry.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
I don't remember demos of yours...
You could check the last one and the following discussion here.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... start=1575

PS:
FWIW i just started to participate in a new commercial sound design project so additional patches for OBXD could take a little time.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Yeah, go and make some money for a change :D
And don't worry about new patches, there are 500+ already, I assume we have it all covered by now :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yeah, go and make some money for a change :D
And don't worry about new patches, there are 500+ already, I assume we have it all covered by now :)
Thanks for your interest in my work... :wink:
Ingo Weidner

I'd just like to thank the developer and all others who helped, for making such a good-looking, good-sounding piece of freeware; I remember the start of this thread, and keeping my fingers crossed that this wouldn't end up unfinished and abandoned,
since some seemed underwhelmed at first. Yet, second looks were taken, chances were given, good things happened, hooray!

Anyhoo, would love to see Obxd for an upcoming OSC! :party:
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Return to “Instruments”