What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Kirk Hunter Group Buy: NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian

1278 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:16 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

what about the demo? i mean, how will the SSS demo work then? will it be like other libraries, a very cut down version of it with fewer instruments than in full version, or will it be like it was, only without authorization process? one of the reasons i liked SSS demo more was because i could test drive it practically without limitations.
From Russia with love
KVRian

743 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:36 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

eDrummist wrote:
kelvyn wrote:For someone who just wants to play the libraries the installation process can be somewhat daunting... It took me half an hour yesterday just to figure out how to load and save the authorization key, so that I could send it back in order to receive the instruments folder... Phew! Which I am still waiting for! Now it's all different again???
So will I have to re-download the lib again... and how long will this all take?
I'm a very happy Pop Rock/Concert string and brass user and applaude Kirk's decision to change the copy protection after listening to users comments and I'm really looking forward to using Spotlight Strings... But to be honest... it is all a bit of a hassle!

I'm not really sure how things will be handled for those who have the previous authorization version. When I was discussing things with Kirk he was in the midst of dealing with a ton of orders and issuing rebates for those who purchased before we hit the 50% discount level and the 5% rebates for past customers. I don't know what the change will entail as far as downloads/new files. Kirk will be back at the forum to answer that question tomorrow. But, of course, you can always proceed with using the library as it is now if you prefer, for as long as you like; that is, you don't have to make any adjustments or download the new version that doesn't require authorization if you don't want to; what you have will continue to work fine and you can deal with the update later, at your convenience.

It's very nice of you to clarify the situation. Thanks!

I'm just a teeny bit concerned that having not received my 'Instrument' folder yet (after sending the authorization key back), that things might get unduly delayed in the confusion of going from copy to non copy protection.

Truth be told I'm just an impatient person who is itching to get his fingers on the Spotlight Strings.... So I guess it's back to twiddling thumbs!
KVRian

619 posts since 11 Jun, 2004, from London

Postby Kraznet; Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:53 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Kraznet and @rasmusklump Know that your voices were heard in this decision. Kirk and I specifically discussed your comments as well as that of others.

it's great news that Kirk has decided to abandon the copy protection scheme which in my case made me unable to use the library. I look forward to getting the new version when it arrives.

Thanks
Kraznet
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet
KVRAF

3141 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

eDrummist wrote:I have an announcement to make on behalf of Kirk Hunter Studios and I think it's great news:

"The copy protection on Spotlight Strings was as an anti-piracy measure intended to slow the damage done by pirates in the introduction of this new library. However, it has become clear from customer feedback that many Kirk Hunter Studios customers felt such protection negatively impacts the user experience and the user experience is our first priority. Consequently, beginning February 24, 2014, Kirk Hunter Studios libraries will no longer require authorization (with the exception of Pop/Rock Strings, which as a KONTAKT Player library, uses Native Instruments' authorization process). "

--- ### ---

Kirk told me that he expects that the updated libraries that do not require authorization should be available tomorrow afternoon (PST).
There's another reason why this is good news. The files are actually different than what were made available for the trial version. They include some of the new enhancements Kirk was working on. So, the instructions saying you don't need to download the files if you already have the trial version are now incorrect.
I'm glad I held off on doing the reinstall and with going through the authorization process.
Perhaps Kirk can find a way to use a watermark similar to Embertone protection or something less intrusive and more agreeable to users?
I don't like seeing developers' wares being made available for free, for example when searching for Concert Strings II reviews (not many reviews of it found yet) and coming up with free download sites instead.
KVRist

140 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Are the Violins, Violas, Cellos and Basses in Spotlight each separate Kontakt Instruments, or, is there a single Kontakt Instrument that contains all these different instrument types?

I usually like to have one master Kontakt Instrument to load to be able to access all the different instrument types, instead of having to load a separate Kontakt Instrument for each instrument type.

I'm hoping that there are both so I have the option, i.e., e.g., both one master Kontakt Instrument to load to be able to access all the different instrument types (e.g., all_instruments.nki), and also, separate Kontakt Instrument for each instrument type (e.g., violins.nki, violas.nki etc.).
KVRian

1275 posts since 4 Dec, 2002, from Earth

Postby eDrummist; Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:13 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

I've just been updated by Kirk Hunter. As of now, Spotlight Strings and Spotlight Strings demo/trial version no longer require authorization. Consequently, NO Kirk Hunter Studios libraries utilize authorization/copy protection except for Pop/Rock Strings which, as a Native Instruments KONTAKT Player library, utilizes NI's authorization process.
KVRist

140 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:22 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Thanks, eDrummist, downloading the demo now.

I was wondering if you could help me and shed some light on how/where/what-do-I-do-to I access ESA in Pop/Rock Strings which I bought (see my prior post just above). :?
KVRer

21 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:41 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

A little confusion:

I downloaded the trial to Spotlight a couple of weeks ago and purchased SSS last week. I just received the email with the full kontakt files. Do I need to redownload the sample and resource files? I didn't think I had to but with Kirk changing the anti-piracy stuff, I am not sure.

By the way, thanks a bunch for everyone's help with all of my questions!! I am kind of new to the realm of music creation in this fashion!
KVRer

19 posts since 25 Oct, 2013, from France

Postby Vardaro; Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:27 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

First impressions, (after strugling with the file layouts!)

CB2: I was tempted by Samplemodeling's French Horn, but with the Group Buy SC2 was cheaper, and more complete, with amazing resources
CS2: I was tempted by Diamond, (same price as GPO!): (I really need warm chamber strings), but this is even more versatile. The 3-level X-fade vibrato is interesting (except on solos). I find the medium vibrato best for my needs, or a velocity-controlled x-fade.
SSS: A thoroughbred racehorse! One needs to be really familiar with string instruments to make good use of all these parameters. The timbre seems sleeker than CS2 (or SS1), especially the Ripieno.

I have one complaint (about nearly all string libraries): tremolo in ensemble strings (even in duos) should definitely not sound synchronised: it should shimmer. I shall have to layer two smaller sections, with one of them time-stretched. Boring!

Woodwind? I' shall save up for Xsample's.

Without the Group Buy, (and the reduced pricing!) I would have made do with CS2's quarter section, as I already use SS1 and Xsample's solo strings. Now the sky's the limit: Many thanks, Kirk!
KVRian

743 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:57 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

So! Just received the 'Instruments' folder and given the strings a quick run through.
First impressions are very positive...

In the past I have used string libraries combined with one or two real violins and a cello in my commercial productions. This always worked really well in a pop context or for advertising stuff where the onus wasn't really on the strings in the arrangement. I find I'm getting the same sound now with the spotlight strings by layering the soloists individually and not as a group (which also sounds pretty good) with slight timing fluctuations. This in times of ever decreasing budgets is a great boon to me. So thanks Kirk for a really cool product.

By the way I'm not saying this wouldn't wotk in other genres or contexts just that for the way I work (not symphony or huge calssical film scores) it seems to be the perfect tool in combination with the other Kirk Hunter libraries I own.
KVRist

399 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

jbraner wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:Just email me with new registered keys to your new system/computer, and all will be ok.

So the instruments are tied to our PC then? I guess that happens when we click the button, then save the file and send it to you...

Don't worry. Your instruments will port over to other computers.
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

dbender wrote:Are the Violins, Violas, Cellos and Basses in Spotlight each separate Kontakt Instruments, or, is there a single Kontakt Instrument that contains all these different instrument types?

I usually like to have one master Kontakt Instrument to load to be able to access all the different instrument types, instead of having to load a separate Kontakt Instrument for each instrument type.

I'm hoping that there are both so I have the option, i.e., e.g., both one master Kontakt Instrument to load to be able to access all the different instrument types (e.g., all_instruments.nki), and also, separate Kontakt Instrument for each instrument type (e.g., violins.nki, violas.nki etc.).

There are 4 Kontakt instruments in Spotlight Strings so far.
1 - violins
2 - violas
3 - cellos
4 - basses

If you would like, I can create a single multi that has all 4 instruments available as well. That's going to require a LOT of memory.
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

eDrummist wrote:I've just been updated by Kirk Hunter. As of now, Spotlight Strings and Spotlight Strings demo/trial version no longer require authorization. Consequently, NO Kirk Hunter Studios libraries utilize authorization/copy protection except for Pop/Rock Strings which, as a Native Instruments KONTAKT Player library, utilizes NI's authorization process.

Actually, there IS copy-protection. But it's all now programmed internally so that the user does not have to do anything. However, after the initial install (which is automatic as soon as you download and unzip the files) you will only be able to copy to 2 other systems. If you need to copy to more, then you can always contact me and I'll set it up for you.
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:24 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

dbender wrote:Thanks, eDrummist, downloading the demo now.

I was wondering if you could help me and shed some light on how/where/what-do-I-do-to I access ESA in Pop/Rock Strings which I bought (see my prior post just above). :?

the tvec 4 and esa instruments are at the bottom of your download page.
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:24 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

dandezebra wrote:A little confusion:

I downloaded the trial to Spotlight a couple of weeks ago and purchased SSS last week. I just received the email with the full kontakt files. Do I need to redownload the sample and resource files? I didn't think I had to but with Kirk changing the anti-piracy stuff, I am not sure.

By the way, thanks a bunch for everyone's help with all of my questions!! I am kind of new to the realm of music creation in this fashion!

You will not need to re-download the samples.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)