What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Kirk Hunter Group Buy: NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

425 posts since 7 Oct, 2004, from Australia

Postby ftech; Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:09 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

chibear wrote:I'm in the process of the Looooooong download of CS2, but have had SSS and CB2 for a few weeks now and have posted a few examples here. I'm loving it all. They offer a flexibility I have not experienced in any of the other libraries As an example, the variation of horn articulations I was able to use in my 'Bleeding Fingers' submission would only have been possible in my other libraries with layering in a multi-timbral. Beyond this I've been experimenting with assigning CC#s to various settings for even more realistically articulated instruments. Great Stuff!!

I was originally only looking at getting Solo Strings, then after the GB hit 50% maybe Pop Rock, but your 'Another Waltz' demo is making me lean towards Spotlight now.....
It was done entirely with Spotlight Strings? If so, bravo Sir!
KVRer

27 posts since 15 Sep, 2012, from Manitoba, Canada

Postby chibear; Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:49 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

ftech wrote: I was originally only looking at getting Solo Strings, then after the GB hit 50% maybe Pop Rock, but your 'Another Waltz' demo is making me lean towards Spotlight now.....
It was done entirely with Spotlight Strings? If so, bravo Sir!

Thank you! Yes it was done entirely with SSS. I highly recommend the library. In fact I just finished extracting and testing CS2 and am delighted with that also :D

Usually when I buy libraries I discover the things they can't do very quickly (after purchase, of course). With Kirk's philosophy of providing playable instruments to try before you buy there were no surprises or disappointments in these purchases. Money well spent.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft jBridge User. Kontakt 5, Miroslav, EWQL. http://soundcloud.com/clyde-lindman
KVRist

425 posts since 7 Oct, 2004, from Australia

Postby ftech; Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:53 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Very cool!
I would like some more good solo instruments, but would also like some good backing or padding groupings available as well. Your track seems to indicate that both are quite good with Spotlight.
KVRist

432 posts since 13 May, 2004

Postby rasmusklump; Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:52 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

don1thedon wrote:
Kraznet wrote:I'm having an problem with Spotlight strings. When I load a patch it only responds the first time I play it. Then it becomes silent. So it's rather frustrating as I can't really use them. Kirk is looking at the issue.

Kraznet, I had a similar issue with the demo some weeks ago it was a problem with the authorisation process so I'm afraid Kirk will have to resolve it for you (it will be worth the wait though)

I knew why I opted out of the groupbuy when I heard of this new "copy-protection method".
KVRist

432 posts since 13 May, 2004

Postby rasmusklump; Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:57 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Kraznet wrote: Although it is a rather weird and convoluted copy protection scheme so I'm not surprised it's a bit flaky.I bought CS2 during the previous group buy and that doesn't have any copy protection. It's a shame that it can't be as simple as that.

I would habe LOVED to get the Spotlight strings as I am super satisfied with the two KH Libraries I already own, but sadly a manual handled copy protection from an independent developer is no option for me (anyone remember Kjaerhus ?).
KVRian

1275 posts since 4 Dec, 2002, from Earth

Postby eDrummist; Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:01 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

I have an announcement to make on behalf of Kirk Hunter Studios and I think it's great news:

"The copy protection on Spotlight Strings was as an anti-piracy measure intended to slow the damage done by pirates in the introduction of this new library. However, it has become clear from customer feedback that many Kirk Hunter Studios customers felt such protection negatively impacts the user experience and the user experience is our first priority. Consequently, beginning February 24, 2014, Kirk Hunter Studios libraries will no longer require authorization (with the exception of Pop/Rock Strings, which as a KONTAKT Player library, uses Native Instruments' authorization process). "

--- ### ---

Kirk told me that he expects that the updated libraries that do not require authorization should be available tomorrow afternoon (PST).
KVRian

917 posts since 25 Sep, 2002

Postby don1thedon; Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:13 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Great news on the authorisation process, it would not stop me buying but I do understand why it might prevent others buying SS. Good to see Kirk responding to his customers.
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:35 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

rasmusklump wrote:
Kraznet wrote: Although it is a rather weird and convoluted copy protection scheme so I'm not surprised it's a bit flaky.I bought CS2 during the previous group buy and that doesn't have any copy protection. It's a shame that it can't be as simple as that.

I would habe LOVED to get the Spotlight strings as I am super satisfied with the two KH Libraries I already own, but sadly a manual handled copy protection from an independent developer is no option for me (anyone remember Kjaerhus ?).

@Kraznet and @rasmusklump Know that your voices were heard in this decision. Kirk and I specifically discussed your comments as well as that of others. It's tough for independent developers to balance anti-piracy efforts as well as making the user experience as customer friendly as possible. I think Kirk made the right choice and I hope sample buyers will reward Kirk Hunter Studios for taking this step.
KVRist

140 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:50 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

eDrummist wrote:I have an announcement to make on behalf of Kirk Hunter Studios and I think it's great news:

"The copy protection on Spotlight Strings was as an anti-piracy measure intended to slow the damage done by pirates in the introduction of this new library. However, it has become clear from customer feedback that many Kirk Hunter Studios customers felt such protection negatively impacts the user experience and the user experience is our first priority. Consequently, beginning February 24, 2014, Kirk Hunter Studios libraries will no longer require authorization (with the exception of Pop/Rock Strings, which as a KONTAKT Player library, uses Native Instruments' authorization process). "

--- ### ---

Kirk told me that he expects that the updated libraries that do not require authorization should be available tomorrow afternoon (PST).

Please let us know when that actually has happened and they are available, I'm very interested in buying Spotlight after that has actually happened and these updated libraries are in fact downloadable. This has taken away a big reservation I had about getting Spotlight (in addition to Pop-Rock which I did just buy and get).

Thanks!
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:25 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

dbender wrote:Please let us know when that actually has happened and they are available, I'm very interested in buying Spotlight after that has actually happened and these updated libraries are in fact downloadable. This has taken away a big reservation I had about getting Spotlight (in addition to Pop-Rock which I did just buy and get).

Thanks!

@dbender Kirk told me that he expects to have the new version of Spotlight Strings WITHOUT the need to authorize available tomorrow afternoon. Either or Kirk or I will post in this thread when that's done, just check this thread tomorrow afternoon, or, do like I do and set up the Notifications option so that you're notified when there are new posts in this thread.
KVRist

Postby dbender; Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:24 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

thank you edrummist!!
KVRist

Postby dbender; Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:27 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

I earlier posted this in the Pop.Rock Strings forum, but thought I'd post it here too in case anyone can help re: ESA in Pop.Rock Strings, and it's relevant here since I just bought Pop.Rock Strings in the Group Buy ---

####################################################

I just bought Pop/Rock strings.

I didn't get ESA. Can't find it anywhere.

Here's the Instruments folder that resulted from what I downloaded using the download links in the email from Kirk --
http://snag.gy/4FbsC.jpg

This is the GUI I get w/ the TVEC 4 Instruments -- there's no tab at the bottom to select ESA (like there is on the GUI for ESA in the two youtube videos about ESA), and the Settings menu also does not have any option to select ESA (like it does have for Pattern Maker and Micro Tuner).

My GUI --
http://snag.gy/qWXvO.jpg

My settings menu --
http://snag.gy/3kh3j.jpg

My Instruments folder and TVEC 4 folder inside --
http://snag.gy/9gr0u.jpg

compare what I got to what's shown in the youtube vids about ESA --
http://snag.gy/x87Tn.jpg

I've looked all over the GUIs, tried all the different Instruments (the regular ones and the TVEC 3 ones too), read all over the website, so I don't think it's there and I'm missing it, but maybe I am.

I'm thinking I didn't get the most recent version or something. I used the links Kirk sent, and even re-downloaded the instruments zip again but it was the same as the first one I'd initially downloaded.

Really wanted ESA, a key reason for my purchase. So any help from Kirk and anyone else would be very appreciated. Thank you.
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

@dbender Email Kirk. He'll get you sorted.
KVRian

743 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

For someone who just wants to play the libraries the installation process can be somewhat daunting... It took me half an hour yesterday just to figure out how to load and save the authorization key, so that I could send it back in order to receive the instruments folder... Phew! Which I am still waiting for! Now it's all different again???
So will I have to re-download the lib again... and how long will this all take?
I'm a very happy Pop Rock/Concert string and brass user and applaude Kirk's decision to change the copy protection after listening to users comments and I'm really looking forward to using Spotlight Strings... But to be honest... it is all a bit of a hassle!
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:07 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

kelvyn wrote:For someone who just wants to play the libraries the installation process can be somewhat daunting... It took me half an hour yesterday just to figure out how to load and save the authorization key, so that I could send it back in order to receive the instruments folder... Phew! Which I am still waiting for! Now it's all different again???
So will I have to re-download the lib again... and how long will this all take?
I'm a very happy Pop Rock/Concert string and brass user and applaude Kirk's decision to change the copy protection after listening to users comments and I'm really looking forward to using Spotlight Strings... But to be honest... it is all a bit of a hassle!

I'm not really sure how things will be handled for those who have the previous authorization version. When I was discussing things with Kirk he was in the midst of dealing with a ton of orders and issuing rebates for those who purchased before we hit the 50% discount level and the 5% rebates for past customers. I don't know what the change will entail as far as downloads/new files. Kirk will be back at the forum to answer that question tomorrow. But, of course, you can always proceed with using the library as it is now if you prefer, for as long as you like; that is, you don't have to make any adjustments or download the new version that doesn't require authorization if you don't want to; what you have will continue to work fine and you can deal with the update later, at your convenience.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)