What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Ben [KVR]
Mr KVR

1177 posts since 22 Oct, 2000, from Newport Pagnell, UK

Postby Ben [KVR]; Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:55 am One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

I've added this to the Market Place rules but I want this headline to be viewable instantly, hence the additional announcement.

Etiquette

Multiple Topics
Do no post multiple topics in this forum. If you have several things to sell or trade (FS/FT) or want to buy (WTB) you must put them in a single topic or wait until one is sold / bought before starting another topic for a different item (to clarify: you may have no more than one active selling and one active want-to-buy topic at a time).

You may reply to your topic to answer a question or announce a change (price drop / item sold / additional item added / etc.) but you may not reply to your topic just to bump it (see below).

When a Sale / WTB has ended
When you have sold everything in your topic, or found whatever you were looking for please don't post a reply to say SOLD, FOUND, etc. If you edit your first post in the topic and edit the subject / title to be SOLD / FOUND / or whatever the appropriate term may be, it will inform anyone visiting the topic that the topic is finished but it won't bump the topic back up the topic list unnecessarily (which would push still active topics further down the list).

If you are selling multiple items in a topic then obviously it is fine to reply stating if one of the items has been sold.

Bumping
You may "bump" your topic no more than once every 48 hours (i.e. replying just to move it up the topic list with a "bump").

Please note that the 48 hours is from the time of the last post in the topic by ANYONE.

You may not get others to bump your topics and you may not bump other members' topics for no good reason.

This is just good manners! Remember, legitimate replies are fine.

Locking Topics
You can lock your topic if you wish.

Trolling / Derailing / Being Helpful in other members' topics
Don't reply to another member's sales topic unless you are truly contributing to it. Don't reply just to be derisive, argumentative or abusive. If you have a genuine insight into the topic post, otherwise move along.

Failure to adhere to these rules may see your topics removed.
Nielzie
KVRAF

4839 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:59 am Re: One selling topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

48 hours seems quite long.. I wouldn't mind one daily bump (24h), it's also easier to follow :)
chk071
KVRAF

2996 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:02 am Re: One selling topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Nielzie wrote:48 hours seems quite long.. I wouldn't mind one daily bump (24h), it's also easier to follow :)

Agreed. Would be cool if that was possible.
Ben [KVR]
Mr KVR

Postby Ben [KVR]; Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:05 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

I've clarified that it this covers want to buy topics too.
Compyfox
KVRAF

11237 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:08 am Re: One selling topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Rules are a tad more strict than Gearslutz - I also vote for 24 hours.

And by your definition, answering Q's or commenting on a particular sale would count as "bump for no good reason". I see a huge issue coming up for moderators - that barely have time to monitor everything else that is going on on KVR.

Also... what if a user wants to sell something, but at the same time looks for something, or "travel buddies", offers services, etc?

I do understand the need for new rules, since some things really went out of hand (still seeing "Paypal gift" requests as well!, or users dropping 20 different threads!). But barely anybody uses the search function, and the thread topic has a character limit as well. So if you do a larger sale, chances are that people don't see it - because they do not use the search function.

And even if they do, they do not necessarily find what they need. Just did that myself a minute ago in other subboard sections, and it gave me everything but what I was looking for.
Ben [KVR]
Mr KVR

Postby Ben [KVR]; Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:11 am Re: One selling topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Compyfox wrote:And by your definition, answering Q's or commenting on a particular sale would count as "bump for no good reason".

Answering a question would be a valid reply, obviously.
Frantz
KVRAF

2669 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:21 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

I wish there were a rule that restricted selling presets to the Market Place forum. In other words, selling presets in the Instruments forum would not be permitted.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
Compyfox
KVRAF

11237 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:10 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

So... is it allowed to have one WTB/Look for and one "sell" thread at the same time?

What if you want to offer a service (like mixing) and sell something off your stock (gear purge) at the same time, but they're completely unrelated?

We don't have a "service" section on KVR - so the most appropriate page is the Market Place currently.
Ben [KVR]
Mr KVR

Postby Ben [KVR]; Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:14 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Forum reorganisation discussion is here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=404182
chokehold
KVRAF

1940 posts since 10 Oct, 2007, from Almanya

Postby chokehold; Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:47 pm Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Wow... 2 days wait to bump... most people will probably have contributed to several other topics by then, and might "lose" their sales thread in the "my forum posts" list.

I can understand that no one likes the 5-minute bumpers, but 2 days does seem a bit harsh.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My free stuff: u-he Satin presets for SD2 Metal Foundry - Black Noh Snare - Tiny Metal Impact - Kriminal's LP SG
samsam
KVRian

1360 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Postby samsam; Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:55 pm Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Nm
tplusj
KVRist

33 posts since 12 May, 2006

Postby tplusj; Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:54 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

I apologize for violating the one topic per user rule; I didn't realize that I was committing a breach of etiquette. My rationale was that listing items separately (or grouping similar items together) and providing comprehensive titles including price would free potential buyers from having to read posts that they weren't interested in. In hindsight, I can see how this behavior might look like an attempt to flood the forum.

Again, I apologize - in the future I will observe the guidelines above.
Trannin
KVRer

20 posts since 23 Feb, 2008

Postby Trannin; Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:27 am Re: One selling topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Nielzie wrote:48 hours seems quite long.. I wouldn't mind one daily bump (24h), it's also easier to follow :)

I have to agree: I think a bump a day is pretty reasonable and waiting 48 hours is too much long.
blob 59
KVRist

68 posts since 19 Oct, 2011, from U.K.

Postby blob 59; Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

i agree 48hours is fine. prolific posters maybe can search the thread if worried post lost amidst posts .

i sort of agree with an earlier poster 's sentiments . multiple posts with item/price can be skipped through at a glance, quicker than clicking through to posts. maybe sticking to a half a dozen limit would save over cluttering?

i'd like posts where sold kept. if they still contain price data they give a useful indicator of the trend in asking price , though obviously not selling price . although harder to interrogate if each item listed not in title of old posts, unless i'm missing something in search feature (more than likely !)
masterhiggins
KVRian

590 posts since 30 Dec, 2004

Postby masterhiggins; Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:12 pm Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Ben [KVR] wrote:Don't reply to another member's sales topic unless you are truly contributing to it. Don't reply just to be derisive, argumentative or abusive. If you have a genuine insight into the topic post, otherwise move along.

So are you allowed to post "it's cheaper on musiciansfriend?"

-Sam
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)