Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

Hi guys!

Just a short notice, that Acon Digital Verberate 1.1 as been released - including AAX support: http://acondigital.com/news/verberate-with-aax-support/

Needless to say, the upgrade is free for all Verberate customers.

Stian

I've implemented some improvements in the late reverberation that gives a better sense of stereo and a more "lively" tail when using long reverb times and small room sizes (very noticeable with the some of the plate presets). Furthermore, Verberate now shows up in AudioSuite in Pro Tools.

There are also good news regarding VST3 support. The latest JUCE version (the library we use for cross-platform coding) now includes VST3 support and I'll look into that ASAP.

Meanwhile, I've uploaded beta versions for those interested: As usual, your feedback is greatly appreciated! 8)

Changelog
  • Improvements in the late reverberation network that give less coloration, more life and a better sense of stereo
  • AudioSuite support
  • The workings of the stereo spread parameter had to be modified due to the changes in the late reverberation network, but this should be transparent for users.
Stian

Thanks for the update to Verberate Stian, i'll try it out soon! Is the improvements only heard in small room sizes or can it be heard in large ones as well?
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Thank you for the update.
It seems that the cpu usage increased a little bit, isn't it (or maybe it is my buffer settings, or reverb settings) ?

sounddesigner wrote:Thanks for the update to Verberate Stian, i'll try it out soon! Is the improvements only heard in small room sizes or can it be heard in large ones as well?
Thanks! I think my original post was slightly misleading. The improvement will be more pronounced when the reverberation time is long compared to the room size. In other words, you should notice the difference also with large spaces, such as the halls and church presets.

Stian

sinkmusic wrote:Thank you for the update.
It seems that the cpu usage increased a little bit, isn't it (or maybe it is my buffer settings, or reverb settings) ?
Thanks for testing! I couldn't measure any difference in the CPU hit, but it is certainly possible that the CSU usage has increased slightly. Was it a big difference?

Stian

Not huge (cpu use around 5-5.5% here, and it seems that previous version was more like 3.5-5%, but it can be due to using different settings).

sinkmusic wrote:Not huge (cpu use around 5-5.5% here, and it seems that previous version was more like 3.5-5%, but it can be due to using different settings).
That seems too much and I'll do some benchmarking with different buffer sizes...

Stian

stian wrote:
sounddesigner wrote:Thanks for the update to Verberate Stian, i'll try it out soon! Is the improvements only heard in small room sizes or can it be heard in large ones as well?
Thanks! I think my original post was slightly misleading. The improvement will be more pronounced when the reverberation time is long compared to the room size. In other words, you should notice the difference also with large spaces, such as the halls and church presets.

Stian
Ok, I understand now. Good to see a great reverb even further improved sonicly! Can't wait to have time to try and use the new update!

All the best!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Unfortunately, there are still some stability issues with the new VST3 support in JUCE, so I'll probably postpone that and release an update with the audio quality improvements. I received feedback that the stereo image is too narrow in the low frequency range, so I've improved that. Additionally, I did manage to optimize further so that the CPU load should now be slightly less that the current official release (1.1.0).

Here are the links to the current beta build:
Changelog
  • Wider stereo image below 250 Hz
  • CPU optimizations
  • No duplicate "Verberate1.prop" file when using the portable version
I'm a bit behind the schedule regarding the surround version, but it is coming... :-)

Stian

Hi everybody!

Just a short note to let you know that version 1.2 with the audio quality improvements has been released: http://acondigital.com/news/verberate-1-2/

Stian

Thank you !
I like the way Acon products keep on being update on a regular basis.
This reverb and the denoiser are really great plugins !

sinkmusic wrote:Thank you !
I like the way Acon products keep on being update on a regular basis.
This reverb and the denoiser are really great plugins !
Thanks to you for the nice feedback! :)

Stian

Readers of "Computer Music" magazine should check out the latest issue (202 – April 2014) which contains a very nice review of Verberate. Here's a quote: "Verberate is a brilliant, novel and genuinely unique offering from the increasingly impressive Acon Digital [...]".

Verberate also recieved an innovation award. :D

http://www.musicradar.com/computermusic ... 014-595142

Stian

stian wrote:Readers of "Computer Music" magazine should check out the latest issue (202 – April 2014) which contains a very nice review of Verberate. Here's a quote: "Verberate is a brilliant, novel and genuinely unique offering from the increasingly impressive Acon Digital [...]".

Verberate also recieved an innovation award. :D

http://www.musicradar.com/computermusic ... 014-595142

Stian

Congradulations Stian on the positive review of your reverb work from Computer Music! Judging by the quoted phrase of their's I'd say they're spot on and have good recognition :clap: .

Return to “Effects”