New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

[quote="hibidy"]The other thing is that since I downloaded the new version is now ALL the custom shop stuff shows up even if I haven't purchased it.[/quote]
This is very annoying! I do not want extra clutter on my system, I now have to stop work and go and erase all the unauthorized plugins in my plugin folders. :x :x :x
Very bad behaviour Ik!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:120 credits is also part of the introductory pricing, so again I'd go with whatever gets you the best deal in your currency while you can. I hope that explains it enough, it seems like we're beating a dead horse here as the 1:1 pricing based on the euro pricing, the bulk discount you get for credits, etc have been explained. We could remove the option to get a better price for it if you'd like?
:?

Anyways, I think it's a fair question, I haven't seen it explained even though it's been asked.

Finally I'm not the only one finding the "new price politics" kind of strange.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Finally I'm not the only one finding the "new price politics" kind of strange.
Well, regardless of that, I haven't tested in S1 yet but it works nicely in live 9.1.1

I find it quite a bit more pleasant than the NI "passive" eq. I'm not sure why. I don't get all the under the hood voodoo of why one eq sounds different to me than others. Haven't read the manual yet, but do not understand the top left knob. I thought this was a LPF but adjusting it to the right adds brightness....pleasant to my ears. Any explanation of this? Is it because I haven't researched it against the hardware?

Sounds very nice on guitars btw imho.

@Latency: I don't really understand what some people are talking about but PDC in live means I can play with this with a guitar input and it's fine. Please explain to me why with PDC this would be of concern to someone.

Oh, I forgot.

Even on my 4770 it's obviously a hungry little bugger :D

The top left knob is a high shelf, and the one under it is the low shelf, with a switch for 50 or 100hz.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Oh. Well, what the f..k was I thinking?

I guess I should read the manual :roll:

b15fliptop wrote:The top left knob is a high shelf, and the one under it is the low shelf, with a switch for 50 or 100hz.
Yup, a 10K shelf.

Compyfox wrote:Finally I'm not the only one finding the "new price politics" kind of strange.
Two users had explained why a bulk discount on gear credits existed, and I've explained the pricing clearly (including introductory pricing). It should make sense now, it doesn't seem strange at all when presented in black and white (or whatever the text colors are at KVR on whichever day you read this). If any of it didn't make sense you can use the multiple methods of contact available on our site to see if someone can explain it more clearly: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/ ... IKForm.php

Edit - and I apologize that I didn't get to clarify that no prices were raised for the group buy or in T-RackS (in fact AmpliTube Fender was LOWERED, as were multiple T-RackS models recently, respectively) as you had stated in your post a bit back.

:?

Anyways, though I get the impression it means nothing, I think this is a nice plug so far. Seems to work well in Live x64 and S1x64 (just got through putting it on all my projects, which admittedly are not many in S1)

Another question, the volume knob is not supposed to have mousewheel support?

hibidy wrote:Oh. Well, what the f..k was I thinking?

I guess I should read the manual :roll:
Haha, hib, definitely read the manual on this one - it's genuinely one of the classics of mastering EQ, this is a FANTASTIC emulation of it imo and it does the thing it's supposed to do (both in terms of best-used-as-subtle careful parametric EQ tone shaping, and imparting a certain character that displays itself across multiple tracks - meaning, they sound mastered, provided the right ears are on the job).

With stuff like this, and non-emulated gear that takes good advantage of digital workspace to produce similarly high quality results, I think we're not so many years after all away from digital losing the last really big stigma it has - already mastering houses are integrating digital gear, people move to what works, not to what is argued to be hypothetically better on forums, hehe.

Though I think there will continue to be a need for analog gear in mastering for vinyl as long as it's a thing, just an opinion. Not because it's better, but because it's different. The Fairchild 670, AKA the one piece of vintage hardware I would have weird chimera half-human, half-machine children with if only the state would recognize our right to love one another, was amazingly ahead of its time in terms of being the last thing before the cutter. These days it gets used for its character more than anything else, and granted, it has a lot of great character to offer... but it used to be made to solve ALL of the problems that present themselves when producing a vinyl master. I don't think that digital tools are quite as capable of handling the vinyl medium at that last stage, though I do obviously get that we're not beholden to just Fairchild 600-series processors anymore, things have opened up wide over the last fifty - hell, fifteen! FIVE! - years. I just don't run out of nice things to say about the Fairchild, it's glorious. As Dave put it in a bit of greatly appreciated private correspondence that he gave me permission to talk about nonetheless: "The Fairchild is a law unto itself." Hell yeah :love:

I know why I thought it. Because the little icon resembles a LPF. That's not the universal sign of "shelf"

That's what this is:

Maybe the hardware is this way but in fact, the symbols for shelf or pass are clearly listed here. This IK plug looks like a PF imo.

I saw at the beginning of this thread that there was going to be a change to custom shop that would please some of the naysayers (myself included).

What was / is the improvement?

As for this plugin I am not too interested, mainly due to having EQuilibrium which has sontec curves in and far more options for using them. I can't see the point in imposing detented controls in a plugin as the only reason for doing so in hardware is for recall and durability which are simply not relevant in software.

Now, Peter please start annoying the IK team to produce an API2500 emulation as I have noticed there are plenty beside myself that would snap it up hehe!. I would even happily wade through the CS quagmire if there was a 2500 at the end of it! :)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Edit - and I apologize that I didn't get to clarify that no prices were raised for the group buy or in T-RackS (in fact AmpliTube Fender was LOWERED, as were multiple T-RackS models recently, respectively) as you had stated in your post a bit back.
Actually, before I say something wrong, you (IKM) have NOW adjusted your prices. If that is part of a deal, I don't know - and to be honest, I don't care anymore either. Because prices and deals/offerings change like IKM is changing socks. I can't keep up anymore.

Prices went down about 20credits each at least. IIRC, White and Black Channel also once cost 160-200 credits!

Here is a screenshot of current pricings - directly snagged off of IKM's page.

But.... it's still hard to believe that the prices are the "same" and fair.

I do remember that both Black and White once cost 120Credits. This ammount of credits is equal to 80EUR (+VAT). Now these devices cost 100credits, which is, funny enough, 80EUR if we go by the lowest gear credits value of 0,80EUR per credit.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... reditslist

But what doesn't want to go into my head is the ignorance to say "if you buy credits you get off cheaper, since 120credits cost you 80EUR compared to buying directly for 80EUR". With the Gear Credit value sheet at 120credits/80EUR being 0,67EUR per credit, you actually pay for a 100credit device only 67EUR(!!!).

That's a whooping 13EUR difference. And you actually save if the VAT comes on top of it.

So... the switch from Credits to actual payment has it's negative side effects - and this is what I've been critisizing from day 1(!) with the credit system. It's a trading card system with unclear/unfair terms. And if you're not paying attention to detail, you pay more than you should if you buy "regulary". Not to mention that it's all in vain if there are constant sales.

This pricing politics just isn't fair/transparent. Users that refuse to buy Gear Credits pay more(!) on the long run. There are no discounts as longtime T-Racks user, there are no fair crossgrade possibilities. Early adopters also bleed for the fence-sitters (lowered prices, group buys, etc).

And you wonder why IK Multimedia is so heavily critisized?
However, that is all drowned in constant praise as soon as there is a "new device"... like "ooooh! Shiney new toy - let's throw my brain out of the window and grab it ASAP!".

Your company's morale lost me months ago, Peter. :shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: This pricing politics just isn't fair/transparent. Users that refuse to buy Gear Credits pay more(!) on the long run. There are no discounts as longtime T-Racks user, there are no fair crossgrade possibilities. Early adopters also bleed for the fence-sitters (lowered prices, group buys, etc).

And you wonder why IK Multimedia is so heavily critisized?
However, that is all drowned in constant praise as soon as there is a "new device"... like "ooooh! Shiney new toy - let's throw my brain out of the window and grab it ASAP!".

Your company's morale lost me months ago, Peter. :shrug:
HDTVs used to cost $25,000 over a decade ago. Now you can buy one that's better for less than $1,000. The same thing goes for Blu-ray players...when they came out in 2006 (2007?) they were $1,000. Now you can buy them for under $100.00

The same thing will go with the XBox One/PlayStation 4. 2-3 years from now they'll be cheaper, you'll be able to buy more games (and some will be dirt cheap because they're "old") and the kinks will be ironed out.

Go look at the price and specs of a Nikon D1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_D1 . 2.7 megapixels is a joke these days. And no doubt the sensor on that thing is noisey. You don't even have to go back that far in time...a Nikon D300 that cost $1,800 for the camera body only in 2008 is on sale on eBay for less than $400.

Slate Digital plugins? I bought all of them when they first came out. All were $200 or more. You can now buy most of them for half the price. Early adopters always pay the most BUT we get to be first kid on the block to play with the new tools/toys.

My point? IK Multimedia is no different from other companies when it comes to pricing.

AudioGuy720 wrote:My point? IK Multimedia is no different from other companies when it comes to pricing.
While I appreciate your larger point, I'm not sure that is quite true. Have there ever been Valhalla or U-He sales? Not looking to pick a fight. I just don't recall any.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Effects”