HOFA IQ-Comp V2 Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

we're in the final stage of the IQ-Comp V2. You can already use the public beta which can be installed via the HOFA-Plugins Manager (choose "Install IQ-Comp V2 Beta").

The IQ-Comp V2 adds features like sound flavor mode buttons, a sidechain filter, a second compressing mode or an output clipper to the existing IQ-Comp and also has a revised GUI.

The beta is free and will run until 01.04.2014 at which time the IQ-Comp will be released.

Feel free to mail us any feedback (plugins@hofa.de).

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

Looks cool Christian, thanks for the heads up.

Why when used as an insert in a mono track do the 2 Windows show L and R ??

cheers

They shouldn't. :)
On a quick glance it seems that Dual-Mono and M/S presets also work on mono instances. I will have a look to catch that or maybe even disable dual mode presets in mono configurations.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

HOFA wrote:
They shouldn't. :)
On a quick glance it seems that Dual-Mono and M/S presets also work on mono instances. I will have a look to catch that or maybe even disable dual mode presets in mono configurations.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins
I get the L and R when I open projects that already have the current release version of the v1 Comp as inserts on mono tracks.

So not trying any presets.

Cheers

In which host and with what plugin format does this happen?
If you have a project where this happens it'd be great if you could mail it to us (plugins@hofa.de). The project file without audio should suffice.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

HOFA wrote:In which host and with what plugin format does this happen?
If you have a project where this happens it'd be great if you could mail it to us (plugins@hofa.de). The project file without audio should suffice.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins
AU in Logic Pro X 10.0.6
OSX 10.9.1

The settings in the 2 windows are identical.
The only difference is one says L and the other says R.

I'm not in my studio now so can't send you a project file.
Please PM me if you really would like me to.
cheers

I was able to reproduce and fix it (only did a quick check on Windows before, were this doesn't seem to happen). I'm still working on the preset bug which will be fixed with the next Release.

There isn't an automatic update detection present for the beta, but you can simply uninstall and install the IQ-Comp V2 Beta.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

HOFA wrote:I was able to reproduce and fix it (only did a quick check on Windows before, were this doesn't seem to happen). I'm still working on the preset bug which will be fixed with the next Release.

There isn't an automatic update detection present for the beta, but you can simply uninstall and install the IQ-Comp V2 Beta.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins
Glad to help.
The version I have is beta 5 I think.
I guess if I check your web page from time to time it will show when beta 6 is released ?

cheers

Ah, sorry. V2.0.beta-6 is already online but I forgot to change the entry on the website.
Should bo OK now.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

HOFA wrote:Ah, sorry. V2.0.beta-6 is already online but I forgot to change the entry on the website.
Should bo OK now.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins
Ok well now there is only one window, is that correct ?

In the Plugins Manager it says I have v2.0 beta 3 installed now.
But the GUI says it is beta 6.

cheers

The HOFA-Plugins Manager gets the version from another place. It should show the correct version now after installing.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

HOFA wrote:The HOFA-Plugins Manager gets the version from another place. It should show the correct version now after installing.
Christian
HOFA-Plugins
Ok thanks.
Please check your PM.

Christian how do you turn Clip off ?

Clip is Off by default.
Once it is on I can't work out any way to turn it off again.
I can set it at 0.0db but I can't work out how to turn it off.

AU in Logic 10.0.6

Clip is turned off by dragging (or via mouse-wheel) the control beyond "0.0". I think it is currently not possible to enter "off", but we'll have a look about adding this.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

HOFA wrote:Clip is turned off by dragging (or via mouse-wheel) the control beyond "0.0". I think it is currently not possible to enter "off", but we'll have a look about adding this.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins
Ah ha !
Thanks, works well.

cheers

Return to “Effects”